Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
My first post so bear with me please.

I’m 70 and am currently driving a 2014 BMW 435i. It’s my little pocket rocket after doing a few mods. Pulling about 370hp at the rear wheels so it will get up and move. But, my first car was a 64 GTO w/tripower. There is no sound that compares to a V8 but, that’s just my opinion.

But, no pun intended, my butt sits so low in this thing it’s getting to be a chore getting in and out of it. When I first started my research I was leaning towards the Camaro SS. Then I read about its interior quality along how low the driver sits in it that I switched over to the Mustang GT.

Since I was a sales manager with one of the largest Ford dealers in the states 20 years ago I could get a great deal on a new one. Many of the sales people that worked for me are now GSM’s at different dealers in the area. But, I think since this will be my “toy” that I will end up going with a used 2018-2019. Looks like I can save at least $20K+/- depreciation versus buying a new one.

Now my major question. For any of you that have had another type of sports car, how does the Mustang sit compared to it? Yes, I realize I need to go in and sit in one but quite honestly I don’t want to waste any of my friends time dealing with a senile old man until I’m sure the Mustang is what I want.

Thanks for the input and looking forward to being a member of this forum. I belong to a BMW forum that is quite active but this one puts it to shame.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 60 and have had my Mustang for five years and I have loved every minute of it. You do sit low in the Mustang but the driving experience is fantastic I have always been very comfortable driving it I have even driven a 350 mile trip with no problem. The only problem I have sometimes is getting out if you can swing the door all the way open then it's easy to get out of but if the space is confined then with my bad knees I can have some problems. Overall I wouldn't have any other car than my Mustang and now I have it payed off I'm hoping this year I'll be driving her a lot more.

judg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm 66. The second car I owned was a 66 GTO 389 Tri-power. I just sold the 2001 Honda S2000 that I purchased new and bought a used 2019 GT 6M. The GT is SUBSTANTIALLY easier to get in and out of than the S2000. The GT is louder than my GTO was......but it is a sweet roar!

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
The seat height in my Mustang is only slightly lower than in my Passat, I wouldn't call it low at all. My 944 is low, it feels like my ass is within 6 inches of the pavement but it's closer to a foot when measured. The Mustang is much higher than the 944. I'm 55 with a bad lower back and worn out knees, the Mustang isn't a problem.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I own a new model Corvette also, and the Mustang is a piece of cake to get into compared to it.

Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I can only compare the seat height with a Miata and a Corvette from a sports car perspective. My Mustang is way easier to get into then either of those. I think you should go try it out. I would think you could find one around that you cound sit in without bothering your friends just to get a feel for it. If you like the feel of it, then call your friends.

Be aware that Mustangs with power seats have vertical adjustability, which may or may not appeal to you. Good Luck! :like:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I’m 73 and had. 2015 Stang til last year then bought a 2019 BULLITT... I have zero mobility issues and no problems at lall in or out! Went on a long road trip last summer and the Recaros are so comfy! I sold my BMW 6 series Coupe for the ‘15 MY ...50th anniversary pkfg ordered!! Seats are more comfortable that the Beemer!!

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I’m 66 with a right knee replacement. To get in and out I put the seat all the way back. It helps.
2018 GT 6-speed.

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
I'm 62 and pretty athletic w/ no real mobility issues except for a stiff lower back and neck spondylosis. I also have a stock 07 Miata. There's nothing lower on 4 wheels than a Miata- ok, maybe a McLaren! I find that I'm having to "re-teach" some of those core muscles how to support me on entry/exit from the Miata. The mustang not so much. Even tho my butt's about 8" off the pavement, the Miata has an outstanding driving position. The mustang premium, although it has nice supportive lumbar seats and a somewhat low driving position, I don't think it's very low (for me) that affects entry/exit comfort. But, I will say this, due to that long hood and high window sills, I had trouble knowing where my corners were for the first several months. I didn't want to scrape the garage door or another car, or curbs, or wheel stops. That is due to the relative driver position and body contouring of the mustang. I do feel very safe and secure inside the mustang once in and seat adjusted.
And another thing-- my '17 GT PP has the harshest ride I think I've ever ridden in. There are several posters here that have complained about the PP ride, that the dampers are not matched to the springs, or whatever. But I have an arthritic neck and hitting all the bumps in our concrete roads here in DFW can cause outright pain sometimes if I let it get out of hand and not take pain relief. The Miata, OTOH, is like butter. Apparently Steeda has a "comfort package" includes progressive springs and adjustable dampers for <$1k. I am considering the changeout. Hope this helps you old farts!

