OP

Getshwifty550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium pack
Might as well get a Calimer stage2 rebuild while you're in there. :)
Yeah, I was pretty pissed about it. But at this point it's paid for and I just want my car back haha nobody had the clutch in town, so I had to order it and it's on its way. Hopefully before Christmas, I miss driving her
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Clutches - you can keep em. Had my fill with the last Terminator.

Raebanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So to update, it wasn't the slave or anything like that. I guess the previous owner, beat this thing to absolute sheeeit. The clutch just exploded and is not covered under warranty 😭. So I had to fork out $1700 for a new clutch and install, I am throwing a Exedy stage 2 twin into it, since I was planning on doing that anyways once I started to do some power upgrades. Sports car ownership amirite?
IMG_20201110_091850_01.jpg
A little off topic, but what’s with all the swirl marks on the paint?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
So to update, it wasn't the slave or anything like that. I guess the previous owner, beat this thing to absolute sheeeit. The clutch just exploded and is not covered under warranty 😭. So I had to fork out $1700 for a new clutch and install, I am throwing a Exedy stage 2 twin into it, since I was planning on doing that anyways once I started to do some power upgrades. Sports car ownership amirite?
IMG_20201110_091850_01.jpg

Yes excellent call. The stock clutch in our 16s are made in Turkey and complete garbage. Any upgrade is better. I would replace the TOB and pilot bearing while you are in there. $130 and $13. Peace of mind.
Sponsored