MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Where I live a joy ride technically violates the "stay at home" order. You can only leave your residence for certain reasons. I don't think it's being strictly enforced, though. People out driving seem to get the benefit of the doubt that they are getting groceries, etc. Where I think it could be an issue is if you get pulled over not very close to home. They might ticket you for violating the order in addition to speeding or whatever.
Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
i went last saturday night through some canyons, thinking i might do so again for a bit here in a few minutes.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
i went last saturday night through some canyons, thinking i might do so again for a bit here in a few minutes.

Ortega Hwy?

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Just came back from a blacktop run through the Red Rock Canyon area. Tomorrow, I’ll take the Jeep out onto the desert dirt.
I went last week. Red Rock Loop is closed so people were parked along the side of Charleston Blvd all the way from Calico to Spring Mountain. Not fun because I had to spend the entire drive watching out for people unexpectedly pulling out in front of me.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My town does have a stay at home in shelter decree being enforced, they only want people out for groceries, gas, medicine and essential jobs that cant be done remotely at home.

The roads which are normally quiet around here are even more so now, I-95 is almost abandoned especially during non rush hour periods, its kinda spooky.

I normally take my car out everyday for about a 45 minute joyride around town and down A1A alone the beaches, now I do it only every other day.

TC

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
No total lockdown/quarantine here in Denmark, but schools, shops, bars and all that are closed down, for 4 weeks. Most non-essential public workers are sent home. Alot of private companies that can do work from home do it. I'm a carpenter and can still go to work so I'm not too affected by all this. Not many cars on the roads, so I save some time in both ends of my workday.
Took my GT for a spin thru central Copenhagen friday night. Not a single soul in sight at the main entrance at Tivoli. This place is usually packed with locals and tourists. Feels like we are a few weeks away from that I am Legend GT500 scene.
IMG_8059.jpg

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
No total lockdown/quarantine here in Denmark, but schools, shops, bars and all that are closed down, for 4 weeks. Most non-essential public workers are sent home. Alot of private companies that can do work from home do it. I'm a carpenter and can still go to work so I'm not too affected by all this. Not many cars on the roads, so I save some time in both ends of my workday.
Took my GT for a spin thru central Copenhagen friday night. Not a single soul in sight at the main entrance at Tivoli. This place is usually packed with locals and tourists. Feels like we are a few weeks away from that I am Legend GT500 scene.
IMG_8059.jpg
That was a good movie

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I will take mine out tomorrow. She deserves it. There are a lot of empty roads here in Texas.
Try toll rd. 130 between I-10 in Seguin and Austin. Speed limit is 85. If you don't have any other tickets in the last year, my read on the rule is anything less than 25 over the limit and the judge has to let you take a driving safety course to dismiss the ticket. If that's right, they can clock you at 109 and you get that break. I miss Texas!

Sponsored

carpenj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Keep in mind when you’re out that contact with an officer or EMT/fire stresses an already stressed system and carries a significantly higher risk of contracting the virus, since they’re forced into close contact with dozens of strangers every single day. So much so that some cities (Cinci, Dallas) are no longer responding to certain 911 calls.

TLDR: PSA to be extra careful to avoid contact with first responders when you’re out. Have fun, be safer!

Last edited:

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I went last week. Red Rock Loop is closed so people were parked along the side of Charleston Blvd all the way from Calico to Spring Mountain. Not fun because I had to spend the entire drive watching out for people unexpectedly pulling out in front of me.
Was planning on going out to Calico Basin for a hike this morning, but decided against it. Since the formal RR park entrance is closed, most of the locals will be headed to Calico Basin.

Mount Charleston/Kyle Canyon might be a good drive.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Mount Charleston/Kyle Canyon might be a good drive.
That’s always a good drive. I’m waiting for Tuesday when we _finally_ get some springtime temperatures to do some top-down cruising.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
About to go out for one shortly.... 18C and sunny out for the next few hours until rain rolls in later this afternoon. No stay at home order here, but all non-essential businesses are closed... so the roads have been nice and quiet. Can't beat these gas prices either ... I saw one station had regular for 65c/L the other day. I need at least 91 and even that was only 85c/L.... I can't recall seeing gas prices in the 60-cent range since I was in high school - nearly 20 years ago now.

OP
OP
Little Guy

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can't beat these gas prices either ... I saw one station had regular for 65c/L the other day. I need at least 91 and even that was only 85c/L.... I can't recall seeing gas prices in the 60-cent range since I was in high school - nearly 20 years ago now.
I paid $1.97 for Premium at a Shell station today. Awesome. I work in Oil & Gas. We are losing money on every barrel of crude we run right now.
Sponsored