FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I’m just here to vent. Let me start by saying I’m in the metro detroit area and I work downtown and nearly every day I find myself nearly getting into a car accident because of the way other drivers behave around here. It’s a serious issue. I’ve been getting thinner patience every day.

So I’m heading home from the gym just a half hour ago. Going about 45-50 in a 40 accelerating from a stoplight. I’m being tailgated so closely that I can’t even see the dude’s headlights in my rear view. I’ve got some idiot in a Cadillac lined up exactly next to me matching my speed.

I believe tailgating is probably the most dangerous thing you can do while driving. I shouldn’t have to be afraid to perform an emergency maneuver or brake because of the possibility of being rear ended. So, to get this guy away from my car, I slam on my gas to get over and let the guy pass me. As soon as they do that, they both slam on their gas too and now we’re all going 70-75 in a 40 and I’m still boxed in. They probably thought I was trying to race or something.

I end up getting behind both of them.. we end up stopping at a stoplight and I go in the right hand turn lane. The tailgater gets behind me. I’m fuming so I basically stick my entire body out of the window and look back at the guy and yell something to the effect of “I swear to f*** god if you get that close to me again”.

We all ended up parting ways, but I hate having encounters like that. My car is incredibly identifiable in a parking lot and I really would hate to tick the wrong person off and find my car keyed for something so stupid.

If I had known how things would have played out I would’ve just turned off a side street to begin with and continued to head home after a minute.

Im rarely one to road rage but I spend so much money and put so much hard work into earning what I have. It’s so frustrating when people treat other drivers with such disrespect.
In today's environment you're better off removing yourself from the situation before someone pulls a gun. It's not worth the effort to deal with assholes.
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
You mean most smug? Politest drivers are, or were in TN
I started this thread just to solicit such opinions! Yes, they're a bit smug in the Pudget Sound area, but when I lived up there, where it at least drizzles almost every day, and the roads are slick, and the traffic horrible, it is as if everyone thought, "Hey, let's just chill, take our time, and get to our destination in one piece."

I am with you re "border state" (TN, KY) drivers, but if you only want to single out the most POLITE, it's gotta be West Virginia - and yes, I lived there a year as well. I saw some STUPID driving, but everyone was polite almost to a fault.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
FWIW when the MSF recruited me to be an instructor, I reviewed their lesson plans and while I don't recall them advising students to throw spark plugs at other motorists, I can't rule out other schools teaching @CJJon that.
Any school that advised that type actions are morons.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Turn off, ignore, in Houston they will shoot you for a horn honk.The key scratch fear is valid. Some will just do it out of envy. 🤬

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you don’t ride I don’t think you can understand how oblivious , disrespectful, and dangerous cage drivers can be. I have been literally run off the road multiple times. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt in that they are idiots rather than malicious, but you read about road rage incidents against motorcyclists all the time on forums. Escalating is never the answer but when that adrenaline hits after someone nearly kills you it isn’t hard to feel the need to do something to make they pay attention. Negative attention is better than dead.
That's why I quit riding. Motorcycles are fun, but it's not worth dying over.

Negative attention can get you dead. The amount of contact needed to knock down a motorcycle will barely even scuff the paint on a car.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I wonder how many years it takes to ride a million miles on a motorcycle. Not sure i have driven a million miles in all my vehicles total. I have been driving since 1963. Might have if I throw in the miles of driving a school bus for 13 years. I probably have less than 10,000 on a motorcycle.

Never occurred to me to endanger others when riding a cycle. I understood from the start I would lose out in a mixup with a car or truck. The extra danger when riding a bike is part of the deal and should be taken into account before throwing a leg over.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I wonder how many years it takes to ride a million miles on a motorcycle.
40 years of riding. For almost 20 years of that I commuted 140 miles a day 5 days a week, rain or shine.

So, yeah - at least a million miles. Accident and ticket free miles at that.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
40 years of riding. For almost 20 years of that I commuted 140 miles a day 5 days a week, rain or shine.

So, yeah - at least a million miles. Accident and ticket free miles at that.
Ya, you just chucked spark plugs are cage drivers, that alone tells me your no tickets or not, you shouldn't have had your lic to drive them revoked. and not reinstated for a long long time.
I've road for 45 years and I'd never EVER even think of pulling a bone head move like that ,nor posting about it.
That alone, tells us what type rider you were, are.
I can't stand when someone destroys someone else's property your actions and the latest trend of the last few decades of knocking mirrors off cars/trucks and or kicking the body panels then running away like a coward, I can't get behind. These type riders are a BIG part of the reason motorbike riders have the stereotype they have.
AND it gets applied to all riders because of a few morons that pull crap like this.

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Most street riders I know stopped in urban setting because everyone looking at one screen or another.
When I was young, living in San Antonio I bought a huge-for-the-time motorcycle, and agree: automobile drivers made no allowances for me. In fact, a grizzled old biker I encountered in the Honda dealership told me, "Son, buy the biggest machine you can handle. Car divers will worry that if they hit you, you'd damage their precious baby."
Hello; I wonder how many years it takes to ride a million miles on a motorcycle. Not sure i have driven a million miles in all my vehicles total. I have been driving since 1963. Might have if I throw in the miles of driving a school bus for 13 years. I probably have less than 10,000 on a motorcycle.

Never occurred to me to endanger others when riding a cycle. I understood from the start I would lose out in a mixup with a car or truck. The extra danger when riding a bike is part of the deal and should be taken into account before throwing a leg over.
Anyone ever driven in any of the big California cities? The "interlaneing" allowed there is insane, and I cannot imagine doing that myself. It puts automobile drivers constantly on edge, as you never know when you're going to look out your window and see a motorcycle a few inches from you.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Just stay away from Vancouver. I had not been there in a while when I visited a couple years back. It reminded me of Hong Kong.

The BC truck drivers are the absolute worst too.
Us Canadians affectionately refer to that city as Hongcouver lol.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Ya, you just chucked spark plugs are cage drivers, that alone tells me your no tickets or not, you shouldn't have had your lic to drive them revoked. and not reinstated for a long long time.
I've road for 45 years and I'd never EVER even think of pulling a bone head move like that ,nor posting about it.
That alone, tells us what type rider you were, are.
I can't stand when someone destroys someone else's property your actions and the latest trend of the last few decades of knocking mirrors off cars/trucks and or kicking the body panels then running away like a coward, I can't get behind. These type riders are a BIG part of the reason motorbike riders have the stereotype they have.
AND it gets applied to all riders because of a few morons that pull crap like this.
As if driving two inches from my rear tire at 70 MPH in your car isn't dangerous. Fool.

Anyway, still following me around posting your illiterate banter I see.
Sponsored