Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Oh yeah he refunded when i contacted him. Wasn't trying to smear him, as folks seem to love the product, but my order just kinda got lost and i was tired of waiting. I ended up with a gt350 knob/MGW combo that i love so it all worked out. But as you have the 350 now i could see where you'd want something heavier
Just opened a ticket and escalated to PayPal. Let's see how this plays out. :doh:

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just opened a ticket and escalated to PayPal. Let's see how this plays out. :doh:
I emailed you.

Why didn't you email me if you wanted a refund? Also, your knob was unlike any I've ever done and we've done a crap load of custom work. So it's not entirely like something I can just whip out at a rapid pace. Also it hasn't even been 2 months, let alone 3. I'm looking at the order date. I'm fine with frustration and bearing some criticism for my slowness, but let's at least be fair with what we're saying.

Also, as I said in my email a few days ago, I am on vacation and not actually in town to look at or do anything with your order. And as soon as I got back I was going to look into it.

Go ahead and respond to my email or pyapal, or whatever you'd like. We can figure out your order or what you want to do.

Edit: nevermind, refunded.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I emailed you.

Why didn't you email me if you wanted a refund? Also, your knob was unlike any I've ever done and we've done a crap load of custom work. So it's not entirely like something I can just whip out at a rapid pace. Also it hasn't even been 2 months, let alone 3. I'm looking at the order date. I'm fine with frustration and bearing some criticism for my slowness, but let's at least be fair with what we're saying.

Also, as I said in my email a few days ago, I am on vacation and not actually in town to look at or do anything with your order. And as soon as I got back I was going to look into it.

Go ahead and respond to my email or pyapal, or whatever you'd like. We can figure out your order or what you want to do.

Edit: nevermind, refunded.
Because emailing you isn't really getting me anywhere. I'd at least rather have my communication documented via PayPal in case there were any disputes. It shouldn't matter how I asked, just that I asked.

FYI, you didn't say you were on vacation, you just said you're not home two days ago.

It's not that I'm expecting a "rapid pace" from you, but it's the expectations you're constantly setting that you're not meeting. Can you really blame me? Seriously though. It was "2-3 weeks worst case scenario", then it was "you should have it before Christmas." Considering this, plus other similar stories of people waiting much longer than me, there's really no way I can have any confidence that I'll receive my order any time soon.

Don't get me wrong, I respect your work and understand the position you're in. It's not personal, it's just business. If it'll take 60+ days (today is day #59 btw), just tell your customer.

Sponsored

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I probably should have said in your case that it was going to take way longer because of the knob you had chosen and the fact that we'd never ever done it.

I've responded to every one of your emails, I guess I should have been more explicit that I'm on vacation and not just not home. I figured when you emailed me on Christmas and I responded it would have been inferred.

Good luck man, hope you find something you like.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I probably should have said in your case that it was going to take way longer because of the knob you had chosen and the fact that we'd never ever done it.

I've responded to every one of your emails, I guess I should have been more explicit that I'm on vacation and not just not home. I figured when you emailed me on Christmas and I responded it would have been inferred.

Good luck man, hope you find something you like.
Not everyone take vacation during Christmas :thumbsup: but there's nothing wrong with that, it just goes back to communication man that's all.

Thanks.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I color filled my stock one. Added just enough contrast for my liking. It's held up for months now. Still like day one.

dP7Rzg0_zpsh0h2ieew.jpg

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I color filled my stock one. Added just enough contrast for my liking. It's held up for months now. Still like day one.

dP7Rzg0_zpsh0h2ieew.jpg
why not just use automotive touch up paint?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
why not just use automotive touch up paint?
Because this took 5 mins and honestly wanted to see how it'd look.

If I did use touchup paint, I'd have to mask off the surrounding areas which takes a while. Either that or have a very steady hand with a brush or use a needle to fill it in.

This method worked for me and was very fast

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
IMG_1031.jpeg

put her in yesterday. Loving the look so far!
Mine is similar. I love the look with an OW car.....

image_zpsfnsww3ke.jpg

But the I saw these in another thread, and I think its time to upgrade. I love the ruby red look. I think it would look great with the red stitching in my CS..:D

attachment.jpg

...or this...

attachment.jpg

Anarchy Motive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

dP7Rzg0_zpsh0h2ieew.jpg
That actually looks pretty good. Quick tip, I'd mask off the leather portion, then clear coat that silver portion so that it doesn't wear. :thumbsup:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
That actually looks pretty good. Quick tip, I'd mask off the leather portion, then clear coat that silver portion so that it doesn't wear. :thumbsup:
Thanks! So far nothing has come off. I've used the crayon color fill method on my guns and even with gun cleaning oils and heat on the glock slide, it hasn't come off. I think the crayon fill is recessed just enough that regular palm contact doesn't fade or chip it.

We will see how long it lasts. It's been a couple of months so far.
Sponsored