Sponsored

Rotex blower kit for Coyote?

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
I was wondering why we haven't seen anyone build a kit utilizing a Rotex blower for the S550?

From what I have been told the planetary design of the Rotex allows for a steeper step up ratio then the conventional gear driven centrifugal blowers design that it seems all the other centrifugal blower manufactures use. The ratio is suppose to be more like 7:1 then 3/4: 1
So I assume it should then have the ability to be quicker to build boost. And also by it's design is suppose to create less noise while operating ( no gear whine)

SO, I started to wonder why no one has went with Rotex head unit in Coyote supercharger kits, if it design is in many ways superior to the more conventional gear driven units.

Now I Goggled it and the only thing that came up was a kit from some company named Kraftwerks, and that was for the Gen 1. But apart from that there seems to be no info related to Rotex boost for Coyote's .

I tried asking Alex Flores in is lifestream tonight. If Lund had possible come across tuning a Rotex boosted Coyote. and the only thing he said was "WOW!" and his reaction clearly meant that my question was too stupid for his liking to offer me a real answer to it, for some reason.

So, I am hoping any of you guys might be able to and willing to shine some light on this for me. As to why it seems no one likes to utilize Rotex superchargers in the world of Coyote tuning?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I dont have an answer for your question but I saw his reaction. lol

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hamburger supercharger I believe uses this design.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
OP
OP

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
You are correct
Rotex blowers are used on many different applications.

But for some reason the Coyote engine doesn't seem to be one of them .

Which would be very interesting to know. since this platform has one of the biggest aftermarket support of any car.

And today it seems like all the centrifugal blowers on the market are more less offering the same, just different brands and utilize a bit diffrent methods when it comes to mounting and such like.

So it would be at least interesting to see if only that how a Rotex unit would perform on a Coyote.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Rotex blowers are used on many different applications.

But for some reason the Coyote engine doesn't seem to be one of them .

Which would be very interesting to know. since this platform has one of the biggest aftermarket support of any car.

And today it seems like all the centrifugal blowers on the market are more less offering the same, just different brands and utilize a bit diffrent methods when it comes to mounting and such like.

So it would be at least interesting to see if only that how a Rotex unit would perform on a Coyote.
Again Hamburger supercharger makes a kit using a rotex supercharger with a liquid to air intercooler. If memory serves me it’s 700 hp and 600 tq

OP
OP

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Again Hamburger supercharger makes a kit using a rotex supercharger with a liquid to air intercooler. If memory serves me it’s 700 hp and 600 tq
My aplogize sir.
I guess I just assumed Hamburger didn't offer a kit exclusively for the Coyote as I thought they were mainly into Jeeps and such like. And it didn't come up when I did a Google search on Rotex supercharged Mustang/Coyote.

But after looking at their website it seems they have recently developed a kit they displaced at SEMA. But only on offer for the Gen 3's it seems.

But at least for now, they provide very limited info on it, and don't even mention that the blower they utilize is a Rotex unit.

And so far their isn't any info out there regarding their setup.

But it will be interesting( at least to me ) to find out how it will perform in comparison to the other more conventional centrifugal kits on the market.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Reach out to Hamburger or Rolex to inquire further, you may get better answers. That's not saying folks on here won't be able to offer up thoughts, but maybe they don't have the backing of some of the major players for the Coyote.

Sometimes some of these companies are exclusive and loyal to a Vehicle Brand, and in some instances may even be backed by that Manufacturer. It's very possible that Hamburger or Rotex only cater to a select group of vehicle Manufacturers. It's also possible that their market segment is also geared towards select groups too.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
My aplogize sir.
I guess I just assumed Hamburger didn't offer a kit exclusively for the Coyote as I thought they were mainly into Jeeps and such like. And it didn't come up when I did a Google search on Rotex supercharged Mustang/Coyote.

But after looking at their website it seems they have recently developed a kit they displaced at SEMA. But only on offer for the Gen 3's it seems.

