Sponsored

Reset Procedure for Active Exhaust?

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Does anyone know what the reset procedure is after an exhaust actuator replacement?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
So this thread came up on a search for AE recalibration. I installed corsa and was having issues (had stock AE on before and no issues). It would start, then seemed to work well, then in quiet mode or track node the valves would go back and forth then return to normal mode, and I'd get the mode not available. I thought it was a calibration issue, didn't fix it.

So I had a couple extra valves on the shelf and went to troubleshooting. Forscan gave me a dtc code for actuator b range of motion failure. I thought B meant passenger side. Put a passenger actuator on from another exhaust set, then I got a couple more dtc failures (range and power) but now a side, and b was still there. So b side is drivers side, put the other pax side actuator back on, and swapped out drivers side with my other spare. When I swapped them out I noticed the spring had worked its way down some on the actuator. Well, same behavior. I decided to put the original actuator back on, when removing the spare I noticed the same thing with the spring being offset. What I am fairly certain was happening was I was not fully engaging both ears on the valve with the actuator spring. So it worked the first couple of actuations, but as it actuated the spring worked its way off center, no longer allowing full range of motion. I ensured I was engaging both ears, which required a bit more pressure and moving the actuator around during the process than the last two times. This fixed it, so this was an install issue, but it was not really noticeable. Hopefully I save someone else some trouble.
Sponsored