Selling Mustangs in bulk! 😳

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The model I have ('66 SR250) was built in Austria by Puch. Some of the other Sears-branded mopeds and such were also Puch products, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were Italian Aermacchi. Earlier on, a lot of these were branded Allstate before they were Sears.
You are a true scholar of all things Sears! I wonder if you recall Sears zero turn riding mower? It was the worst riding mower ever designed and I owned one.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You are a true scholar of all things Sears! I wonder if you recall Sears zero turn riding mower? It was the worst riding mower ever designed and I owned one.
Ha! Not really, the only Sears-marketed things I know anything about are the motorcycles and guns.

I'm not familiar with the zero turn mower, and it sounds like a good thing. I'm surprised I didn't own one myself, since I have one of those lives.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Almost every option ticked. That'll run your bill up.

A loaded GT when I bought my 2020 in 19 was about 52k.

6k increase in 4-5 years + post covid insane pricing on EVERYTHING a doesn't sound too awful for brand new, to me.

I definitely don't feel like Ford is bending me over at that price, considering everything comparable is more money than they charge.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Ha! Not really, the only Sears-marketed things I know anything about are the motorcycles and guns.

I'm not familiar with the zero turn mower, and it sounds like a good thing. I'm surprised I didn't own one myself, since I have one of those lives.
It had a very strange all wheel steering design, not the normal zero turn steering. It had a mechanical linkage that connected the front and back wheels that would break constantly, leaving you with rear wheels that tracked wherever they felt like going. Sears refused to fix it after the 5th try and it was still under warranty.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It had a very strange all wheel steering design, not the normal zero turn steering. It had a mechanical linkage that connected the front and back wheels that would break constantly, leaving you with rear wheels that tracked wherever they felt like going. Sears refused to fix it after the 5th try and it was still under warranty.
Sounds like a nightmare.

I have a Cub Cadet zero turn at home, which has a steering wheel instead of the levers, and I went that route so the wife could run it without issue. Said steering wheel runs a hellish contraption of sector gears and linkage which work in conjunction with the foot pedals, and essentially performs the same function as the levers on a typical unit to run the hydros (one on each rear wheel). Works great as long as clippings don't foul the works (has to be cleaned out a couple of times a year) and nothing gets bent or worn. I can't complain a lot about it since this season will be its 13th, but I had to do a full overhaul last spring of the steering setup due to wear and tear. My engineer brain admires how it works and all, but the next one will have levers. KISS principle, defined.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Sounds like a nightmare.

I have a Cub Cadet zero turn at home, which has a steering wheel instead of the levers, and I went that route so the wife could run it without issue. Said steering wheel runs a hellish contraption of sector gears and linkage which work in conjunction with the foot pedals, and essentially performs the same function as the levers on a typical unit to run the hydros (one on each rear wheel). Works great as long as clippings don't foul the works (has to be cleaned out a couple of times a year) and nothing gets bent or worn. I can't complain a lot about it since this season will be its 13th, but I had to do a full overhaul last spring of the steering setup due to wear and tear. My engineer brain admires how it works and all, but the next one will have levers. KISS principle, defined.
I now have a Snapper commercial zero turn mower. It was a special model designed to fit through a normal lawn gate, so it's only 36" wide. But, no commercial operators wanted it and the garden center that was selling it was going out of business, so I got it for 1/2 price. It's great!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Love the mower talk! I have a Hustler 52 inch zero turn. We have a lot of trees, and it speeds things up a lot.

I definitely don't feel like Ford is bending me over at that price, considering everything comparable is more money than they charge.
That's the important thing is how you feel about the price. When I was buying new I got a base model GT for $32K, but the primo version has a nicer interior for sure. But my GT350 tech pack was $59K MSRP, which seemed too high at the time. Big pricing changes.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Love the mower talk! I have a Hustler 52 inch zero turn. We have a lot of trees, and it speeds things up a lot.
My Cub ZT is a 50", next one will be a tad bigger. There's over a dozen trees in my yard, and it knocked mowing time down by over a half hour versus a regular lawn tractor.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My Cub ZT is a 50", next one will be a tad bigger. There's over a dozen trees in my yard, and it knocked mowing time down by over a half hour versus a regular lawn tractor.
We mow almost 3 1/2 acres of our property, so it can take annoyingly long at times. The saving grace is all the large evergreens. As they grew the mowing got a lot quicker.

Sometimes I break out the Kubota as well, which has a bigger deck. But it's only good for large open areas.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My yard is only 1/2 acre, but it has a lot of decorative obstacles and a few big trees. I don't think I would want to mow 3 1/2 acres. My back would not last.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My yard is only 1/2 acre, but it has a lot of decorative obstacles and a few big trees. I don't think I would want to mow 3 1/2 acres. My back would not last.
The mowable portion of my yard is an acre, and is more than enough for my back. I have woods along one border, and have thought about letting it encroach. As it is though there's so much shade it's hard to keep grass from getting thin or disappearing altogether.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No doubt. I added a suspension unit between the seat and mower of my Hustler. It has about 1.5 inches of travel and you adjust the springs according to your body weight. It makes a big difference. We have some voles down our driveway and it's not smooth at all.

I also came to the realization that if I wait an extra few days between each time mowing it can really add up to a lot of time savings over a year. And I really appreciate it when the wife helps. Only a couple hours to do the whole thing if we both are mowing.

Don't even get me started on the trimming aspect of it. I do enjoy yardwork, but there isn't enough time. Maybe when I retire it will all be well groomed. For now I just settle for good enough.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The mowable portion of my yard is an acre, and is more than enough for my back. I have woods along one border, and have thought about letting it encroach. As it is though there's so much shade it's hard to keep grass from getting thin or disappearing altogether.
I'm constantly beating back the brush and trees from the perimeter of my yard as well.
Sponsored