SCT peepee slapped by EPA

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Few engine modifications are legal in CA. Even normal repairs can be difficult. I routinely have trouble ordering parts off the internet where Amazon or some other retailer will not ship the parts to CA. Not performance parts, normal parts. Sometimes even OEM parts. Very annoying.
California has such stupid restrictions on everything that I stopped selling products to Cali from my website. Easier to write off Cali, then redo every listing to include whether or not they meet California standards.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Stuff like that is already in place. Whenever you flash a tune you have to acknowledge that the devise is not intended for use in CA and is for off road use only.
Yet Roush superchargers (and others) are 50 state legal.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
this could mean the beginning of the end end of non factory part hot rodding on modern cars
This has happened for years. SCT has already made changes and is issuing training updates based on some social media posts I have seen from them. Plus you can't stop the devices that are already out there or the quickly up and coming open source tuning market. Just another example of overbearing government stepping out of line and diesel guys pushing their buttons.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Hardware vs software.. apples to oranges and not relevant.
Since they require a tune to work, I'd say it is relevant. No tune/no supercharger.

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Since they require a tune to work, I'd say it is relevant. No tune/no supercharger.
The hardware is CARB certified, however if you use a SCT devise to flash your car you MUST acknowledge and accept their Ts and Cs which state it is intended for vehicles outside of CA, and for off road use only.

All I am saying is that it doesnt matter which tune you run, its baked into the SCT device (and has been for years), so there shouldnt be such an "OMG the sky is falling" reaction to the latest EPA crackdown.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So Government and EPA officials said just before they drove off in there 15mpg surburbans with VW emissions tune :giggle:
15-mpg in a Suburban? That's really high!