Sponsored

Best DS for whipple A10 car

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
19 pp1 A10 whipple car. Looking for the best meaning no vibration. Mostly street car with some fun at the track. Dont want to ruin the ride/car. Want to be able to lunch with a trans brake at some point.

Thanks
Joe
Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I’ve got the GForce unit and it works great. No vibrations, but I did run into some on initial installation. Make sure you mark the front and rear stock shaft locations before installing. All is well after realigning and clocking the shaft.

Prepare to hear some rear gear steady hum at crusing speed, but that’s normal. GForce customer service is absolutely impressive. I’ve got their Renegade axles too.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice that's what I like to hear. Is clocking it a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
19 pp1 A10 whipple car. Looking for the best meaning no vibration. Mostly street car with some fun at the track. Dont want to ruin the ride/car. Want to be able to lunch with a trans brake at some point.

Thanks
Joe
QA1 carbon fiber shaft. No vibration
871/720 problem free so far

Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Nice that's what I like to hear. Is cloaking it a pain in the ass.
Not at all, and honestly much of my pain can be avoided with some lessons learned from previous installs. If you get it post up and I’ll upload my pictures and descriptions on what to avoid. It’s a solid piece.

I called every DS manufacturer and inquired about driveline noise and vibration. No one maker can say there’s is 100% silent after install. Again, the hum from the gear is all you’ll hear, if you even hear that.

I’m not a fan of carbon shafts, especially if you occasionally drive it on the street.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Not at all, and honestly much of my pain can be avoided with some lessons learned from previous installs. If you get it post up and I’ll upload my pictures and descriptions on what to avoid. It’s a solid piece.

I called every DS manufacturer and inquired about driveline noise and vibration. No one maker can say there’s is 100% silent after install. Again, the hum from the gear is all you’ll hear, if you even hear that.

I’m not a fan of carbon shafts, especially if you occasionally drive it on the street.
What’s the problem with driving a c/f shaft on the street? I drive the shit out of mine with MT Rs. Nearly every True Street car and pretty much every “Super car” run CF

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
What’s the problem with driving a c/f shaft on the street? I drive the shit out of mine with MT Rs. Nearly every True Street car and pretty much every “Super car” run CF
I don’t like the idea of having something small potentially damaging it from the road.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I don’t like the idea of having something small potentially damaging it from the road.
I guess whatever works, but it’s stronger than steel or aluminum. I think... lol

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ok cool, I'm ordering it tomorrow. but it may take a couple of weeks to get as it has to be built. I'll post pic as soon as I get it.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We're running the DSS carbon fiber driveshaft on project Goldmember and it's been working really well for us. We've been 9.30's with it and no issues. It drives great on the street and is a super nice product. We sell a ton of their chromoly driveshafts as well as the Gforce offerings.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Mustang Mods

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mustangmodsstore.com
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Thanks
Joe
Two things. Gforce no question. Been down this road over and over. They have a better balanced shaft that is awesome.
A10 and a Whipple are not a fit for a trans brake. Foot brake to 1700 and zombie stomp it. Mid 1.4 with suspension easy.

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Two things. Gforce no question. Been down this road over and over. They have a better balanced shaft that is awesome.
A10 and a Whipple are not a fit for a trans brake. Foot brake to 1700 and zombie stomp it. Mid 1.4 with suspension easy.
Curtis helped me with my suspension and 60'. With the chromoly driveshaft and this setup I have no vibration and go 1.47's on MT Street SS radials.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info much appreciated.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Stock driveshaft here pulling 1.3x's everytime.
You'll break a halfshaft way before you break a driveshaft.
Unless you're using transbrake I wouldn't worry about it. But like previously said with a whipple thats a lot to play with lol
Sponsored