SCT Programmer Edelbrock SuperCharger

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
The Saga continues. Has anyone here had any success when the programmer refuses to install a custom tune. I worked with SCT for a total of 6hrs trying to get a tune on my car. The tech informed me that the programmer was a 2018 model yet i bought the kit in october 2019,not sure of the relevance but he seemed surprised at its age. The tune always fails right at the end with a Error # 110D8 which seems to be a really common problem and i tried every suggestion that has been made . The tech logged in with teamviewer and did a full format and reload of the device and now it wont even read the vehicle data like battery voltage and temperature . Originally it read 1839 degrees for temp then another time it read exactly what it should now nothing. I am beyond frustrated at this point and going with an nguage and remote tune is another 1400 canadian so i would like to get this to put a simple tune on,not going to be messing with it once its on.

I am open to all and any suggestions.
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Have you updated the SCT? Connected it to WiFi and let it update itself.

mine worked fine for tune uploads but I had to update it to get it to data log.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Have you updated the SCT? Connected it to WiFi and let it update itself.

mine worked fine for tune uploads but I had to update it to get it to data log.

Yeah believe me when i say this thing has been updated to death. When i first got it i connected to the updater then afterwards i connected to my wifi and it updated again this went around about 3 times. Since then its been formatted, fw update, software update the tech even messed with the stock tune to see if it would load back on.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
The Saga continues. Has anyone here had any success when the programmer refuses to install a custom tune. I worked with SCT for a total of 6hrs trying to get a tune on my car. The tech informed me that the programmer was a 2018 model yet i bought the kit in october 2019,not sure of the relevance but he seemed surprised at its age. The tune always fails right at the end with a Error # 110D8 which seems to be a really common problem and i tried every suggestion that has been made . The tech logged in with teamviewer and did a full format and reload of the device and now it wont even read the vehicle data like battery voltage and temperature . Originally it read 1839 degrees for temp then another time it read exactly what it should now nothing. I am beyond frustrated at this point and going with an nguage and remote tune is another 1400 canadian so i would like to get this to put a simple tune on,not going to be messing with it once its on.

I am open to all and any suggestions.
I can hook you up with an Ngauge here at @LethalPerformance. I guarantee you will not have any issues with one. Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order! https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...ford-mustang-gt/computer-1/ngauge-lund-racing

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
This is why I dumped SCT and went with the gauge after fighting with SCT downloads for hours on my 17GT. SCT had never failed me prior to the S550 platform. Always worked very well clear back to my 2003 Ford Ranger I played with. That was when SCT flashers only had LED's on the faceplate and not the fancy LCD displays like today.

The Ngauge flashes faster, datalogs much easier, and seldom if ever requires an update to load a revised tune unlike the SCT X4 device has done me on the 17GT FI setup. The only advantage SCT has at this point IMHO is their flexibility in datalogging. Can't beat it. However it is cumbersome if you are trying to create configs to save into the SCT device itself. I always datalogged via the laptop. The Ngauge has this ability but at na additional cost as I understand it. Otherwise you are datalogging only the points your tuner wishes to see. This is usually more than enough, but there have been times when the SCT setup would allow a person to datalog for troubleshooting purposes that the Ngauge sold standard may limit you from doing.

At one point with a previous tuner (who I will not mention), I was forced to flash the car back to the original tune, update firmware and software to the SCT X4, then load the custom file again and then start the ECU flash process. I had to hook a charger up to the car because the voltage was dropping and causing issues. The tune finally loaded, adn of course wouldn't you know the tune revision was worse than the previous tune from the tuner, so I had to flash back again. That was when I was convinced to go with Lund. I have never looked back since. The ngauge is so easy to datalog and collect the logs from. ITs as simple as putting the device in datalog and tapping the face at the point you want the datalog to begin and then tapping it a second time to stop and save. Its that simple.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
With you being in Canada I'm guessing the SCT or the tune are not compatable with that car. As you know several things on U.S. and Canadian cars are different. I was looking at buying a Canadian Bullitt and found out that even though you can go into the options to change from KPH to MPH, the main digital readout still reads different than a U.S. vehicle. Canadian cars also have DRL, which the U.S. does not. That info is in the CPU.
Just a thought. Hope you get it worked out. I've had issues with the many SCT programmers I've had over the years, but always got things working and SCT has overall good customer service. Not many companies would spend 6 hours on the phone with you.
Again, see if there are differences in the CPU that might be causing issues.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
This is why I dumped SCT and went with the gauge after fighting with SCT downloads for hours on my 17GT. SCT had never failed me prior to the S550 platform. Always worked very well clear back to my 2003 Ford Ranger I played with. That was when SCT flashers only had LED's on the faceplate and not the fancy LCD displays like today.

The Ngauge flashes faster, datalogs much easier, and seldom if ever requires an update to load a revised tune unlike the SCT X4 device has done me on the 17GT FI setup. The only advantage SCT has at this point IMHO is their flexibility in datalogging. Can't beat it. However it is cumbersome if you are trying to create configs to save into the SCT device itself. I always datalogged via the laptop. The Ngauge has this ability but at na additional cost as I understand it. Otherwise you are datalogging only the points your tuner wishes to see. This is usually more than enough, but there have been times when the SCT setup would allow a person to datalog for troubleshooting purposes that the Ngauge sold standard may limit you from doing.

At one point with a previous tuner (who I will not mention), I was forced to flash the car back to the original tune, update firmware and software to the SCT X4, then load the custom file again and then start the ECU flash process. I had to hook a charger up to the car because the voltage was dropping and causing issues. The tune finally loaded, adn of course wouldn't you know the tune revision was worse than the previous tune from the tuner, so I had to flash back again. That was when I was convinced to go with Lund. I have never looked back since. The ngauge is so easy to datalog and collect the logs from. ITs as simple as putting the device in datalog and tapping the face at the point you want the datalog to begin and then tapping it a second time to stop and save. Its that simple.
Another good point is the voltage. Op, make sure the cars battery is FULLY charged. Voltage discrepancies can cause issues as well.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Andrew thank s for the offer , i may well go that route but its expensive and i already dropped 11k canadian. I have gone through this twice now with SCT and they have been great and are sending me a new programmer and should be here any day now. We went through this 6 ways to sunday and it always fails unlocking the computer. According to sct the computer gets an 18v shot when unlocking and thats right when it fails. I hope the new programmer works, if not its HP tuners ftw. I have an mpvi2 but i found that tuners dont want us seeing their tune and i dont have enough of a handle on tuning atm to do it myself. But a blower tune and an ngauge is 1400 canadian, prettyhard to swallow. Will update soon either way and thanks to everyone who has chimed in.

Also to this day Edelbrock has not made any attempt to contact me back after all my calls ,not even the tech department manager Dave Stinson or Tony Avina . Guess its just sorry bout my luck we got your money NEXT

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP

With the ngauge , if you go with lund he preprograms the pids he wants to see. If you get a universal one you can set up all the pids you could ever want to view. I started out trying to learn Hp tuners but this kit happened to have sct. I have a better understanding of hptuners. Jon Lund likes to have certain PIDS for his process and its easirer to have them preloaded than try and explain to non techy people which pids and how to set them up.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
This is the third thread with issues with Edelbrock. I was all set to do their SC but will go with the Whipple for my '18. Just not worth the risk. Whipple got back with me and helped me through some areas. Perfect tune on their Tomahawk tuner.

I am sorry for your problems. I think your new SCT will fix it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Hey G thanks for the encouraging words. i am not exactly a glass half full guy lol. I harbor some reservation that masks the little bit of hope i like to hang on to. One step at a time, its -30 here today , good boost weather but traction not so much.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Did you try loading tune while having a battery charger/tender hooked to battery? Is your battery good? -30 temps will wreak havoc on batteries.

OP
OP

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
Did you try loading tune while having a battery charger/tender hooked to battery? Is your battery good? -30 temps will wreak havoc on batteries.
heated shop ,always on a tender, also have fullsize shop charger.

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I agree the N Gauge is a better device, ditching the SCT is definitely a must.