Selling Mustangs in bulk! šŸ˜³

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
There wasnā€™t enough space in my shopping cart to fit itā€¦ nor would it fit in the trunk of the Mustang I drove there inā€¦ but this gives us a whole new meaning to the phrase, ā€œwent out for some milk, came home with a new Mustang!ā€

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Costco now sells Mustangs and they look as bulky as ever parked inside the store!

IMG_8131.jpeg

IMG_8132.jpeg

IMG_8134.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Are they actually selling the car or is it an ad for their service department?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Back when I was a kid in the early 50s, Sears sold cars, in the store and catalog. They sold the Allstate car, which was a rebadged Henry J. I think they cost about $900.

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Are they actually selling the car or is it an ad for their service department?
Itā€™s for sale. You can get one through the auto program that they partner with dealerships on or customize the car with options you want. From what Iā€™ve heard the program is really good!
Costco doesnā€™t really have a ā€œservice departmentā€ per say, they only have a tire center and fuel station.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Itā€™s for sale. You can get one through the auto program that they partner with dealerships with or customize the car with options you want. From what Iā€™ve heard the program is really good!
Costco doesnā€™t really have a ā€œservice departmentā€ per say, they only have a tire center and fuel station.
Pretty cool!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Back when I was a kid in the early 50s, Sears sold cars, in the store and catalog. They sold the Allstate car, which was a rebadged Henry J. I think they cost about $900.
LOL and now today that $900 almost* gets you some bronze colored rims and badging. šŸ¤£

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Sam Walton did this in the early 1990s at the few locations he tested out, called 'Hyper Marts'.
The H/M in Topeka Kansas was several acres under roof, & had car dealers inside.

Clearly didn't work out, as Walmart didn't build more than 1 or 2 of these mega stores as I recall.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Motorcycles too. I have this one in my collection.

sears2.jpg
sears1.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
From what Iā€™ve heard the program is really good!
not really. X-plan spanks it. With the heavy discounts on lots today it also doesn't make any sense. But if none of the above apply, then sure. Now if it came with free tires for life, or gas card worth 1000 renewable every year, then yeah...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crew4991

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
not really. X-plan spanks it. With the heavy discounts on lots today it also doesn't make any sense. But if none of the above apply, then sure. Now if it came with free tires for life, or gas card worth 1000 renewable every year, then yeah...
What is X plan? Isn't that only for employees?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What is X plan? Isn't that only for employees?
no, you're thinking A/Z, and possibly 'D'. X-plan is often bundled with your employment if your company is savvy. Otherwise a quick $50 to Mustangs of America gets you an 'X' card if you wait a while. Was it 6 weeks or 6 months?

X-plan is also not all that. It's basically a smidge over 'invoice' or 4.5% off MSRP. The other helpful kicker around here (DC metro) is it chops all these multi-hundred dollar 'doc fees' to $99 (or was it 199). Anyway when there are no good deals to be had anywhere, it can save you some scratch.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Motorcycles too. I have this one in my collection.

sears2.jpg
sears1.jpg
I didn't remember that! But, since you mentioned it. I do recall them selling motorized bicycles. I think they were Italian. I'll have to find my old Sears catalog.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I didn't remember that! But, since you mentioned it. I do recall them selling motorized bicycles. I think they were Italian. I'll have to find my old Sears catalog.
The model I have ('66 SR250) was built in Austria by Puch. Some of the other Sears-branded mopeds and such were also Puch products, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were Italian Aermacchi. Earlier on, a lot of these were branded Allstate before they were Sears.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Depends on the manufacturer and model (and dealers willing to participate). Some the manufacturers associated with Costcoā€™s buying program give pricing pretty close to the X plan equivalent, some are just discounted prices on accessories or very minimal vehicle discounts. My sister just used it on a new car, got a pretty good discount considering itā€™s a pretty in-demand make/model at least here locally.

All depends on what youā€™re looking for. I wouldnā€™t think the Mustang discount would be better than X plan, especially since Ford is offering decent incentives now.
Sponsored