www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Ya,but Henry Ford once said that history in the automobile industry is bunk. In other words , you must look in the future and come up with new products.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We are almost two months into 2016 and no word from Ford about a GT500. Maybe there is no GT500 in the works.
It could still be a couple of years away. And this time, I'm not sure Ford will want to rush to hit historically important anniversaries, so I am NOT expecting a 50th Anniversary 2017 GT500. I think those anniversaries put too much pressure on the timelines. S550 only just made it to the 50th Anniversary party back in April '14 (pre-prod models only on display) and the GT350 just squeezed into the '15 model year, right at the end.

Think about where they are in the S550 timeline. We've heard snippets about the '17MY, which seems limited to a few color changes. So, we can now assume that the '18MY will see the facelifted car.

My thoughts......if the rumoured Mach 1 does not appear in the next few months as a '17MY car, I think it'll be launched with the '18MY facelift. To spread out the model launches, it wouldn't surprise me if the GT500 doesn't appear until the '19MY.

Of course, I could be way off :D

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Maybe Ford is waiting for the mid cycle refresh to introduce the GT500, all in all sounds good to me. Just as long as the car loses weight, a 7xx+hp car weighing in at 3600lbs would be phenomenal!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Maybe Ford is waiting for the mid cycle refresh to introduce the GT500, all in all sounds good to me. Just as long as the car loses weight, a 7xx+hp car weighing in at 3600lbs would be phenomenal!
That would be insane! A car w/that much h/p tipping the scales a little over 36 hun would be a terror on the streets.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
would be lucky if Ford kept GT500 weight at 3,700 lbs

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It could still be a couple of years away. And this time, I'm not sure Ford will want to rush to hit historically important anniversaries, so I am NOT expecting a 50th Anniversary 2017 GT500. I think those anniversaries put too much pressure on the timelines. S550 only just made it to the 50th Anniversary party back in April '14 (pre-prod models only on display) and the GT350 just squeezed into the '15 model year, right at the end.

Think about where they are in the S550 timeline. We've heard snippets about the '17MY, which seems limited to a few color changes. So, we can now assume that the '18MY will see the facelifted car.

My thoughts......if the rumoured Mach 1 does not appear in the next few months as a '17MY car, I think it'll be launched with the '18MY facelift. To spread out the model launches, it wouldn't surprise me if the GT500 doesn't appear until the '19MY.

Of course, I could be way off :D

^^I think you are on point. For "GT500" or whatever it will be called. People need to think too before they get all gung ho about "just wait until the '17 GT500 comes and kills your Hellcat!" that NAIAS was a month ago. Chicago is done. LA is done in 2 days. If you want to release something big, you think about those things. Ford is all pomp and circumstance about their performance releases right now too. It's part of their marketing strategy: 12 new performance vehicles by 2020, EcoBoost, NAIAS.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Once the car gets forced induction it will be lucky to be under 4,000lbs. The GT350 with Track Package is pushing 3,800lbs already.
Guess it would be a pipe dream to think it would come in under 4k...

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guess it would be a pipe dream to think it would come in under 4k...
Not without exotic materials. Gittin Jr's '13 drift car had body panels of the same molds as production, just carbon fiber instead of steel and aluminum, and it trimmed hundreds of lbs off of the weight of the car.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Not without exotic materials. Gittin Jr's '13 drift car had body panels of the same molds as production, just carbon fiber instead of steel and aluminum, and it trimmed hundreds of lbs off of the weight of the car.
That's why I'm hoping the mid cycle refresh uses an aluminum body, this is the end game mustang before CAFE kicks in. The demand for the gt500 is speculated to be higher than the gt350. It's going to be funny when people say they paid under MSRP for the top dog mustang. :lol:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford designed the Voodoo explicitly for the GT350 and as NA. Jamal Hameedi has said there are no plans to expand the Voodoo any further than where it is.
That's not exactly what he said.

And he didn't shut the door on varied development with the Voodoo as a platform.

Of course... The version of Voodoo destined to FI GT500 wouldn't be code named Voodoo...

It will be the "didjeridu" or something. Lol

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Been saying for a while.

Ecoboost
AWD
DCT
Lightweighting

..and it will be quiet enough to run on tracks everywhere ;)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Been saying for a while.

Ecoboost
AWD
DCT
Lightweighting

..and it will be quiet enough to run on tracks everywhere ;)
That's what I'm talking about yo!

AWD would be huge for this.

Realistically Ford could produce a stout 900-1000 horsepower ttv8 gt500 that put power down through all 4 wheels and shifts automatically and faster than s human could ever dream

That thing would sell and would command respect amongst the entire earth.

The only worry would be that it might be too fast for Ferrari and the rest.

The next gt500 is going to be very expensive as it is. Might as well go for it.
Sponsored