s550 Locking Fuel Plug

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
My 2023 Mustang GT Premium has no fuel cap at all or locking filler door. Using my Vin, the dealer said Ford does not make one, only for the 4cyl. I bought one on line that said fits all 23 Mustangs, but it didn’t. I’ve tried NAPA, Auto Zone and O’Riely as well. I’m not worried about anyone steeling gas, just vandalism. My wife’s car is expensive and stays in the garage. Anyone found a place that has one?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Last time I tried to siphon some gas from the 'stang the hose I was using would not go in far enough to get any.

I'm thinking you are looking for a solution to a non existent problem.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s actually two flaps in the filler. The one you can see when you open the fuel door and there’s another one further in. To prevent the very thing that Dan described above. The funnel that comes with the car is long enough to push both open as are the gas pumps.

My wife’s SUV is the same design (GM product) and we’ve never had issues with either one. I wouldn’t worry about finding a gas cap for it (you won’t anyways, at least one that fits properly).

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As @MAGS1 mentioned, you'll want to feed your siphon tube through the provided Ford funnel. I bought a couple of spares off Amazon for around $5 each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8P8NDY/

Ford makes a locking fuel cap (BU5Z-9C268-B), but I can't tell you definitively if it works/fits. I did notice the comments on the page have an `18 Mustang GT owner saying it fits, but can be tricky to line up sometimes.

Blake L.
Verified Buyer

5.0 star rating

10/30/22
2018 Mustang GT Locking Fuel Cover

Review by Blake L. on 30 Oct 2022review stating 2018 Mustang GT Locking Fuel Cover
Overall this product works as advertised and shipped promptly. It can be occasionally tricky to get the locking mechanism in the perfect spot to actually lock into place.
@LevittownFordParts is on the forum... may be worth reaching out to get more information.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Last time I tried to siphon some gas from the 'stang the hose I was using would not go in far enough to get any.

Please read my post again. I’m not worried about someone trying to steel gas, I’m worried about some AH being jealous and dropping sugar, dirt, or whatever down the tube.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Please read my post again. I’m not worried about someone trying to steel gas, I’m worried about some AH being jealous and dropping sugar, dirt, or whatever down the tube.
They won’t be able to get it far enough that it will penetrate both flaps unless they have the Ford funnel (or one that’s similar). An oil funnel isn’t long enough so something like that won’t work. Rest easy, I wouldn’t worry much at all about something like that happening

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Unless he's trying to prevent someone from adding "fuel". Think, angry ex girlfriend.

ecb28772-7368-4544-82e9-c06482f27c42_text.gif

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nowadays.. they'll just slash tires, break windows, dent panels, scratch paint, etc., etc. So I wouldn't worry about somebody dumping sugar/dirt into your fuel fill ( it'll never make it down ).

OP
OP

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Nowadays.. they'll just slash tires, break windows, dent panels, scratch paint, etc., etc. So I wouldn't worry about somebody dumping sugar/dirt into your fuel fill ( it'll never make it down ).
Wild horse, point well made. Thanks
Sponsored