But at least for now, they provide very limited info on it, and don't even mention that the blower they utilize is a Rotex unit.

And so far their isn't any info out there regarding their setup.

But it will be interesting( at least to me ) to find out how it will perform in comparison to the other more conventional centrifugal kits on the market.
Do a search on here for hamburger supercharger. The company made a big post on here a week before sema and had a bunch of info on the kit for the mustang.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be that even the largest :

1642684933822.png

Is 'borderline' for the numbers that most people seem to be chasing with forced induction ?

820 ish at the wheel and that's with it maxed out and no room for future.

I know 820 in the real world is a lot, but is it enough to interest the after market tuners for them to push its use and develop it ?

I know nothing of boosting cars, just trying to think of it from a tuners 'publicity' perspective - YouTube hits wont be great at 'only' 820 ...

WD :like:

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Could it be that even the largest :

1642684933822.png

Is 'borderline' for the numbers that most people seem to be chasing with forced induction ?

820 ish at the wheel and that's with it maxed out and no room for future.

I know 820 in the real world is a lot, but is it enough to interest the after market tuners for them to push its use and develop it ?

I know nothing of boosting cars, just trying to think of it from a tuners 'publicity' perspective - YouTube hits wont be great at 'only' 820 ...

WD :like:
If this manufacturer had a unit that would make big power, it may never come to light for many reasons. Availability of materials, R&D, profitability of the project and many other reasons posted above. The popular centri blowers are similar for many reasons. It's an uphill battle to topple what is proven from many aspects. Performance, manufacturing, reliability etc.

Pushing this type of blower to the front is like trying to bring your own gym shoe to market. It's possible but it will be a hard road to hoe.

OP
OP

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Do a search on here for hamburger supercharger. The company made a big post on here a week before sema and had a bunch of info on the kit for the mustang.
I found the tread on the Hamburger Rotex kit, Thanks.
Interesting they choose to go with a air to water complexity rather then keep it simply with air to air, not least since the blower is suppose to be so efficient. Where I life I hardly ever see air temps over 60F. So I would prefer keep it simple with air to air and also I don't even have the stock airbox. I would preferable just want to stick a filter directly to the blower.

But the main reason I start to look into Rotex offering, was because they make way less noise
( I don't like the gear whine the conventional centri blowers make) suppose to be more efficient by design. and last but not least spin up quicker so I assume offer better low end power then the other centri blowers.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I found the tread on the Hamburger Rotex kit, Thanks.
Interesting they choose to go with a air to water complexity rather then keep it simply with air to air, not least since the blower is suppose to be so efficient. Where I life I hardly ever see air temps over 60F. So I would prefer keep it simple with air to air and also I don't even have the stock airbox. I would preferable just want to stick a filter directly to the blower.

But the main reason I start to look into Rotex offering, was because they make way less noise
( I don't like the gear whine the conventional centri blowers make) suppose to be more efficient by design. and last but not least spin up quicker so I assume offer better low end power then the other centri blowers.
It looks like they offer a2w because nobody else offers it. Is it better? That's debatable. Also, step up ratio is just that. A ratio. Now a compressor map will give you detailed airflow info. But to base performance on a ratio is a moot point. What if their impeller design is shit? What if real world performance of other centris with lower step up ratio perform better?

OP
OP

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
It looks like they offer a2w because nobody else offers it. Is it better? That's debatable. Also, step up ratio is just that. A ratio. Now a compressor map will give you detailed airflow info. But to base performance on a ratio is a moot point. What if their impeller design is shit? What if real world performance of other centris with lower step up ratio perform better?
In theory, if the step up ratio is higher. Shouldn't it then be able to bring in the boost quicker?

I don't know about Rotex impeller design, but I wouldn't expect it be much inferior to what the others are using.
And speaking of that. Has for exp the Paxton 2200 seen any upgrades since it was first offered for the Coyote in 10 years time or so?
Sponsored