Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Just saw this a few minutes ago. He was on another level entirely.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah it's super unfortunate. He only lived about 25 minutes from me. We've gotten an absurd amount of snow this season so the backcountry where he was at has been especially dangerous. RIP to a legend.
My best assumption (coming from sleds myself) is he was doing a big climb, didnt make it bailed and turned and got barrel rolled.

Any news on what actually happened?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My best assumption (coming from sleds myself) is he was doing a big climb, didnt make it bailed and turned and got barrel rolled.

Any news on what actually happened?
Sheriff's office reported he was descending a very steep downhill and the snowmobile upended and fell on top of him. He was separated from his group so I suspect he thought he knew where he was but got lost and entered unfavorable terrain on accident. We've gotten over 2 feet of snow just in the last day alone so it's an easy mistake to make.

Last edited:

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Sheriff's office reported he was descending a very steep downhill and the snowmobile upended and fell on top of him. He was separated from his group so I suspect he thought he knew where he was but got lost and entered unfavorable terrain on accident.
Ewwww found a drift hole..... ouch what a shame

Thanks for the insight

Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Just think of all the risks he took in a car and came away unscathed. Such a tragedy for his family and the car community. He was a truly amazing driver and person.

Rest In Peace Number 43.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me a bit of how Steve Irwin lost his life. He didn't get it from a snake or a croc like ppl might have expected, but a freak stingray accident. Ken didn't drive off of a cliff at Pike's Peak but got taken by something completely outside of driving cars. His Pike's Peak Climbkhana video is a must see, very pucker-inducing. He had some stones.

Cavdiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350. 87 T-top Fox . 2019 Raptor
Just heard this morning as well - not a great start to 2023. His videos were legend, along with his rally career... marketing... apparel.. you name it. He really seemed to be a genuine great guy. Will be missed.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is very sad. I got to talk with Ken at the Ojibwe Forests Rally, in August. Ken would arrive first and have to wait 10 or 15 minutes for his scheduled start time. I had a nice conversation with Ken in about the companies still serious about making leading edge rally cars, and the fun he still had driving these crazy cars on lumpy gravel roads, at crazy speeds, through the woods. I had the greatest respect for Ken, and will miss him very much.
1f641.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Start @ 10min

markhttps://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqKDobWmqvxV

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Ken. Jeremy Renner. Pele. Damar Hamlin. Barbara Walters. Crazy start to the year
Anita Pointer

Unless something has changed, Jeremy Renner isn't dead (yet, at least) just in critical condition?
He just listed people with unfortunate situations in general. Damar Hamlin is also in critical condition.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Losing KB hurt. He was involved in the development of the Focus RS - I like to think a little bit of his spirit lives in my garage.
Sponsored