Fight the EPA - Please Help

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I don't really see the fuss if I'm honest.

It's an unpopular opinion, but honestly, if you're going to convert your road car into a race car, yes, it should still meet emissions regulations. It's still polluting the atmosphere. Whether you drive it on or off road isn't something the engine cares about.

It's not like the EPA is saying you're not allowed to convert your car into a race car. It's only the emissions regulations you're not allowed to circumvent. Which means you can now go racing as much as you like, as long as your race car emits air that's as clean as on a street car. How can this be bad news?

Race your car the way it came from the factory. You can still race it, fit springs, wheels, tyres and all sorts of mods to it.

This sounds like great news, and progress, to me.
This is more than what is on the surface though. Today they say race car and tomorrow they say street car. Then you have a Federal inspection station where the only mod allowed is floor mats.

This crap is happening here in Hawaii as we have "safety" inspections but they want to creep it into modification stations.

The government needs to get out of regulating hobbies to include guns, drones, or cars. This is total control and over reach from the federal governments intended purpose by people who only want to regulate you.
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't really see the fuss if I'm honest.

It's an unpopular opinion, but honestly, if you're going to convert your road car into a race car, yes, it should still meet emissions regulations. It's still polluting the atmosphere. Whether you drive it on or off road isn't something the engine cares about.

It's not like the EPA is saying you're not allowed to convert your car into a race car. It's only the emissions regulations you're not allowed to circumvent. Which means you can now go racing as much as you like, as long as your race car emits air that's as clean as on a street car. How can this be bad news?

Race your car the way it came from the factory. You can still race it, fit springs, wheels, tyres and all sorts of mods to it.

This sounds like great news, and progress, to me.

I think the EPA should determine that modified engines are a major source of pollution before it decides to implement something like this.

I'd be surprised to learn that a few people running around without CATs are a major source of air pollution.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I think the EPA should determine that modified engines are a major source of pollution before it decides to implement something like this.

I'd be surprised to learn that a few people running around without CATs are a major source of air pollution.
Its not. Agriculture farm life is. Ive posted about this before. Ill find my post and quote it here.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Even without fossil fuels, we will exceed our 565 gigatonnes CO2e limit by 2030, all from raising animals. Zayne did you know that cows produce between 250 and 500 liters of methane every day? Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame. But the epa has more interest in automobiles then dealing with where their money is made. I dont think we should have no standards. But these ridiculous standards dont need to be in the automotive world. The ridiculous consumption of meat and dairy going up every year is the smoking gun.

Heres a nice link for you.
http://www.worldwatch.org/node/6294
"A widely cited 2006 report by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, Livestock's Long Shadow, estimates that 18 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions are attributable to cattle, buffalo, sheep, goats, camels, pigs, and poultry. But recent analysis by Goodland and Anhang finds that livestock and their byproducts actually account for at least 32.6 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year, or 51 percent of annual worldwide GHG emissions."

Thats just from 2011 findings. No im not vegan or vegetarian
Here it is.

Sponsored

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
But how many here really do have race cars ? Five ? I am all for banning cat deletes and moronic mods like this so somebody has bragging rights for 10 more horsepower.
While I personally believe people should keep there car emissions compliment for the state they live in while operating on the street. There are already laws covering this. I also firmly believe that the government has no right to tell you what you can do with your property. Whats next?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Signed both. You ain't taking our race cars!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Signed.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Gotta keep signing it. We have 29 days left to get as many as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
It's a step in the right direction. No thanks.

If you have ever been to Shanghai you would understand why.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
It's a step in the right direction. No thanks.

If you have ever been to Shanghai you would understand why.
"Certified motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines and their emission control devices must remain in their certified configuration even if they are used solely for competition or if they become non-road vehicles or engines."

At minimum it would ban car enthusiasts from purchasing and installing high flow cats on their vehicles even if those cats meet your state's minimum emission standards. I haven't read the actual proposal but it very well could reach farther than that. "Certified motor vehicle engines ... must remain in their certified configuration...". What does that include? Cams? Manifolds? Intakes?

I also don't think vehicles used solely for racing competitions have much of a hand in the air quality issues that Shanghai faces and I'd be very skeptical of such claims even though I've never been there. How many race tracks are there in Shanghai? I agree with most of the other posters here. There are already laws in place to prevent this very thing. Strict laws that are unforgiving and that likely will punish more people than it "catches" isn't the right approach.

No thanks, the government already over reached in so many other areas. Primatene Mist was an over the counter asthma inhaler that the EPA got pulled off the shelves because it contained aerosol and that's bad for the environment. Now I have to go see a doctor if I want to get it (or any other) and pay office fees. It's bullshit. How much harm could a puff from an inhaler from inside your own house possibly do to the environment? And they didn't ban it outright, just made you go through a doctor to get it. So the harm is still there. The EPA can go f themselves for all I care. I hope they get sue'd into the ground for overlooking the lead water issue in Flint.

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Death to the aftermarket community of a thousand cuts.

I am a gun guy also and this crap/control starts just like this.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Signed and shared on FB. Screw the EPA.
Sponsored