Rokblokz Mud Flaps - MACH 1

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Are you sure it doesn’t come with holes for flaps?
I've had them on 4 different S550 Mustangs. You have to drill holes. They also use a speed clip at the top that loses tension over time, causing the splash guard to tilt outward at the top.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What is so hard to understand ? I've had them installed on a Bullet, CA Special, HEP and, a GT. They require drilling a hole in two places into the fender lip in order to install them. The small metal U clip is used at the very top to hold the splash guard to the fender liner. Over time, the fender liner crushes and the clip loses its grip.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Their product was originally designed for off road use. Look at their website. It is extremely well made. For our use, it is overkill. Having to remove the rear wheels for installation is needless imho. Why do they not simply use longer push pins instead of screws. I'm not taking the Mach 1 mudding.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What is so hard to understand ? I've had them installed on a Bullet, CA Special, HEP and, a GT. They require drilling a hole in two places into the fender lip in order to install them. The small metal U clip is used at the very top to hold the splash guard to the fender liner. Over time, the fender liner crushes and the clip loses its grip.
I can say that this is not right for my 2019 GT. No (new) holes had to be drilled - not a single one. I just installed them 4 weeks ago: so I would know.

To install the rear two guards you have to slightly widen two existing holes in plastic with a drill. But that is in no way “drilling holes” - and I don’t think it would significantly alter the function of the existing plastic holes.

I get that you may have just been slightly imprecise in your language - so it’s fine if that’s what you meant. I just wanted to make sure that others who haven’t done the installation before don’t think that you have to actually “drill holes” in your car.

I love the RokBlokz on my GT - around here there is a ton of pea gravel on the roads from winter - and driving without the RokBlokz made me cringe at how much was getting tossed up on the car. I also think they look really nice.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Drill is drill .......... Period. And, having to remove the rear wheels sucks IMHO. As I stated in another post, the product itself is high quality. They simply need a better mounting system.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The black ones look pretty great both front and rear in the photo on 1st page, pretty much OEM looking. I'm considering them. Does anyone have more pics of black ones with different colour than white and different angles (like from the front)?

Reactions: 12g

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The black ones look pretty great both front and rear in the photo on 1st page, pretty much OEM looking. I'm considering them. Does anyone have more pics of black ones with different colour than white and different angles (like from the front)?
You can see them on my car in the thread I posted last week: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/epic-idaho-drive-and-photos.158447/

On my Magnetic Metallic (grey) car they are nearly invisible from most angles.

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
I have decided and have on order a set of front and rears, for the rears I am taking the chance that they may fit and if not I will modify, at only an extra $30 not a problem if they don’t fit.

I think waiting for Rokblokz to post up the correct fitment is trying to get blood out of a stone. They haven’t even posted up the correct fitment for the GT500.

People ordering the Rokblokz mudflaps, there are 2 sizes for our car:

The fronts are the same as the GT

1 V6 – Ecoboost – GT (more discreet) (smaller)
2 PP2 V6 – Ecoboost – GT (larger)

I have gone for number 1

This is information sent from Rokblokz

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. The V6 - Ecoboost - GT is the flap used in all our photos on this listing. It is what I would call a standard size. The PP2 - Ecoboost - GT is what I would call the XL. It is about 1" wider and 3/4" longer than the V6 - Ecoboost - GT.

It really is a matter of personal preference as to what look you are going for.
From what I can tell, there have been no changes to the Fenders for the 2021 model year, but we have yet to verify our fitment on the 2021 so we cannot guarantee our flaps will work. The rears appear to be the same as the GT500 though.
Once you get your vehicle, if you can send us some photos of your wheel well, we can give you a better assessment.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Tylor

YouTube video Fitment front and rear:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYSjUn66GSE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyhFeYu6lGA

90.jpeg
91.jpg
93.jpg

OP
OP
12g

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
Just to let everyone know my car is on the boat (Tirranna) (Eta NZ 21 May) my car was loaded this morning at Mid-Atlantic Terminal Baltimore. :clap:
I will post up details of the fitment once I have my car.
The wait is nearly over, I waited 21 months after placing my order for my first mustang this one has been a little shorter. :like:

More information from Rokblokz:
I asked about the GT350-350R fitment compared to the GT.
They are just slightly wider yes, but also a hair shorter.
The mounting points should all still be the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
So, are out going to camp out on the pier ? :wink: :clap:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Winner ! :rockon:

Reactions: 12g

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
California Pony Cars From CJ Pony Parts.
Lee

20210502_213114.jpg

20210502_213155.jpg

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Can someone link the ROKBLOKZ for the front and read mud flaps? Looking for the smaller flaps. I don't have the HP / HP wheels?

So, not having a whole lot of patience, I ordered the 1 V6 – Ecoboost – GT (more discreet) (smaller) in black - $99 plus shipping. The video links on this thread show the installs and they don't seem to need much. The back ones require minimal drilling to increase existing hole - 1 per flap.
Sponsored

Last edited: