RTD+ Capabilities

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Quick question for those with the RTD+ when you datalog are you able to see your own logs and review them?
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Quick question for those with the RTD+ when you datalog are you able to see your own logs and review them?
Only if you log with the VCM Scanner and laptop. You cant view logs taken with the app

OP
OP
Whitedevil95

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like you are stuck with whatever perimeters your tuner selects if you are using their tune. I have tried multiple things that HP Tuners have told me to try through email, because I wanted to monitor knock and it will not let me.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Seems like you are stuck with whatever perimeters your tuner selects if you are using their tune. I have tried multiple things that HP Tuners have told me to try through email, because I wanted to monitor knock and it will not let me.
How does it work for the RTD? Do they send you a parameter file, you load it, and then log?

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
How does it work for the RTD? Do they send you a parameter file, you load it, and then log?
Yea, I load their tune, then use the RTD to log and upload for them.. I guess on their end, they can choose whatever they want to see which is much more... no issue there...

Problem is when I want to log for myself using the VCM scanner... I can only see basic stuff and not knock like I want. The knock perimeter won't even show up for me to add... HP Tuners had me try a few different things but none of it worked, they said since the tune is scrambled I am SOL.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yea, I load their tune, then use the RTD to log and upload for them.. I guess on their end, they can choose whatever they want to see which is much more... no issue there...

Problem is when I want to log for myself using the VCM scanner... I can only see basic stuff and not knock like I want. The knock perimeter won't even show up for me to add... HP Tuners had me try a few different things but none of it worked, they said since the tune is scrambled I am SOL.
So the only function you have on vcm scanner is the start and stop recording? Ask your tuner to add the knock retard channel in there so you can see it?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So the only function you have on vcm scanner is the start and stop recording? Ask your tuner to add the knock retard channel in there so you can see it?
Pretty much yes. I have thought about it, didn't really want to bother him about it, lol.. I know he's a busy guy.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Pretty much yes. I have thought about it, didn't really want to bother him about it, lol.. I know he's a busy guy.
I just watched a video where a guy made his own channels. You're using a laptop right? Did you plug into the car, connect, and pull parameters? Are you able to do that?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched a video where a guy made his own channels. You're using a laptop right? Did you plug into the car, connect, and pull parameters? Are you able to do that?
Yes, I have tried it all.. I tried the BETA version, when I repoll for parameters, I get nothing new, no new channels to add. They said the tune is scrambled so it cannot ID the ECM type. I tried putting in the stock OS using the OS Override feature.. nothing worked. I tried my best to figure it out w/ hp tuners, so I did not have to annoy my tuner, lol.

Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yes, I have tried it all.. I tried the BETA version, when I repoll for parameters, I get nothing new, no new channels to add. They said the tune is scrambled so it cannot ID the ECM type. I tried putting in the stock OS using the OS Override feature.. nothing worked. I tried my best to figure it out w/ hp tuners, so I did not have to annoy my tuner, lol.
Got cha, but you're able to load in a channel config or can't do that either? I've heard of others having similar issues.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Being able to log KR is kind of important…. I’d feel pretty uncomfortable not being able to see that parameter.

OP
OP
Whitedevil95

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
See this is what I wanted to know. I currently have an older version NGauge, which still works fine but is definitely long in the tooth, and occasionally has some glitches. But I log every track run I do with it, because I like to just make sure fuel trims are good and there is no knock and shift points are good etc, for general health. But zero chance im going back to 2007 and taking my freaking laptop with me to the track :crackup:

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
If you guys aren't using Wengerd, you're doing it wrong.

I had the same issue and wanted to be able to log myself as well as be able view and log all the parameters you would want to see. He sent me clear instructions on how to load his os file, and then his standard channel file (you have to use the beta version of VCM Scanner) Your tuner should have no problem setting this up for you. We cant upload .hpl files to this forum, but below is a snippet of a slow rev log so that you can see all the pids you would really ever need, are visible and logable (not sure if that is a word)

Datalogging Code Step1-4 (1).png

Datalogging Code Step 5-6 (1).png

1712852957052-e0.png
1712852987842-ix.png

Last edited:

horsepower addiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
s550
What you should have done was purchased the mpvi2 or mpvi3 and the tuning course. It would’ve been cheaper and you can do anything you want you don’t have to ask anybody else.
Sponsored