Sponsored

s550 Gt PP vs ?

fiveoh123

bombayfiveoh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want a Mustang lol. (2015-2017 gt with pp)
Hi, I'm in the market for a new car. I love Mustangs and was curious how they are for daily driving. I really love the interior and exterior of the car. Sadly, I wasn't able to test drive one because the dealership... How does it ride and any reliability issues? I was comparing the s550 gt with the 2016 1ss, 2008 e60 m5, wrx sti, and others. So do you enjoy driving the s550 gt? Please let me know because I would love some feedback. Thanks!:ford::help:
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Hi, I'm in the market for a new car. I love Mustangs and was curious how they are for daily driving. I really love the interior and exterior of the car. Sadly, I wasn't able to test drive one because the dealership... How does it ride and any reliability issues? I was comparing the s550 gt with the 2016 1ss, 2008 e60 m5, wrx sti, and others. So do you enjoy driving the s550 gt? Please let me know because I would love some feedback. Thanks!:ford::help:
I daily drive my GT, it's not a PP car but it has a stiffer suspension than a PP. It drives great and I love driving the car. For a daily driver I would suggest getting a Premium 401a optioned car. The BLIS and Cross Traffic alert really come in handy especially in parking lots. Also, the heated and cooled seats are great for winter and summer driving.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
If you plan to keep the car stock, a Camaro SS makes a strong case and I personally like the looks of the Gen 6.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
IMHO, it makes a fantastic daily driver. I have a 16GT PP Premium and put ~15k-20k per year. Very comfortable, suspension tight, but not too stiff. Great visibility, great trunk space. The only upgrade I would recommend is the exhaust, as the stock is far to tame for my tastes.

As for the Camaro, I couldn't get over my disdain for the styling...and the visibility and trunk suck major ass. People will tell you that you will "get over" it within the first few weeks, but IMHO why the hell should you compromise on a $40k car.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Makes for a great DD. Sync 3 is the best infotainment system i've had in any car.
Correction - Sync 3 using Android Auto.

To the OP, I daily mine, twenty miles each way. It's a fantastic car for a DD, and mine is a PP car. Other than the little nagging issues I've had, I wouldn't give this car up for anything short of a GT350. It's comfortable, even with the PP suspension and brakes, the infotainment system is great (Sync 3 is good, AA is better), the engine is amazing (though if you sit in traffic, be prepared for mid-teens on gas mileage). The only downside is the gearbox, and even that's much better than the S197 version of the MT-82.

JR

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you're tall, Camaro won't work. Or wide. Or both.

Terrible use of space considering the exterior dimensions are roughly the same as the Mustang.

The M5 will need rod bearings at a minimum, and you better be ready with some maint cash set aside.

STI and EVO are not for me.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
The M5 will be a complete money pit to keep it up. Though daily driving it will be the most pleasant experience from all of the cars listed.

The Camaro is a great car, but visibility is only good if you are about 5'9". I am 6'2" and never felt like my head was in the right place. Also mentioned was the small trunk opening. For performance, it is awesome. It would just be a complete and literal pain in the neck for me to drive. Also, you can get a new GT PP for the price a used SS cost.

The STi is a great car as well with great visibility and ample room. You will have more confidence with the STi in adverse weather than you will with the other choices listed. Daily driving the STi will be purely subjective though most will find it to be a great DD.

I chose a 2017 GT PP because for the money, it simply cannot be beat. It is an awesome daily driver with good visibility, ample trunk space, low cost of ownership, awesome brakes, and the car responds great to mods. It is fast, agile, and comfortable. The track apps and little hidden features make it even better.

To me, the GT with PP is the clear choice here. Unless you are 5'9", never turn your head, and have no use for the trunk. I seriously considered the STi, but the price difference was too much and overall, the Mustang GT is just faster. Since I do not Rally, I saw no advantage for owning it over the GT PP. I would never have considered a BMW for obvious reasons. (to me at least)

Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Comp Orange
I chose a 2017 GT PP because for the money, it simply cannot be beat. It is an awesome daily driver with good visibility, ample trunk space, low cost of ownership, awesome brakes, and the car responds great to mods. It is fast, agile, and comfortable. The track apps and little hidden features make it even better.
I 100% agree with the sentiments above.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have put 17k on my 16 PP GT. I have no complaints with the drivability of it. I don't DD it but I do commute it to work at least once a week which is 50 miles one way. I am on coilovers but even with stock suspension the car was smooth. If you do highway cruising, anything around 80mph will be 2.6k RPM in 6th so not the most economical but if you are driving on roads where you don't see those speeds for cruising, gas mileage shouldn't be too bad either.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I have the GT/PP. 70 mile commute, round trip. The suspension isn't soft but it's not bad. I really only find the potholes annoying. You'll do a lot of shifting in traffic with the 3:73's but it doesn't bother me. Remember the PP doesn't come in an auto. The stock seats are very comfortable. My back starts to hurt after an hour or two in an vehicle unless I use a towel, but I've driven up to three hours so far with no issues in the GT. My passengers also have commented on the comfort. The steering can be whatever you want it to be, so that's a plus. All in all I find it to be overall comfortable and fun to drive.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Very comfy as a DD. Rides like a luxury car with a big ass motor IMO.

Get the Premium package with the leather and the big screen. So many cool features to the Premium package.
Drive both the PP and the regular and decide for yourself. I didn't like the PP but it seems like everyone on this forum does.
Definitely get a stick IMO. So much fun. I hate my job but the fun part is driving my car to and from work.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have a 15 GT/PP. It isn't a Lexus (owned one, IS 300). My GT/PP is a daily driver, surface streets. About 40 miles round trip give or take with lots of lights. Not the best roads either but not bad to be fare. My point with regards to the Lexus, well, I bought a sport car so it is expected to have its moments. It does. However, it is quiet, smooth when the roads allow, and has plenty of power when needed. Firm. Having said that it also has Recaro's and we have taken it on 10 to 12 hour road trips with no fatigue. Sacramento, to Las Vegas, to LA, and back to Sacramento. Decent gas mileage, plenty of trunk space, and zero issues.

It really is a solid all around well built car that can serve has a daily driver yet track platform when called upon.

OP
OP

fiveoh123

bombayfiveoh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want a Mustang lol. (2015-2017 gt with pp)
So how are the regular seats? I mean, the 2018 gt is about to release and they will probably stop the options within a few years. I like the recaro's. Do you have any issues with traction in the rain? I would love some more detail about the car. Thanks for the reply!

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
With the other cars you are looking at, you might also consider a Kia Stinger (not joking). I think they will go on sale later this year. Full size, 4 door, turbo V6, awd, etc, etc. 365hp/376ft-lb. I saw it at the NY car show and thought it looked pretty awesome. Should be a pretty bad ass grand touring sports sedan.
Sponsored