Setting MagneRide Independently

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is this possible? Can you set the damping mode independently of the drive mode?
I can't seem to figure out how to do this, if at all possible.

Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Damn. So if you want a better throttle response you must necessarily make the suspension harder? That's a strange limitation. :crazy:
I love the normal suspension mode. I don't want it any harder. :frown:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Damn. So if you want a better throttle response you must necessarily make the suspension harder? That's a strange limitation. :crazy:
Correct. (I'd say you have lots to discover but everyone has their own preference regarding suspension but it takes time ;-) ).

Also, it's a different throttle response, not necessarily "better" for everyone - although I drive practicaly always in Track mode and that's one of the reasons.

The options to achieve what you want is either tune the ECU, use a device altering throttle pedal communication with ECU (which I think is stupid) or use an aftermarket Magneride controller (DSC Sport) where you can tie whatever suspension calibration you want with each of the drive modes (it doesn't achieve true real time independence though).

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sport mode doesn't affect suspension. Sport+, track and drag modes do though

Sponsored

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
Yup. Its even worse when you cannot change steering mode neither. Daily driving in sport+ mode but can’t change steering to normal or comfort when parking or taking u-turn :facepalm:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'd have to double-check to be sure, so apologies in advance if this is wrong, but I think you can do most, possibly all, suspension/exhaust combinations indirectly through the drive modes.

Via the Mustang button on the steering wheel, enable the "show my mode" (or something like that) display to find the drive mode that corresponds to your desired suspension setting. Once you've selected that drive mode (via the drive mode button below the radio), select the steering mode desired via the steering button (on the same row as the drive button), then finally select the desired exhaust setting via Mustang button (if I remember correctly) on the steering wheel, and save as "my mode".

Works, or not?

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
You are correct about exhaust mode. However for car with magneride, you cannot change steering mode independently in any driving mode except normal. As pics below, im in sport+, i can change exhaust to track but when i toggle steering switch, i get the message.
4913DAAC-D7FD-481A-B40C-05B2C31E3D99.jpeg

C930C2F4-0DC3-4A87-BB27-20AA488BBF8A.jpeg

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
can not individually adjust them. and trying under my mode still defaults to the mode its in. ie track mode wont let you change suspension or steering but will let you change exhaust. at least how it is on my vehicle.

i had Lund put my throttle response same as the track mode. like the OP i like the throttle response that way, rest of the car normal mode

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Yep that's silly and I completely agree with you.

If you'd like the sharper throttle response without being forced into the stiff suspension there's a few options like Sprint Booster, Pedal Commander or a tune.

Personally I liked the Sport throttle response for heel toes. I ended up spacing the throttle pedal by 10mm and it really helped. I got used to the normal mode.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sport mode doesn't affect suspension. Sport+, track and drag modes do though
You need to specify what you're talking about. Talking about drive modes, sport mode puts you in sport suspension mode, and you cannot change that. And apparently you cannot change the steering mode either. I don't know if my car shows sport or sport+, but I've never noticed the '+'. As far as exhaust mode, I think you can choose anything you want in any mode, and save it on 'MyMode'.

I really wish MR was independently adjustable too. Can't stand driving in sport mode where I live, so have to put up with the lethargic throttle response of normal mode, which means I cannot do my own rev-match... but at least my car has that feature, so I use it when in normal mode. And it works flawlessly, and with the exact 'aggression' I like :).

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You need to specify what you're talking about. Talking about drive modes, sport mode puts you in sport suspension mode, and you cannot change that. And apparently you cannot change the steering mode either. I don't know if my car shows sport or sport+, but I've never noticed the '+'. As far as exhaust mode, I think you can choose anything you want in any mode, and save it on 'MyMode'.

I really wish MR was independently adjustable too. Can't stand driving in sport mode where I live, so have to put up with the lethargic throttle response of normal mode, which means I cannot do my own rev-match... but at least my car has that feature, so I use it when in normal mode. And it works flawlessly, and with the exact 'aggression' I like :).
There is no sport suspension mode. Shifting to sport from drive does not affect the suspension of the magneride system. You have to change the drive modes with the toggle switch. Your thinking of sport+ mode. This applies to the 10speed auto. If you have a 6 speed manual then ignore me.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, manual here. BE SPECIFIC when talking about 'sport', since there's sport suspension mode, sport driving mode, sport transmission mode (for A10s), and sport steering mode.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I agree, the only modes for suspension seems to be normal, track, and drag. I know it says it puts it in a “sport” mode for the magride. But all my research and feel of the pants it’s 0 difference. Normal and track a difference, normal and drag a difference especially with the way it squats and the front rises. sport and wet makes zero difference. And from what someone posted the mapping it doesn’t change.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You are correct about exhaust mode. However for car with magneride, you cannot change steering mode independently in any driving mode except normal. As pics below, im in sport+, i can change exhaust to track but when i toggle steering switch, i get the message.
4913DAAC-D7FD-481A-B40C-05B2C31E3D99.jpeg

C930C2F4-0DC3-4A87-BB27-20AA488BBF8A.jpeg
That's really strange. My car (2018, A10 without magneride) lets me change the steering feel even when I'm in Sport+ or Track driving modes. I do it all the time because I'm not a big fan of the heavy steering setting.
Sponsored