Sponsored

Roush supercharger kit installed!

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
Perhaps a dumb question, but the only thing holding me back is losing the strut tower brace. is there any super charger that still fits with the brace?

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Perhaps a dumb question, but the only thing holding me back is losing the strut tower brace. is there any super charger that still fits with the brace?
If you do new motor mounts that drop the motor a little lower, you are able to retain your factory strut tower brace yes. I believe Steeda makes them.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Whipple or Edelbrock. Stage 1
Just curious.....Why one of those?

Regarding pricing: Granger does have an excellent price. If you live anywhere close, they would be a good choice. The fact that Jay is on the forum is a good thing, too. Having said that, I have found Ford Performance or Roush dealers to be willing to negotiate prices on supercharger installations. If you are too far away to go to Granger, you might be able to get a good deal locally. The most important thing for me was knowing the tech is experienced and has a solid reputation. I have no doubt that the Granger team is top notch.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
If you do new motor mounts that drop the motor a little lower, you are able to retain your factory strut tower brace yes. I believe Steeda makes them.
I had them installed on my 2020 but driver side bolt snapped after 3 hard pulls went back to stock mounts
They where installed by Ford when SC was done
mm.jpg
IMG_6766.jpg

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That's what Jay did to mine.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Centrifugal superchargers like Procharger will allow you to keep the strut brace and no need for new engine mounts

OP
OP
Jay at Granger

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I had them installed on my 2020 but driver side bolt snapped after 3 hard pulls went back to stock mounts
They where installed by Ford when SC was done
mm.jpg
IMG_6766.jpg
Oh man! That is so sad to hear!

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Centrifugal superchargers like Procharger will allow you to keep the strut brace and no need for new engine mounts
I'm chomping at the bit to see/read about some MACH 1 cars with the new ProCharger kit!
Should be good.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, Race Red, Auto,
Jay,

With the Roush supercharger installed, what would estimated 1/4 mile times be? Most likely would run 93 with your tune, all other components are stock (exhaust manifold, cats, mufflers). I have a 2018 GT with perf pac and A10. I would most likely add a set of drag radials for better traction....

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Jay,

With the Roush supercharger installed, what would estimated 1/4 mile times be? Most likely would run 93 with your tune, all other components are stock (exhaust manifold, cats, mufflers). I have a 2018 GT with perf pac and A10. I would most likely add a set of drag radials for better traction....
I look forward to Jay's answer. However, with the Roush tune and everything else stock, you can expect high 10s at 128-130 with DRs. My car is very consistent. Back to back runs do not vary more than a few hundredths.

Sponsored