Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still waiting for an updated calibration. Put a call into roush less than a week ago.
The technician even mentioned about an update for “heat soak improvements”. (A10 only) He said to check back in October.

Perhaps the autos have priority over the manual trans cars due to the stick shifts being the minority.
Most of the Roush improvements have come out lately. Not a coincidence with the new cars coming out. The price point on their cars puts them in a position were they have to now have tangible and repeatable performance stats. Roush cars are going to be a tough sell. Buyers are more informed with 1/4 mile times and such. You can't just say this is 700+ hp anymore. People want to know times.
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very interesting read gentlemen, if this is the case you can see why their tune is safe, now are they being a bit conservative, probably. Just allowing the car to hit 115-120 IAT’s would make more power as the timing wouldn’t be pulled but I’m intrested how quickly the car drops back to reasonable IAT’s AFTER a hit?

You right though, it would be awesome to see the latest cal, I applaud roush for tweaking this setup.

More and more I’m leaning towards this kit

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still waiting for an updated calibration. Put a call into roush less than a week ago.
The technician even mentioned about an update for “heat soak improvements”. (A10 only) He said to check back in October.

Perhaps the autos have priority over the manual trans cars due to the stick shifts being the minority.
I sent you a PM

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Would the current calibration be able to take advantage of 105 octane unleaded race fuel....and either add timing or avoid timing being pulled?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Would the current calibration be able to take advantage of 105 octane unleaded race fuel....and either add timing or avoid timing being pulled?
No not according to the guy I talked to.
Sponsored