Sponsored

Installed the ROUSH Performance Heat Extractors and rear difusser kit on my 2018

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This past weekend I installed the ROUSH Performance Heat Extractors as well as the Rear bumper Difusser kit. Super happy with how they look on the car. The front bumper portions are next for install.

Both are VERY easy to install. The instructions they give you are pretty straight forward. Esp for the rear. Follow them and you are golden. Here are some pictures of it installed.

ftq8at.jpg

ejh9j6.jpg

The Heat extractors for the hood, very simple to do.

11095kp.jpg

Couple things I wanted to go over even though the directions are VERY straight forward, Their is a couple things you can do that makes it easier for the install.

First, like the directions, remove the hood liner. Once you remove that. You will see (4) 9mm nuts for each OEM vent.

Simply remove the nuts (the stud will be very loose but it will not fall off)

15clz4m.jpg

Once those are off, pull the black plastic backing off. It is held on by double sided tape but it will come off with some pressure.

Next, on the front part of ther hood, there is a small slit that is a tab. Just push it in then the factory extraftor will dall off (make sure to hold it on the back so it doesnt slide down the hood)

24qmwec.jpg

In the kit, it will come with black vynle that you will put on the hood where the factory panels went. This stuff is super thin but very flexable. Becareful laying it down. Once its put down, you can punch out the holes where the screws and alignment pins would go.

2cy2t6q.jpg

NOW....THIS IS THE BIG PART

In the directions, they want you to drill 2 holes in the hood for the back side screws. You can do this for 100% security.

I... decided I did not want to drill the hood. The kit comes with 3m tape to put along sides and back of the extrator. It still does not move with the tape and 4 screws holding it on.

rjdpmt.jpg

Now, yes, it is backwards, but you can still see how it looks on the vent.

2wg8478.jpg

Once you align it with the pins, stick it onto the hood. it will cover the black vynle completely. Then go ahead and use the screws to secure it to the hood. After this, re-install the hood liner and boom... You are done.

315d8h1.jpg
Sponsored

STEVO 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
As the kids would say, that ass is on fleek.

They probably don't say that anymore.

Looks great though!

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs

Looks great though!
Fleek was so July 2017 man, lol

Does look good, both mods!

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
To add to what Steve has said in his tips, I installed these heat extractors a week or so back and did the same thing, did not drill the holes. I did one thing different on mine, I didn't remove the black piece on the bottom side of the hood, once the nuts were off the factory heat exchangers, I was able to gently pull up and twist on the heat extractor and get that snap feature to release (potential you could break it, but just sharing my experience). I didn't want to drill as I'm not sure if I want to keep these long term or if other options come out, I can switch. When applying the black decal, don't worry about getting all the little wrinkles out, this is just to black out the vent when looking into it, mind looks like what Steve's do, a little wrinkle, you'll never see it when installed. I have the rear diffuser parts but have not gotten around to install yet, but glad to hear they are easy to put on.

Here's a pic of my 2018 PP2 GT with them on.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Those heat extractors look damn good on the 18.

Cougxor

BYU Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium; A10; PP1
Looks great - I was wondering if I really needed to drill the extra two holes. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Looks great though!
I literally LOL'ed to this.

Great write up Steve! We're happy you are enjoying our new R8 kit so far!
Roush FTW! :cheers:

To add to what Steve has said in his tips, I installed these heat extractors a week or so back and did the same thing, did not drill the holes. I did one thing different on mine, I didn't remove the black piece on the bottom side of the hood, once the nuts were off the factory heat exchangers, I was able to gently pull up and twist on the heat extractor and get that snap feature to release (potential you could break it, but just sharing my experience). I didn't want to drill as I'm not sure if I want to keep these long term or if other options come out, I can switch. When applying the black decal, don't worry about getting all the little wrinkles out, this is just to black out the vent when looking into it, mind looks like what Steve's do, a little wrinkle, you'll never see it when installed. I have the rear diffuser parts but have not gotten around to install yet, but glad to hear they are easy to put on.

I may have to look at the bottom part and adding it back. I like that. :cheers:

Those heat extractors look damn good on the 18.
Indeed. Holding them an viewing in pictures and then having them on the car are 2 completelt different things. LOL

Looks great - I was wondering if I really needed to drill the extra two holes. Thanks for the info!
Yes sir. I know these are going to be a very popular swap so I wanted to get this out there quick.

Next to come in the ROUSH front lip along with the grille delete and side vents.

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Looks sharp! :coolphotos: I know what's being added to my ever-growing list pending wifey approval.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

A BIG Dreamcycle without the stick:headbonk:

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
That really makes the ‘18 hood look good.

Ruby Redbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Got an unexpected bigger tax refund this year and I bought both the heat extractors and the foil kit. I sent the heat extractors to the body shop to get painted black, should have them back and on the car this week.

The foil kit is REALLY thin plastic, like they are paying $5 total to produce. I know they have to buy the mold and all, but I was a bit surprised. Not sure If they made them that thin to save weight, one bit of road debris and these things may not survive. At least they look good!

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What are those heat extractors made out of?
Sponsored