Sponsored

shelby_r's...R: GR227

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Congratulations and thanks for sharing a great story.
Beautiful car too.
Best part is moving to Sunny Austin where you get to drive your car all year round.

I am south of you in Indy and my wife and I have been talking of moving since we arrived here 16 years ago,but still here!

mocing also gives you good reason to ditch any "necessary for Chicago " all wheel drive cars and get more mustangs!

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Congratulations and thanks for sharing a great story.
Beautiful car too.
Best part is moving to Sunny Austin where you get to drive your car all year round.

I am south of you in Indy and my wife and I have been talking of moving since we arrived here 16 years ago,but still here!

mocing also gives you good reason to ditch any "necessary for Chicago " all wheel drive cars and get more mustangs!
...you read my mind! I was already contemplating the sale of my all-wheel drive DD in order to get something else more...ah...practical for the warm weather. :D

Now I just need to convince my wife that losing the DD to purchase another car as a DD is really a "net-net" situation. :ford:

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I completely agree - we should all meet up! :thumbsup:

Name a date/time/location and I'll make every effort to be there. :ford:
I'm taking this weekend off to go smallmouth fishing but after Monday I can plan and meet whenever need be. Hope to see everyone soon.

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
Congrats Shelby on the car (she's a beauty) and on getting a new job. The Lord works in mysterious ways so I'm sure the best is still ahead of you!

Sponsored

aberdeenmeadows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Congrats

Congrats on your new "R" and for having an amazing wife supporting you. I intend that your opportunity for new employment is acquired this week.

March 31st of this year I went down to the dealership to trade in my Escape in for a Mustang GT Convertible. My girlfriend had talked me into getting an Escape last year because our 2013 Mustang Convertible, V6 got flooded and so she wanted us to get something higher up and more practical. When I told her I was at the dealer she wasn't too happy and I could feel she would've wanted me to get something with better gas mileage like the Mustang EcoBoost. Luckily, it all worked out because she really loves the GT and she likes the sound this car makes. I have never had a GT and wanted to make this mustang the GT I have always wanted and so glad my girlfriend fully supports me and enjoys the ride as well. She finally admitted she didn't like the Escape!

We are going on a road trip from Houston to Boston and NYC in a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to driving the whole trip in the Mustang, top down most of the way!

What's funny is that I had planned on getting the new Fiat Spider 124 this summer. I am grateful for getting the GT instead for obvious reasons!

Enjoy your new car! She's a beauty and a beast all wrapped in one! Beauty on the outside and a beast on inside!

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Sooooo, it's official! I have formally accepted the offer to work in San Antonio!

- No more snow
- No more thick winter jackets
- No more living without AC :D

Now, I can FINALLY sell my AWD DD and just enjoy the cars I REALLY want to drive! I can't wait.

...the R as a DD? I could see that, as long as I have safe parking ;).

Thanks again to all! Texas or bust! :ford:

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Congrats on the job opportunity!
SA is a great place to live.
DD the R I don't know about that ..

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Sooooo, it's official! I have formally accepted the offer to work in San Antonio!

- No more snow

Now, I can FINALLY sell my AWD DD and just enjoy the cars I REALLY want to drive! I can't wait.

So great shelby_r. I'm happy for you and your family. :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

- No more snow

:clap2:

Congratulations!! I'm glad everything worked out for you. I wish you good luck on your new exciting journey! :cheers::cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

- No more snow

Outstanding news and we are very happy for you and your family!!

Can't wait to hear the details with respect to timing etc. and wish you all the best on your relocation along with this new chapter in your business career.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored