Sponsored

Edelbrock Eforce Supercharger

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Heard yall will have a 2018 setup available. Can I order your 2018 setup to have it delivered in mid October?
We will be working on a 2018 Mustang Supercharger, but a mid October time frame for availability is unlikely. Too soon to tell though.

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
just saw this posted, not sure if there were any dynos of their kit

Really like the fit and finish of this kit. I'm researching and getting smarter on FI. I like factory look. I also have an eye pointed at reliability so huge numbers are not my goal.

Question, the second pull after a new calibration netted another 70hp. What kind of electron trickery (calibration changes) likely gave that kind of increase? The thing still has a stock air box for goodness sakes.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So I was looking into this kit especially for the warranty until I see Ameirican Muscle list it for manual only ? No love for the autos? Say it aient so...

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really like the fit and finish of this kit. I'm researching and getting smarter on FI. I like factory look. I also have an eye pointed at reliability so huge numbers are not my goal.

Question, the second pull after a new calibration netted another 70hp. What kind of electron trickery (calibration changes) likely gave that kind of increase? The thing still has a stock air box for goodness sakes.
I wouldn't say it is any sort of trickery. Brent likely added some ignition timing.

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was looking into this kit especially for the warranty until I see Ameirican Muscle list it for manual only ? No love for the autos? Say it aient so...
This is not true. Our kits fit both manual and automatic transmission vehicle and we provide calibrations for both as well.

I see AM has the complete kit with tune listed correctly, but for some reason they have the no tuner kit listed as manual only...They are also missing all of our new kit including the 2650 TVS versions!

I will reach out to them and get this corrected.

Thank you!

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
I wouldn't say it is any sort of trickery. Brent likely added some ignition timing.
Haha Thanks. Ive read thru the installation manual and a couple things came up. #1. Other FI systems seem to have significantly more cooling fluid capacity. Can you speak any to the differences? #2. I think its awesome that this system retains the entire K brace as I participate in autocross. However, the trimming of the passenger side cover seems like it may not be enough to clear the brace as time passes and motor mounts become less stiff. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha Thanks. Ive read thru the installation manual and a couple things came up. #1. Other FI systems seem to have significantly more cooling fluid capacity. Can you speak any to the differences? #2. I think its awesome that this system retains the entire K brace as I participate in autocross. However, the trimming of the passenger side cover seems like it may not be enough to clear the brace as time passes and motor mounts become less stiff. Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Most of our system's cooling capacity is made up in the large DP-3C intercooler and the front mount heat exchanger. A larger reservoir is nice to have when at the drag strip or for other short term performance use. The large reservoir with more fluid will take longer to reach thermal equilibrium, but in daily driving or road course situations the advantage is short lived.

We did focus on keeping IATs to a minimum on this new supercharger. One example is A2 Speed making 770whp / 810wtq and IAT's were only 26° above ambient at the top of the run.

In regard to the side cover clearance to the k-brace, contact may be possible during severe wheel hop situations. Most know that when wheel hop occurs you should get out of the throttle anyway. So far no issues with kits out in the field.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
This is not true. Our kits fit both manual and automatic transmission vehicle and we provide calibrations for both as well.

I see AM has the complete kit with tune listed correctly, but for some reason they have the no tuner kit listed as manual only...They are also missing all of our new kit including the 2650 TVS versions!

I will reach out to them and get this corrected.

Thank you!
Thanks for the clarification! If it wasn't already planned have them also look at the Q & A section as there are 5 questions between the two kits referencing does it fit auto and each reply is manual only (some replies from AM Staff).

Anyways looking forward to hearing more about these kits.:)

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=30288]Edelbrock Tech[/MENTION]

Does this kit keep the factory K brace?

Also can you outline the difference between the Stage1 and 2?

Sponsored

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30288]Edelbrock Tech[/MENTION]

Does this kit keep the factory K brace?

Also can you outline the difference between the Stage1 and 2?
All of our kits retain the factory K-Brace. :thumbsup:

Stage 2 kits are equipped with the following upgrades:
  • Drop-in fuel pump module featuring a 400 LPH fuel pump
  • Upgraded air intake system with 95mm MAF housing and closed air box
  • Ford Racing 90mm throttle body with adapter

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
All of our kits retain the factory K-Brace. :thumbsup:

Stage 2 kits are equipped with the following upgrades:
  • Drop-in fuel pump module featuring a 400 LPH fuel pump
  • Upgraded air intake system with 95mm MAF housing and closed air box
  • Ford Racing 90mm throttle body with adapter

Great, thanks. Always been interested in this style blower but losing the K brace and modding the block were deal breakers for me. Drilling and tapping a couple holes I can handle!

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Most of our system's cooling capacity is made up in the large DP-3C intercooler and the front mount heat exchanger. A larger reservoir is nice to have when at the drag strip or for other short term performance use. The large reservoir with more fluid will take longer to reach thermal equilibrium, but in daily driving or road course situations the advantage is short lived.

We did focus on keeping IATs to a minimum on this new supercharger. One example is A2 Speed making 770whp / 810wtq and IAT's were only 26° above ambient at the top of the run.

In regard to the side cover clearance to the k-brace, contact may be possible during severe wheel hop situations. Most know that when wheel hop occurs you should get out of the throttle anyway. So far no issues with kits out in the field.
Ive never heard of a dyno showing more tq than hp on a coyote got a sheet on that i bet its a riot!!

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive never heard of a dyno showing more tq than hp on a coyote got a sheet on that i bet its a riot!!
That's because those power numbers were on a Gen III Hemi engine! Those guys are still stuck in the 2-Valve era...for now.
Sponsored