Sponsored

Moving Seat Ahead for Back Seat Access

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I was watching a 2018 GT Premium review the other day, and the reviewer made the point that with the powered seats, you have to use the powered mechanism to slowly move the seat forward each time you want to let a passenger out back.

Is this really the only method of moving that seat ahead? I guess was was hoping for some quick release latch that would allow the seat to at least fold forward.

Looking ahead, I'll likely purchase a Mustang around the time my daughter turns 8. She'll be more than capable of climbing out back and buckling herself up, but slowly moving the seat forward each time will get old...
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Yup

You should buy a Honda. I can tell this ain't gonna work out for you. I'm Psychic :rockon:

Stanglife0419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was watching a 2018 GT Premium review the other day, and the reviewer made the point that with the powered seats, you have to use the powered mechanism to slowly move the seat forward each time you want to let a passenger out back.

Is this really the only method of moving that seat ahead? I guess was was hoping for some quick release latch that would allow the seat to at least fold forward.

Looking ahead, I'll likely purchase a Mustang around the time my daughter turns 8. She'll be more than capable of climbing out back and buckling herself up, but slowly moving the seat forward each time will get old...
I had power seats in my 15 GT Premium, there should be a latch on the back of the front seats that fold and slide them forward to allow access.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I had power seats in my 15 GT Premium, there should be a latch on the back of the front seats that fold and slide them forward to allow access.

True but the seat won't move forward with out using that button so ..... if the seat is all the way back like my car is all the time, you'll have to use that button or there will be NO Leg room.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
There is a quick latch to fold the seat back forward and return it to the set position on the back of the seat below the headrest, as long as your seat isn’t all the way back it works okay for my 14 yr old son. If your front passenger rides with the seat all the way back and you need to move it forward all the time......bud it’s like watching paint dry waiting for it to go forward

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is a quick latch to fold the seat back forward and return it to the set position on the back of the seat below the headrest, as long as your seat isn’t all the way back it works okay for my 14 yr old son. If your front passenger rides with the seat all the way back and you need to move it forward all the time......bud it’s like watching paint dry waiting for it to go forward
Can 2nd this. Currently not an issue in Scotland when dropping the kids off at nursery in the morning but will suck come wintet time and im watching that seat slowly move forward in the pouring rain.

OP
OP

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
That will work! My daughter would be climbing in on the passenger side (my wife is on the short side, and I usually and up having the seat almost all the way back). As long as I can move the back portion of the seat ahead, I should be in good shape.

Gamer1886

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium w/pp
I've got a 16 GT premium. I'm short and have my seat pretty far forward, but I use the easy in/out feature that auto moves the seat back when you shut the car off and forward when you turn it on. My kids don't seem to have a problem getting in and out of the back with the seat all the way back.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Small children and pets are probably better off getting to the backseat through the trunk. It might actually be easier and less time consuming.
Or get a vert so they can hop in with the top down!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2