Sponsored

Sequential pattern...for brake lights...why is it that some frown upon its use?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@cmxPPL219 - the euro fog / reverse light unit would be an easy swap, but you would be left to figure out the wiring and switching etc :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
@cmxPPL219 - the euro fog / reverse light unit would be an easy swap, but you would be left to figure out the wiring and switching etc :like:

True!
I looked into this a while ago, and I believe you're absolutely right :sunglasses:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes :like:

Point five on the description was my concern :

“This is not a direct wiring replacement, customer is responsible for wiring light into your harness”

So for you US guys, how are you going to feed and switch it as a fog ? Not impossible, but it would take a little thinking :like:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Your still left with the wiring and switching issue if you want to run it as a fog :like:

Unless I am confused as to what you are referring to it does that.

"Red Running Light: The red light comes on at 50% brightness anytime you have your parking lights or headlights on, to serve as a rear fog lamp. This provides a distinct appearance at night, complementing the factory LED tail lights."

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The other plus about the Euro light is its all LEDs, as opposed to the incandescant bulb in the US reverse light lol

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok, so your talking about only the oem light. I have the diode dynamics light and was just thinking it does this out of the box.
Right exactly.
I see what you're saying about the Diode Dynamics, and you're absolutely right.

On the OEM Euro light, this is where WD is referring to.

WD Pro - the Euro OEM light, based on this euro light switch below, correct me if I'm wrong, but the button on the lower left-hand side, is to independently turn off the centre red rear fog light, correct? (it's also interesting to see the Euro Headlight Levelling switch, which North American Spec models don't have)

Screenshot_2020-10-21 Ford Mustang Headlight Fog Light Switch w Manual Leveling SW7404 (15-20 ...png

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Actually, I'd bet a lot of money, the vast majority of rear-end accidents are due to drivers paying 0 attention. On their phone, or otherwise fucking around and not paying attention.

Do you mean your brake lights sequence? Your tail lights? Or am I misunderstanding something?
@NoVaGT Yeah, your probably right about the distracted driving thing. So many bad drivers on the road these days.

In regards to my tail lights, they sequence. There is no change in reaction time and there is a total of 3 lights that trigger (2 tail lights and a 3rd brake light) when the brakes are in use and is accordance with all DOT requirements.
------------------------------
On a separate note, taillight tint is banned in all 50 states because that is an actual safety issue. not opinion, fact. (hence the 50 state ban). Using the same logic if sequencing lights were an actual safety issue they would be banned as well.

For example, when you look up tail light tint products there is typically some warning about checking regulations blah blah blah in the product description.
------------------------------
Here is a study done by the nhtsa if anyone is interested. Pretty interesting so far (I didn't finish it yet).

NHhttps://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/task20120report.pdf

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@cmxPPL219 - yes that exactly right.

Just because you can physically bolt the unit it doesn't mean it will work as a fog until you wire it to do so.

Point five on the DD description :

“This is not a direct wiring replacement, customer is responsible for wiring light into your harness”

So for you US guys, how are you going to feed and switch it as a fog ? Not impossible, but it would take a little thinking :like:

Also correct on the picture of our U.K. (and I assume euro) light switch. Bottom left turns the rear fog on and off.

Just one little correction though, the right hand side buttons are used to dim the dash illumination :like:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
At the end of the day does it matter? People dont see brake lights anyway cause they are on their cell phone or yelling at kids or like some idiots watching netflix in the car while driving. But lets blame the brake lights :)

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I'm sure Reap wasn't generalizing but point out 'those' people who would not see a truck coming at them armed with death lazers aiming shootig at them no matter what.
Thank you, at least you understood what I meant.
Sponsored