Sponsored

Roush Supercharger

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Was planning on trading in my car for a Z06 last week.. But luckily I ended up not doing it and getting a new pickup instead.

That being said, I'm looking to supercharge it. The cars a daily, looking into Roush Stage 1 supercharger.

Anything else I need to upgrade in addition to the supercharger? Shaft, clutch, etc.

Also getting new tires, replacing the bald stock pZeros. Can I run pzeros in the front and something like michelin pilot ss at the back? Will I have any issues? Going to run stock PP rims. Looking into 285/35/19

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
All depends on the power you are wanting to make

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I would go with the stage 1 with a Lund tune and a PMAS intake.... I would also recommend a 305 out back.... I have an auto and 1st is not very friendly to the tires on the street.

OP
OP
smann

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
All depends on the power you are wanting to make
Going for stage 1 kit (670hp).

Do I need to make any other changes besides the supercharger? So I can order everything together.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Talk to Whipple before you make a decision.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Going for stage 1 kit (670hp).

Do I need to make any other changes besides the supercharger? So I can order everything together.
If and only if I went S/Cd from the reading I have done the Roush is best bang for the buck. Have a friend with the Whipple and he is about to pull it off. He is always having some sort of stupid issues with it. He is going turbo and I am doing the same.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If you do get a Roush you probably would want it tuned by someone else.

Black Dog what issues with his Whipple? I he on here? what year?
I have 30K miles on mine with no issues.

Last edited:

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
best bang for buck is the Maggy blower from livernois for under 6k

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford Racing also sells the Roush kit but with a Ford Tune. That is the route I went. My car put 587 to the wheels on a Dynojet. I have had no issues in 9 months since the install. With the Roush kit, you also have the option to purchase a full drivetrain warranty......something to consider.

Sponsored

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
For what it's worth I went with the Ford Performance branded kit (Part #M-6066-M8627) of the Roush Phase 1. Tuning is slightly different and is loaded through the Pro-Cal tool which is very similar to the Whipple Flare Tool. I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the kit or the tune. Car runs great and does not hiccup one bit. Pulls like a freight train and is MORE then enough for the street IMO. If you're just looking for a solid setup for a street car and not trying to break any records you will not be disappointed. If you want to turn it up down the road a few hard parts and a tune will open it up quite a bit.

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ford Racing also sells the Roush kit but with a Ford Tune. That is the route I went. My car put 587 to the wheels on a Dynojet. I have had no issues in 9 months since the install. With the Roush kit, you also have the option to purchase a full drivetrain warranty......something to consider.
Same supercharger with the Lund tune makes 640hp. That is mine makes.

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
For what it's worth I went with the Ford Performance branded kit (Part #M-6066-M8627) of the Roush Phase 1. Tuning is slightly different and is loaded through the Pro-Cal tool which is very similar to the Whipple Flare Tool. I have had absolutely ZERO issues with the kit or the tune. Car runs great and does not hiccup one bit. Pulls like a freight train and is MORE then enough for the street IMO. If you're just looking for a solid setup for a street car and not trying to break any records you will not be disappointed. If you want to turn it up down the road a few hard parts and a tune will open it up quite a bit.
Did you do anything different such as changing to a lower temp thermostat? Or is your car bone stock engine-wise with the SC?

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Did you do anything different such as changing to a lower temp thermostat? Or is your car bone stock engine-wise with the SC?
When I did the blower I also installed Boundary OPG and MMR CG for peace of mind, car also has a Corsa catback and UPR TVS catch can kit/crankcase breather kit. Other than that bone stock engine.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same supercharger with the Lund tune makes 640hp. That is mine makes.
I might go with a Lund tune down the road. Right now the car is mostly a garage queen and has more than enough power for my needs.
Sponsored