Sponsored

Shift knob and reverse lockout collar options?

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 • 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Hey all, just got my car last week and am looking at changing a few things I'm not a huge fan of. Anyone have any shift knob recommendations? Also, are there any billet reverse lockout collars for the GT350? I've looked around and only found ones that fit V6/Ecoboost/GT, but none that are comparable with the Shelby.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
MGW shifter eliminates the whole plastic lock-out thing. Just an idea as I don’t know if any aftermarket ones for our car. As for shift knob, that’s all personal preference. I’ve had three only to end up full circle back with the stock one. None I tried I thought matched the interior like the stock one. It just “fits”.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby gt350
Any collar lockout for the S550 would also work for the GT350. Same style. Raceseng just came out with a very nice billet one

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
MGW shifter eliminates the whole plastic lock-out thing. Just an idea as I don’t know if any aftermarket ones for our car. As for shift knob, that’s all personal preference. I’ve had three only to end up full circle back with the stock one. None I tried I thought matched the interior like the stock one. It just “fits”.
How does reverse work on the MGW then? Is it just able to be freely put into reverse or do they have their own lockout system integrated into their design? I've done some research on the MGW kit and will likely get one sometime in the near future, but I haven't been able to find any info about shifting into reverse.

OP
OP
blue_snek

blue_snek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nic
Vehicle(s)
This is not true. Don’t make the same mistake i made
Yeah that's what I've seen as well. Apparently there's some kind of difference between the GT350/R lockout collar and the EB/V6/GT collar. Every time I've shopped for one there's a disclaimer saying "*this product is not compatible with GT350 and GT350R models". So I'm not sure what to do about that aside from going with an MGW, I really don't like the cheap feeling of the stock lockout collar.

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
How does reverse work on the MGW then? Is it just able to be freely put into reverse or do they have their own lockout system integrated into their design? I've done some research on the MGW kit and will likely get one sometime in the near future, but I haven't been able to find any info about shifting into reverse.
Its push down to reverse

Sponsored

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
I really don't think it's that hard to push down, just very different than the standard lockout. Hard or not, it's worth the upgrade.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Regardless of semantics, you will most certainly not inadvertently select reverse with the MGW, and with the design you will not be stranded without reverse from a collar lock breaking. Has happened to more than one friend.
Sponsored