Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r1jester.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Congrats Ruben! Wish I would have known about the Peck Ford show, I would have met up with you!

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
For many of us following 6g before the cars actually hit the market - Mr. Shelby_R has been a wealth of info for us readers. As you can see from the nice comments, he's helped a lot of us out with deals, knowledge and his resources have been unfathomable.

I think all this good karma is coming back you're way and SOON . . . keep you're chin up and your foot down, ride baby ride!

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Quick follow-up: I received a call today from the company that I mentioned might be bringing an offer this week...and they are putting the offer together! :headbang: Man, God is great! I unwrapped the R just in time. Next, I need to find other Shelby/Mustang people in San Antonio, TX; which is where my family and I would be moving. :ford:.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I REALLY appreciate all the support. It's been such a blessing to meet/get to know so many of you through this forum. My hope is that I've been able to give back just a little bit of what you all have given to me by way of knowledge, support, and enthusiasm. :D

Ride on! :ford:

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Quick follow-up: I received a call today from the company that I mentioned might be bringing an offer this week...and they are putting the offer together! :headbang: Man, God is great! I unwrapped the R just in time. Next, I need to find other Shelby/Mustang people in San Antonio, TX; which is where my family and I would be moving. :ford:.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words - I REALLY appreciate all the support. It's been such a blessing to meet/get to know so many of you through this forum. My hope is that I've been able to give back just a little bit of what you all have given to me by way of knowledge, support, and enthusiasm. :D

I will be !! another R in TEXAS !!...Your just down the road from Dallas....You will love San Antonio, and the "River-Walk" for all the restaurants.. Let me know when you get settled I will come down in my R..and we can all go to dinner !!..I'm so glad things are looking up for you. The R needed to be driven !! I can truthfully say this R is my all time favorite car...it literally goes over pot holes, and rail road tracks better than my 5 series M Sport:thumbsup:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Beautiful machine

One day hopefully.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Congrats on the R and happy you can keep it! Excellent color combo!

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I will be !! another R in TEXAS !!...Your just down the road from Dallas....You will love San Antonio, and the "River-Walk" for all the restaurants.. Let me know when you get settled I will come down in my R..and we can all go to dinner !!..I'm so glad things are looking up for you. The R needed to be driven !! I can truthfully say this R is my all time favorite car...it literally goes over pot holes, and rail road tracks better than my 5 series M Sport:thumbsup:
I'm going with the misses @ the end of this month to scope areas of Austin to build a home.

I'm 99% sure we are moving next April in which I will be bringing the R down as well. . I'll be the guy with the windows down and NO A/C while you and Shelby_R boy chillax and listen to Jimmy Buffett. :lol::cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

I have been on the road since Sunday morning and now just leaving Toronto and heading for Ottawa in a few minutes but wanted to provide a couple of comments and observations after catching up on recent events.

I first met Ruben ~9 months ago at the MCA Grand National Mustang show in Columbus, Ohio and I new right away that this was a special person. Over these last 9 months we have spent a considerable amount of time together and have gotten to know him quite well.

With almost 50 years in the car hobby I have learned that good things come to good people and I suggest that certainly is the case here.

Ruben, congratulations to you, Melissa and your family on this new business opportunity along with you getting to know how special these R models are to drive and experience.

You are a very special person to both Lynn and I and we look forward to spending more time with you and Melissa in the near future!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I feel for you Ruben!

We got word, about a month in a half ago, that my company is laying off 12,000 people.
First thing I told my wife… “if I’m hit I’m not selling the Shelby!” She laughed.

Congrats on the R and your new endeavor! :cheers:

Minime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang v6, 00 Chevy cavalier 155k miles
Can I request more pictures of this beauty? I've never seen; nor thought of that color/stripe combo!

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car

Hi Shelby R, good luck on the new job. I may be heading down towards Austin to move in the next 18 months or so as well. Tough thing about working in corporate. You never know where it will take you. Texas I think is a good move. Solid area and you can probably drive the car all year long! Good luck, enjoy the car. I love my base and would love to get an R but my base is impressive. Good luck. If you are around for a bit before you leave. All of us Chicagoland Shelby guys should meet up.

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Hi Shelby R, good luck on the new job. I may be heading down towards Austin to move in the next 18 months or so as well. Tough thing about working in corporate. You never know where it will take you. Texas I think is a good move. Solid area and you can probably drive the car all year long! Good luck, enjoy the car. I love my base and would love to get an R but my base is impressive. Good luck. If you are around for a bit before you leave. All of us Chicagoland Shelby guys should meet up.
I completely agree - we should all meet up! :thumbsup:

Name a date/time/location and I'll make every effort to be there. :ford:
Sponsored