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'm only 70 with both knees replaced (one recently). Went from a BMW Z4 to my 2017GT. GT much, much easier to enter/exit. As EcoVert stated above, with the door opened all the way absolutely no problems. In my garage with limited space I can't open the door all the way -- but I still manage to get in and out to drive my Mustang! Seats are very comfortable both in town and distance driving. I do have my seat programmed to slide all the way rearward when turning off the car, and sliding back to my driving position when it starts. Highly recommend doing this. Hope you'll love it!

Sponsored

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
51 here and have driven the car 32k miles in under 2 years. Car is easier to get in and out of than my wife's E550 and way easier than my previous sports car, a Z4m. Will say these cars have gotten alot bigger over the years and lined up in the garage next to my wife's car almost as long and seems wider. That being said very comfortable on long trips, great seats and not bad to get in and out of. Also not sure what options you are going to pick however would highly suggest the active exhaust - in my eyes totally makes the car. Hope it helps.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your worried about getting in and out. Get a challenger.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
My first post so bear with me please.

I’m 70 and am currently driving a 2014 BMW 435i. It’s my little pocket rocket after doing a few mods. Pulling about 370hp at the rear wheels so it will get up and move. But, my first car was a 64 GTO w/tripower. There is no sound that compares to a V8 but, that’s just my opinion.

But, no pun intended, my butt sits so low in this thing it’s getting to be a chore getting in and out of it. When I first started my research I was leaning towards the Camaro SS. Then I read about its interior quality along how low the driver sits in it that I switched over to the Mustang GT.

Since I was a sales manager with one of the largest Ford dealers in the states 20 years ago I could get a great deal on a new one. Many of the sales people that worked for me are now GSM’s at different dealers in the area. But, I think since this will be my “toy” that I will end up going with a used 2018-2019. Looks like I can save at least $20K+/- depreciation versus buying a new one.

Now my major question. For any of you that have had another type of sports car, how does the Mustang sit compared to it? Yes, I realize I need to go in and sit in one but quite honestly I don’t want to waste any of my friends time dealing with a senile old man until I’m sure the Mustang is what I want.

Thanks for the input and looking forward to being a member of this forum. I belong to a BMW forum that is quite active but this one puts it to shame.
I’m 76 and had a 350Z last year and my wife hated getting in and out of it, but loves the Mustang. She’s 72.

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@Lgb0250
Im 66, and I love my 3rd mustang.Also previous bmw and import cars.....
Just don't order the recaros seats. Order the premium seats with memory and ventilation.
then program easy access. every time you turn off the seat moves backwards and you can exit easy, Also there is a lot of ajustments.
I recomend a '18 or newer. order also the smart package. auto trans off course, it's faster......
You will love your mustang....ohh I forgot, the active exhaust option is cheap.....run quiet, or loud, 4 settings..
just my 2 cents.....

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
64 and on my 7th Mustang. Have owned many other muscle cars and decided to try out the competition. So, even though I've never owned a GM product I decided to go to the dealer and check the Camaro out. I cannot understand how they sell those things. Somewhat like getting in and out of the Mustang but no visibility!!
Then I checked out the Challenger. Higher up. Easier to get in and out of, but it is a BIG car. And, poor visibility with those gangster like windows.

The Mustang is easy to get in and out of. I have a sciatica issue and I have driven my Bullitt from Dallas TX to north of Detroit basically non-stop after I bought it. NO SCIATICA issues at all!!! Plus the '18 up has slightly better over the hood visibility. And, excellent driver feeling like you are in command of the road.

Highly recommend!
Sponsored