Sponsored

SCT BDX , QUICK QUESTION..

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
I just ordered and tuned my 18 GT with SCT's BDX canned tune. Overall, very happy with the performance. The only thing that was kind of a pain was updating the tune via WiFi due to a slow connection.

I want to order a CAI to go with my SCT tune (thinking about Steeda or Roush.) My question...The BDX will allow me to program the specific CAI correct?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Did you select an actual tuner to make you a tune? Some CAI’s require custom tuning. Lol.

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Did you select an actual tuner to make you a tune? Some CAI’s require custom tuning. Lol.
No, just the canned SCT tune....

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We could def set you up with a great lund custom tune. Best tunes in the business and would do wonders for your car. Pmas, JLT, and Roush are all great options on the CAI's. Steeda should be releasing theirs soon.

Feel free to give me a ring and I can help answer any questions you have. Were Lund's largest dealer and can def dial you in!

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
The BDX will be limited to what Intakes they provide tunes for. If you are happy with your current file, I would just check with them to see what they cover before ordering anything.

If you are open to the idea of a custom tune to go along with the Intake, give us a call. We'd be glad to go over your options on both Tuners and Intakes and let you know what will work best for the BDX. If you are happy with that canned file, you'll love an aftermarket tune. Built specifically around your vehicle, and goes a little more in depth than what that canned file provides. We have a ton of great options here at Lethal, and we'd love to help out.

Feel free to shoot me a Message or give us a call.

Matt

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
SCT offers canned tune for at least 12-15 intakes. Scroll through the tune options on your devise and if SCT has a file feel free to run it.

There is a thread floating around where a protune only made 5hp more than a canned tune.. I will be doing my own logging and comparisons of a canned SCT vs stock vs PBD tunes soon.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
You will get some knock on the sct canned tune, throw some 100 octane in the tank on top of 93

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Will the recent EPA settlement with SCT's parent company negatively affect any of this? They settled this week with the EPA for $300K and having to fix their programmers so as not to circumvent emissions controls (such as disabling rear O2 sensors, etc.).

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Will the recent EPA settlement with SCT's parent company negatively affect any of this? They settled this week with the EPA for $300K and having to fix their programmers so as not to circumvent emissions controls (such as disabling rear O2 sensors, etc.).
I saw something about that in another thread and cannot find it again. Curious what the implications are if someone is going through the tuning process with an SCT X4. At one point (wonder when this will occur) I would think any update to the device would cease to allow a tuner to disable the stuff they used to be able to do. Wonder if it would be as simple as not updating the device? Or are they going to take the ability away from the tuner in the software they use to write the calibration? I’m curious if anyone knows details about this.