Sponsored

Road rage incident

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Back in the day we used to carry an old spark plug in our jackets when riding motorcycles to deal with tailgaters. A quick toss over the shoulder usually did the trick.
That sounds like something I might have done. Things were different, right? People had disagreements, even fights. But sadly there are just so many ways it can go wrong now. Really wrong. I’m not saying we have to be doormats. Just be smart.

I have a friend who reminds me its not wise to wrestle a pig. You’ll get filthy, and the pig will just enjoy it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like something I might have done. Things were different, right? People had disagreements, even fights. But sadly there are just so many ways it can go wrong now. Really wrong. I’m not saying we have to be doormats. Just be smart.

I have a friend who reminds me its not wise to wrestle a pig. You’ll get filthy, and the pig will just enjoy it.

People are jealous, cause the rider is having much for fun, the balls to ride, and can out maneuver the cage they're stuck in.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
When I moved to SFL (Broward) I was getting pissed off EVERY time I got in the car at the incredibly horrific driving here.

It’s not just “annoying”, it’a blatant disrespect of fellow drivers and disregard for safety and the law.

I’ve learned to not react, as the people that drive like this and are willing to jeopardize their own and anyone else’s safety are the same ones that will probably pull out a gun and shoot you for reacting to their stupidity.
Most of the drivers in SoFlo are missing the common sense that should be required to operate a car/vehicle, whatever. It's just not there. Actually "common sense" left south Florida many many years ago. Like another post says, I prefer the toll roads, too.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Yeah, well there was that one day when a bunch of vandals came up from Bermuda and stole some stuff and lit other stuff on fire. They left as quickly as they came, something like 26 hours later.

Also, terrorism does not equate to an invasion, which is basically what the Brits were when they struck Washington, likewise as were the 9-11 contingent.

So...nah.
Actually, it was a force of 4,500 British regulars led by Major General Ross that invaded Washington and burned the White House, not a bunch of vandals from Bermuda:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington
The 9/11 contingent were definitely terrorists by any definition, though, which takes me to another point that we may agree upon and that is this: contemporary threats like terrorism and disruption of technological infrastructure are far more likely threats in the current age than any kind of Napoleonic invasion, and having arms in the home (or our cars) does nothing whatsoever to protect us against them.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
How many rapes, robberies, assaults and car jackings in Canada, you ask?
Generally speaking, about the same or fewer than in your country.
If you want to talk about gun ownership as a matter of choice, regardless of the societal costs, fine: at least that’s honest.
Saying gun ownership makes society safer, though, is not, as there are no credible data to support the assertion.
The reality is this: when it comes to gun violence, the United States is - by far - the most dangerous country among the advanced industrialized countries in the world.
By far.
Also, as we in Canada have our own history and laws, we’ve never had the misfortune of having included anything like the curious legal anomaly and 18th century artifact you call a “second amendment” in our own constitution - thank God! - so we never developed any kind of mass fetish about guns that came to be perceived as an inalienable right, in any way, let alone one that was “taken away” from us by by any of our governments, be they Liberal or Conservative.
Hello; I do not know about things in Canada, but did look into what happened in Australia about five years ago. Some of the information has been removed, but still some around. Perhaps others will have good information about Canada.

Did Australia’s ban on guns lower violent crime rates and lower suicide rates? | WINTERY KNIGHT

“Yes, as with the gun-happy United States, the murder rate is down in Australia. It’s dropped 31 percent from a rate of 1.6 per 100,000 people in 1994 to 1.1 per 100,000 in 2012.But it’s the only serious crime that saw a consistent decline post-ban.”

“In fact, according to the Australian government’s own statistics, a number of serious crimes peaked in the years after the ban. Manslaughter, sexual assault, kidnapping, armed robbery, and unarmed robbery all saw peaks in the years following the ban, and most remain near or above pre-ban rates. The effects of the 1996 ban on violent crime are, frankly, unimpressive at best.”

“It’s even less impressive when again compared to America’s decrease in violent crime over the same period. According to data from the U.S. Justice Department, violent crime fell nearly 72 percent between 1993 and 2011. Again, this happened as guns were being manufactured and purchased at an ever-increasing rate.”

“So although you have fewer firearm-related deaths when you disarm law-abiding civilians, violent crime increases, because there is now NO deterrence to criminals. Even a criminal with a knife can rob, rape and murder someone who is unarmed.”

No, Aussie and UK 'Gun Bans' Didn't Lower Violent Crime or Homicides | MRCTV

“Included in the U.S. gun death stats are suicides, which comprise the bulk of firearm deaths, and, though they vary from year to year, usually stand almost twice as high as homicides and accidental gun-related deaths. However, promoters of gun-grab laws seem to have no problem calling suicides “homicides.””

Hello my comments; I went thru this violence discussion a few years ago. This is one of the ways things are skewed. I get that suicide is violent to the particular individual, but not always violence toward society. Murder –suicide being an exception.

“Thus we get the declaration that violent crime and gun homicides/suicides went down immediately after the “ban” took nearly 20 percent of Aussie guns off “the streets”, as some have claimed. The trouble is, it’s not true that violent crime, or even gun-related crime, decreased immediately after the gun ban. This is a case of temporal manipulation to reach a desired conclusion. In fact, gun-related crime increased for years after the 1996 “ban," and the only way disputants can claim that violent crime decreased is by widening the window of time beyond 10 years.”

