Sponsored

Selling GT350R for new Porsche 718 Spyder?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
So I’ve just skimmed over this Porsche engine thing.
I can’t imagine taking delivery of a car w/o the original engine...I’d back out and wait for the problem to be rectified. I’ve never wanted a car that bad.
Sponsored

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
So I’ve just skimmed over this Porsche engine thing.
I can’t imagine taking delivery of a car w/o the original engine...I’d back out and wait for the problem to be rectified. I’ve never wanted a car that bad.

Than don’t buy it.. you already own a car with known engine (350) or Transmission issues( (500).

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree with everything you have said. Although the Porsche fit and finish is impeccable, can’t figure out why American car builders can’t match it. From 1st contact with salesman to delivery was 100% better than dealing with Ford Dealership. Car was delivered to dealership in enclosed trailer and than delivered to me on enclosed box. MSRP was only 14k difference.
You can get a lot for 14k. That's a huge difference in price. I own and daily drive a couple year old car that's worth about that. And that would be the no-option 718 versus a GT350R with some options added? Starting MSRP for the two cars looks farther apart to me. Try adding an option or two to the 718 and see what that does to the MSRP comparison.

Any company can do fit and finish. I think you want it for free though. Did the Porsche come with carbon fiber wheels? I know it didn't come with a V8. So I guess it depends on what you want for your money. Do you want performance parts or do you want fit and finish?

When I do a search for a 718 Spyder the term "luxury car" comes up. That term isn't associated with the Mustang.

It depends on what your priorities are. I'd rather spend less money. I don't want a $100k luxury car that doesn't even come with a V8. I can option it down and get it for $60k with a 4 cylinder. Either way, it doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
It's not good for the 718 GT4/Spyder. LOL a stop sale and recall for bad connecting rods. This is an engine replacement recall!

My best friend is having to return THREE cars. One Spyder, a GT4 manual and a GT4 PDK. I was so hoping to autocross the Spyder later in the month.....

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
It's not good for the 718 GT4/Spyder. LOL a stop sale and recall for bad connecting rods. This is an engine replacement recall!

My best friend is having to return THREE cars. One Spyder, a GT4 manual and a GT4 PDK. I was so hoping to autocross the Spyder later in the month.....
I hear ya. I've got two friends with two cars on the same ship, well, sitting in the same port now. GT4 and a Cayman GTS. They are NOT happy! Plus a 3rd who just bought a new GT4 off the showroom floor. He's hoping his car is safe - so far so good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R (Chassis #LR001)
Hello all,

I am considering taking the plunge for the new Porsche 718 Spyder and was hoping someone could talk me out of the purchase. Yes, I realize our cars are mega special and it's comparing an apple to an orange but I've owned a few Porsches in the past and they're very special cars as well.

To be honest, I just don't have a lot of faith in the motor running/ performing well past the 30,000 mile mark. It's such a special engine and to that point, race engines require a lot of TLC along the way. With that said, I have never tracked her (just 1600 miles) nor will I ever track her but I can never truly enjoy driving her on the street due to the carbon fiber wheels getting damaged etc.

I also have chassis #LR001 which is a great blessing but also a curse since I refuse to put many miles on her. So I have a fantastic vehicle sitting in my garage not truly being driven or appreciated the way she should be.

I thought about just purchasing an extended powertrain warranty for 8/125k and driving the piss out of her but then figured in 7 or 8 eight years, their probably won't be any more new Vodoo engines available to swap out.

Please refrain from peppering me. This is such a hard decision folks. She is the best car I've ever owned...
UPDATE..... TO ALL OF THE "KNOW NOTHINGS" AND HATERS WHO WERE ADAMANT THAT MY CAR WASN'T "THAT" SPECIAL, CHECK THIS LINK OUT. THE CAR SOLD FOR $143,000 AT BARRETT JACKSON AUCTION RECENTLY. I DO HAVE AN ULTRA RARE PORSCHE SPYDER IN MY GARAGE BUT THIS GOES TO SHOW WHAT NONSENSE IS SPOKEN OF IN FORUMS.... LOL. PEACE OUT GUYS.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2020-FORD-SHELBY-GT350R---CHASSIS-LR001-245401

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Umm, congrats? Seller was pitching it at 250-300, sooo...

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I own at GT350 & a 718... if you do it, you REALLY need to get the manual in the Porsche...!!!
The Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) is glorious, but it gets boring not rowing gears.
I bought the 718 before I bought the Shelby... I was never bored with the 718 until I purchased the Shelby. I am looking at getting a GTS or GT4 in manual in the future, but I will NOT get rid of the GT350.
I will never get rid of the Shelby due to the exhaust note.
Handling in the 718 is a whole different experience. The GT350 handles great, but the 718 steps it up a notch on the "seat-o-the-pants meter!
Good luck on your quandary my friend.
Hey @MikeMM , have you seen this about the PDK?

Back to original programming..

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
First time I've seen someone brag about someone else making 2x more on something than they did.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
First time I've seen someone brag about someone else making 2x more on something than they did.
we were ALL thinkin it...but YOU said it :cwl:

Stevbas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT 350.
Hey @MikeMM , have you seen this about the PDK?

Back to original programmingp..
we were ALL thinkin it...but YOU said it :cwl:
Hey Honey Badger ,
I think what he was trying to say in a politically correct way that there were many intelligent posts on this thread with regards to his 2020 R. There were also plenty of Shelby enthusiasts who said that his 2020 GT350 R , with a production number of 001 had no apparent value and there was nothing super special about it !!! Much to his surprise did he find that his car sold for over double the purchase price that he paid for it as one of the most prestigious auctions in the country! At the end of the day , we are responsible for our own decisions but a little disappointing from the Shelby forum that many thought that his car had no real value and just being a regular 2020 R. Peace out ! It was the first car made of the last production year.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey Honey Badger ,
I think what he was trying to say in a politically correct way that there were many intelligent posts on this thread with regards to his 2020 R. There were also plenty of Shelby enthusiasts who said that his 2020 GT350 R , with a production number of 001 had no apparent value and there was nothing super special about it !!! Much to his surprise did he find that his car sold for over double the purchase price that he paid for it as one of the most prestigious auctions in the country! At the end of the day , we are responsible for our own decisions but a little disappointing from the Shelby forum that many thought that his car had no real value and just being a regular 2020 R. Peace out ! It was the first car made of the last production year.
ahhhhh, no.
Sponsored