Sponsored

SC for Daily Driven '19 A10: Whipple or Vortech ?

TheOpenRoad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'19 Summit White PP1 GT
Hi there all!

I've been debating grabbing a SC for my '19 GT A10 for a while now, and have narrowed it down to either a Whipple Stage 1 or a basic Vortech V-3 kit. And as a side note, I'd be sticking with the canned tunes for a year or two, so custom tuning is off the table for now.

I like the daily driver potential/controllable nature of a centri; and I tend to drive pretty conservatively most of the time anyhow, so it seems like the perfect fit. But, something about the Whipple just calls to me haha.

BUT, I have read several articles here on the site referencing problems with Whipple's tunes, seemingly limited to MY 19's for whatever reason (Improper fueling, blown piston rings, etc where the 18's seem fine)

I wanted to stick with Whipple's tune if that was the SC I chose, simply for the driveability and Flight Controls. I just don't want to worry about burning a piston or blowing a ring on a hard pull : /

By comparison, I haven't found much on Vortech's canned tunes, so that could be good or bad I suppose. But I know that I wouldn't get nearly as good of driveability as the Whipple and all it's fancy features.

Anyone have any experience or input? Maybe there has been an update recently that improved matters, or maybe I should just go with the Vortech? Opinions please!
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Why is custom tuning off the table. It is the best way to get optimum drivability, Engine life and performance. Blows any canned tune out of the water.
If you drive conservative then you will never use the vortech. It won’t even make any boost unless you are heavy into the throttle and rpm’s so I would say Whipple because you can put it to use at low rpms where you probably drive most of the time. With a little throttle you can feel the Extra torque pulling. A standard vortech will not start to wake up until 3500-4000rpm and only it you are on the throttle heavy otherwise the bypass is open and you’re not even using the boost you are making. But if you put it to the wood, when the vortech starts pulling it will not stop. The faster you go the harder it pulls. You will let off or the engine will blow before the vortech stops pulling.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I originally wanted a whipple but got a deal on a procharger i couldn't turn down. Im glad i did go this route. With the centri the cars drives stock under normal driving. Soon as you want power car changes over nicely. No extra heat like a pd either.

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’m in the same boat. Might go centri since I have 3.55’s and won’t drag race every weekend.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I’m in the same boat. Might go centri since I have 3.55’s and won’t drag race every weekend.
3.55’s and a centrifugal go good together. You get off the line easier without boost but the engine rev’s up fast so boost comes on strong and with a coyote you can rev it high and really take advantage of the centrifugal

Sponsored

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
I have a VMP Odin, A10. Car drives like stock until u go beyond 20% pedal then it wakes the dead up. Honestly if u like spirited driving, PD blowers are handfull id go with Centri. But i like to fight with the car and hold on for your life, then PD Blower

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Couldn’t be happier with my stage 2 3.0 whipple. It’s amazing and install was a breeze

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Couldn’t be happier with my stage 2 3.0 whipple. It’s amazing and install was a breeze
i agree Whipple was my number 1 choice, just got a better price for Odin :) also this install was easy according to my mechanic. I honestly think Whipple will shine after 1100 WHP. just because its more displacement. But thats my opinion

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I daily drive my car as well. I am also considering going FI. Currently I'm deciding between a Procharger and the Edelbrock kit.

Sponsored

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
I daily drive my car as well. I am also considering going FI. Currently I'm deciding between a Procharger and the Edelbrock kit.
In ur Case id go with Procharger since u got the manifold already. U will benefit more.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
In ur Case id go with Procharger since u got the manifold already. U will benefit more.

I am leaning towards the Procharger anyway. I am not looking to push any crazy power numbers either. I would be happy with 550 - 600whp. My car has 77k miles on it already.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've been debating grabbing a SC for my '19 GT A10 for a while now, and have narrowed it down to either a Whipple Stage 1 or a basic Vortech V-3 kit
What made you rule out Paxton vs. the Vortech?

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
3.55’s and a centrifugal go good together. You get off the line easier without boost but the engine rev’s up fast so boost comes on strong and with a coyote you can rev it high and really take advantage of the centrifugal
I concur with this. I have an Edelbrock Stage 2 (Lund tuned) with the A10 and 3.55s and it's a handful in the lower gears. It's a blast from a roll, but difficult to launch.
Sponsored