“As John Lott has correctly noted, violent crime increased immediately after the “ban,” and homicides and armed robberies continued the upward trend until 2000, never dropping below 1996 levels until after 2010 (in the case of armed robberies, they still hadn’t gone below 1996 levels by 2010).”

“As Miguel Faria, MD. Noted, after the Aussie “ban” was insituted:

That same year in the state of Victoria, there was a 300 percent increase in homicides committed with firearms. The following year, robberies increased almost 60 percent in South Australia. By 1999, assaults had increased in New South Wales by almost 20 percent. Two years following the gun ban/confiscation, armed robberies rose by 73 percent, unarmed robberies by 28 percent, kidnappings by 38 percent, assaults by 17 percent and manslaughter by 29 percent, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.”

“Meanwhile, during the same early-year period of the Aussie “ban,” the U.S. saw a staggering increase in gun ownership, and violent crime, including gun-related homicides and other acts, decreased dramatically.”

“And guess what? Even after Bill Clinton’s presidency inspired worried gun owners to keep and bear more arms, the per-capita ownership of firearms continued to increase upon his departure, and violent crime continued to decrease.”

“Here is the link to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting stats from 2007 to 2011 to prove it. Between 2007 and 2011, the number of violent crimes committed with a gun decreased by over 220,000.”

“So what is the takeaway?”

“How about this: criminals change their behavior when they suspect a potential victim or group of potential victims might be armed. They hunt for easier prey. “

Hello my comments; In the USA currently we are seeing a dramatic change in violent crimes including assaults without guns, mass shoplifting, mass riots, vehicular homocides, gun deaths and armed robberies.

I might alter the above quote somewhat. The causes are more now that criminals do not fear the authorities to go after them. Too many stories of someone being caught for one crime, then being released on no bail and within days doing some other serious violent crime. One thing is such has not been happening in my area. I light up my front porch with a blue bulb to show support for the police and there is a good reason to not break into my house.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Impossible to know what the other person is thinking. We do get a sense of what they are up to based on our own internal experience.

Could have been sinister, or completely innocent (just a stupid driver).
Not being in the same situation, one could armchair suggest a different approach.

Only thing I may do different is to try and have a cooler look at whether there was an out, and see if they continued to follow. If not, chalk it up to dumb ass driver/s.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Actually, it was a force of 4,500 British regulars led by Major General Ross that invaded Washington and burned the White House, not a bunch of vandals from Bermuda:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington
The 9/11 contingent were definitely terrorists by any definition, though, which takes me to another point that we may agree upon and that is this: contemporary threats like terrorism and disruption of technological infrastructure are far more likely threats in the current age than any kind of Napoleonic invasion, and having arms in the home (or our cars) does nothing whatsoever to protect us against them.
Perhaps, but as a person I get to protect myself from other things that are not invasions or terrorism.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
How many rapes, robberies, assaults and car jackings in Canada, you ask?
Generally speaking, about the same or fewer than in your country.
If you want to talk about gun ownership as a matter of choice, regardless of the societal costs, fine: at least that’s honest.
Saying gun ownership makes society safer, though, is not, as there are no credible data to support the assertion.
The reality is this: when it comes to gun violence, the United States is - by far - the most dangerous country among the advanced industrialized countries in the world.
By far.
Also, as we in Canada have our own history and laws, we’ve never had the misfortune of having included anything like the curious legal anomaly and 18th century artifact you call a “second amendment” in our own constitution - thank God! - so we never developed any kind of mass fetish about guns that came to be perceived as an inalienable right, in any way, let alone one that was “taken away” from us by by any of our governments, be they Liberal or Conservative.
Fire arms and people are viewed as madness here in Oz i can't remember the last time i heard someone pulling a gun on someone in a car.

Gun crime here is normally drive by shootings by drug dealers warning other dealers etc.

The thought of the public having ownership of firearms and carrying them is a whole new level of anxiety.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Fire arms and people are viewed as madness here in Oz i can't remember the last time i heard someone pulling a gun on someone in a car.

Gun crime here is normally drive by shootings by drug dealers warning other dealers etc.

The thought of the public having ownership of firearms and carrying them is a whole new level of anxiety.
Yeah, but what about all that Vegemite? *Shudder*

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
So easy...when getting tailgated i slightly lay one foot on brakes just enough for brake lights and then floor it ....they hit brakes when they see lights and I accelerate creating a nice gap....do that a few times in a row and they will back off

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Comparing Canada and the United States and calling the second amendment so "antiquated artifact" you have to account for a huge difference.

The US Constitution, our country was founded upon the ideals of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

Canada constitution - founded upon "peace, order, and good government".

So the US is focused upon the individual and individual rights and responsibility and limited government. Government only has the power that the people give to it, and the people retained inalienable rights.

Canada looks to the government first and the individual second. You have the 'rights' that the government deems to be good enough to give you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
More than 1/3rd of US States allow concealed carry of firearms without a permit. Our violent crime rates are trending down.
ironically the areas with the highest "gun" and violent crime rates are areas with the strictest gun laws.

What works here is freely letting people carry, and convict those who commit crimes with them. Sadly that last part does not always happen.