Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just ran 2 tanks through of pure highway miles in GA. I averaged 25.5 cruising 70-80 mph depending on the road I was on...
In town I get 16-17.
2015 GT Auto 3:15 gears lowered but otherwise stock.
This mirrors my results, also with 3:15 gears and 265/35-20 Conti DWS tires.
Sponsored

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
In my 2018 2.3T A10 3.15 gears, I just completed an 800 mile trip and got 36 mpg at mostly 70-75 mph, on 87 octane. It will also run 13.20s in the quarter mile, and it's stock.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I took my box stock 2016 GT with 3:31 gears and manual transmission on a 3500 mile round trip last summer. Average mpg for the trip was 27.3. High tank was 29.1, my calculations. The computer said 30.0 but I believe my numbers. That tank was mostly state highways with speed limits at 60 to 65, and about 150 miles on Interstates with speed limits at 70. The low tank was 22.5 but that was local driving while visiting a friend in Ohio for about 5 days. Stick to no more than 70 to 75 and barring any unusual weather conditions (my trip had relatively calm winds for most of it), and you shouldn't have any problems getting in the 27 to 28 mpg range. If you're like most of us, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

FightingFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
As a german i find such threads highly amusing.:giggle:

I would die of boredom if i had to crawl up the Autobahn going 70-75mph.

My regular cruising speed on the Autobahn is 150kph or your 93mph.

With that i can sustain an 20mph easily.:like:

When im in a hurry, or the mood i go 180kmh for longer distances, cause with the 10R80 thats 3000U/min and quiet enough to talk with a passenger.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Have to admit, based on my experience with the Vettes I used to own, I was sceptical of the comments about mpg "falling off a cliff" above 75-80 mph - I used to see a pretty gradual tail-off at higher speeds. But you guys are right, it really does tail off quickly with the GT. (Mine's a 10-speed and just clicked over 1000 miles at the end of the trip below).

Did a 280 mile round-trip yesterday, mainly motorways ranging from stop-start to free running in the 90 mph range, some flat some hilly, and averaged a little over 24 mpg (but that's UK mpg so in US money that's about 20 mpg). I've adjusted the AFE bias on the trip which showed 24.3 mpg and based on brim-to-brim fill it was 24.1 mpg.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

When im in a hurry, or the mood i go 180kmh for longer distances, cause with the 10R80 thats 3000U/min and quiet enough to talk with a passenger.
FightingFalcon, you'll get no arguments from most of us. We wish we had the equivalent of your Autobahn's although there are a few places in the country that are better. Interstates in west Texas for example have speed limits in the 80 to 85 mpg range. It's still not your Autobahn, but it's a start. The thing is, there are too many of us that wouldn't know what to do with a car traveling that fast. From what I've heard, you have much better drivers training than we do.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
FightingFalcon, you'll get no arguments from most of us. We wish we had the equivalent of your Autobahn's although there are a few places in the country that are better. Interstates in west Texas for example have speed limits in the 80 to 85 mpg range. It's still not your Autobahn, but it's a start. The thing is, there are too many of us that wouldn't know what to do with a car traveling that fast. From what I've heard, you have much better drivers training than we do.
It is much more difficult to get a driver's license in Germany than the U.S., and it shows, when you drive on German roads. Picture no slow pokes obliviously hanging out in the left lane. Also, people use their turn signals properly, and you don't see people cutting across multiple lanes at the last f...ing second, to make their turn.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red

We would love to run that fast but due to bad drivers, lax training and enforcement and the laws against it, we cannot.

Sponsored

Lapptopp

Threads
Reaction score
Colorado, Eastern Plains (no emissions or traffic)
Vehicle(s)
17' Mustang Gt Ruby Red Metallic Base Stick
I take a 1600 mile round trip once a year through 3 states on 91 to 93 octane with a 3.55 gear manual. I average 26 to 27 mpg on the hwy on these trips. For what it's worth I drive a service van an average of 300 miles per week with signage all over it including my company's phone number. In this I obey every traffic law and extend every courtesy. However it is rare that my GT doesn't hit at least 100 mph if it sees the highway. There is very little traffic around here and that rarely happens around other vehicles. The posted pic shows my mpg average and that is aggressive driving mixed in.
20190519_165419.jpg

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I just did a little over 800 miles at 80MPH and got 26MPG both ways. 6MT with the standard final drive.

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I just travelled 600 miles yesterday, all hwy with my ‘18 auto GT with adaptive cruise control at 78mph (so average speed a little less) and got 28.0 MPG.

Deleted member 35786

With all these nice mpg numbers, folks need to specify if they adjusted the AFE bias to reflect actual mileage calculated at the pump. Ford likes to estimate about 1-2mpg high from factory.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With all these nice mpg numbers, folks need to specify if they adjusted the AFE bias to reflect actual mileage calculated at the pump. Ford likes to estimate about 1-2mpg high from factory.
Yep. Mine always reads about 2mpg higher than actual. Not sure why they do that. Seems like it's on purpose for some reason other than fudging numbers for mpg rating. We all know what happens when an automaker fudges the numbers a little too much...

...cough...Volkswagen....cough.
Sponsored