Sponsored

Sequential pattern...for brake lights...why is it that some frown upon its use?

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
So blame the other guy for you screwing around with a safety item on your car. Sorry man, that’s just FUBAR!!
So where did I say about altering any safety item? Nowhere. If the person behind you is not paying attention all the lights in the world will not help. Is that clear enough for you, if not your basic english skills are FUBAR.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So where did I say about altering any safety item? Nowhere. If the person behind you is not paying attention all the lights in the world will not help. Is that clear enough for you, if not your basic english skills are FUBAR.
My bad. I reread your post and understand where you are coming from. You are correct about inattentive drivers but there are circumstances that even the best of us might have an issue reacting too. In that fraction of a second I want and need to see a solid red light. Anything else would be distracting.

Last edited:

DogNPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Royal Crimson, 2019 Bolt EV LT
How about if all of the lights come on at the same time, but they go off sequentially? Like what Ford is doing with the turn signals of the Mach-e?

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
My bad. I reread your post and understand where you are coming from. You are correct about inattentive drivers but there are circumstances that even the best of us might have an issue reacting too. In that fraction of a second I want and need to see a solid red light. Anything would be distracting.
You are correct.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
How about if all of the lights come on at the same time, but they go off sequentially? Like what Ford is doing with the turn signals of the Mach-e?
Those look like the 4 way flashers since both sides are coming on at the same time.

Sponsored

DogNPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Royal Crimson, 2019 Bolt EV LT
I'm pretty sure the turn signals behave the same way, only one side at a time.

WaffleMix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
At the end of the day does it matter? People dont see brake lights anyway cause they are on their cell phone or yelling at kids or like some idiots watching netflix in the car while driving. But lets blame the brake lights :)
My daughter told me she was watching Netflix while driving.....I was PISSED1 I told her what is wrong with her and that is extremely dangerous and unsafe! Her reply was and now get ready for the real kicker, she stated to me in these exact words “its no different than texting on a cell phone while driving” that really got me heated. She is 24, and it took someone breaking into her car before she started locking the doors of her car which I always tell her to do, anyway sorry for going off topic but you’re right, people just don’t pay attention until something happens. Oh I was on the highway and this elderly lady in a mini van was swerving in and out of her lane next to me, I look over and she was on two cell phones at the same time! I swear Florida drivers.....RIP

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If you modify your tail lights/brake lights you face a possible lawsuit if somebody hits you. They can claim all sorts of BS reasons why your lights are the reason they hit you and you will have to prove otherwise. If you leave them stock they can only sue the car manufacturer.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
At the end of the day does it matter? People dont see brake lights anyway cause they are on their cell phone or yelling at kids or like some idiots watching netflix in the car while driving. But lets blame the brake lights :)
Liability. It's all about liability.

Mess with your brake lights, get rear-ended, and your coverage can be denied. Your insurance adjuster can deny the claim due to tinting and other modifications.

Plus.....it's just a dumb idea. And heavily federally regulated.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Honestly if you are rear ended, which would be the case if the lights are the issue, how much of your lights are gonna be left to prove anything. and in most cases it happens so fast that the function of the lights are not the problem and/or no ones gonna recall. Is everyone is coming to a sudden stop or you are just sitting there and get rear ended or so on. Then the brake lights were never part of the equation anyway and their proper function wouldn't have stopped anything.

Bottom line is if you get rear ended, more likely then not it is someone not paying attention and it wouldn't have mattered if your brake lights were mini quasars giving off the lights of a 1000 suns. Or it happened so fast that yet again brake lights were never part of the equation no matter their function. If you are a lucid attentive driver, like everyone should be, you can tell a car is slowing down or stopping even if there are no brake lights at all. Or if traffic is stopped and you see a sea of red lights , then again your little lights that come on in sequence, in a matter of a split second no less, really does not mater.

Honestly sequential brake lights make no difference what so ever to be honest. and have you seen them in real life not in a video? they literally sequence in like 2 ths of a second its so fast if you are not looking right at them you dont even see it happen before they are solid. if you are looking at them then you know the cars stopping. Either way it really is a silly pointless argument they make no difference.

Now looking at this topic as a highschool debate topic.. yes its a good topic but as a real world argument its neither here nor there as my grandpa would say.

And for those that are confused or never seen then they sequence once for a blink of an eye then turn solid like normal. They dont continue to sequence. So there is no confusing them with blinkers or hazard lights. Not to mention those other lights are amber not red.