Sponsored

Requesting suspension setup assessment

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I'm wondering if I need more dampening than what's provided by Pro-Action fixed dampers since the car feels bouncier with the latest suspension modes. To be fair, Steeda's guide recommends Pro-Action adjustable dampers for Ultralite Linear Springs and replacing many of the soft bushings with spherical bearings further firmed up the ride. I plan on upgrading tires to something stickier once the current set is worn out.

Video below shows a slightly sharper than 90 degree left turn onto a highway ramp at around 45 MPH. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to gun it after the turn because there was cars head on the ramp. I was doing about 75 MPH by end of the video.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bumpstops, are they cut? How much?
Tire size and pressures?
Do you have Steeda's billet shock mounts?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm wondering if I need more dampening than what's provided by Pro-Action fixed dampers since the car feels bouncier with the latest suspension modes. To be fair, Steeda's guide recommends Pro-Action adjustable dampers for Ultralite Linear Springs and replacing many of the soft bushings with spherical bearings further firmed up the ride. I plan on upgrading tires to something stickier once the current set is worn out.

Video below shows a slightly sharper than 90 degree left turn onto a highway ramp at around 45 MPH. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to gun it after the turn because there was cars head on the ramp. I was doing about 75 MPH by end of the video.

pm your current build list and contact info. I will go over your build with you.

Thank you,

Mike D

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Pretty sure I'm seeing some early-apexing - heading toward the left-side and getting there too soon, where you then have to add some steering well past the apex to stay in your lane. This is likely to create more roll late in the turn, which means the suspension motion then will be opposite to what you expect as you exit the corner.

There might have been some pavement unevenness right at the beginning of the ramp, but I'm not seeing enough resolution in that part of the video to be sure.

What's that chime going off for?

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Pretty sure I'm seeing some early-apexing - heading toward the left-side and getting there too soon, where you then have to add some steering well past the apex to stay in your lane. This is likely to create more roll late in the turn, which means the suspension motion then will be opposite to what you expect as you exit the corner.

There might have been some pavement unevenness right at the beginning of the ramp, but I'm not seeing enough resolution in that part of the video to be sure.

What's that chime going off for?

Norm
Perhaps because I turned like in a typical 90 degree left turn on a major street. But since it's a highway ramp, it cuts in more to merge with the highway and that's where I gave it additional steering. I'll do some drive mod in when taking this ramp the next time for a smoother steering.

Chime is from the dashcam as it has lane keeping and collision alarms built in.

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
The following are my handling mods:

Wheels and Tires

Advanti DST HY Hybris (19x9.5 square)
Sumitomo HTR Z III XL 285ZR19s (front)
Continental ExtremeContact Sport SL 285ZR19s (rear)

Chassis and Suspension

BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
BMR Vertical Links with spherical bearings
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
Steeda Pro Action fixed shocks and struts
Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts
GT350R Front Sway Bar
GT350R Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Ultralite Sport Springs Linear
Steeda Front Camber Plates
Steeda Aluminum Differential Mount Busing System
Steeda Alignment Kit for BMR CB005
Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
Steeda Bump Steer Correction Kit
Steeda Front Control Arm Lateral Links w/ Extended Ball Joint
Steeda Toe Links and Bearing Assembly
Steeda Front Control Arm Tension Links with Spherical Bearings
Steeda Rear Control Arm Spherical Bearings

Advanti wheels weigh about 20 lbs each and I did additional weight loss mods, such as EradiSpeed rotors, CF DS, and balance shaft delete.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, Steeda's guide recommends Pro-Action adjustable dampers for Ultralite Linear Springs
I'm guessing that's it right there.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You probably at least need rear adjustables. The front is definitely better controlled by the fixed valve pro actions than the rear, from my experience.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks, I may try that first since swapping rear shocks is much easier than front struts.
For a better ride quality and for road race applications the Steeda urethane billet vertical links are the ticket.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Bull Run

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Spoke with Mike. He thinks that Pro-action fixed should be good enough for my setup and suggested trying polyurethane billet vertical links, as they are more road race focused than the spherical bearing vertical links currently on the car. They have been ordered and will report back once installed.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You are in good hands, Bull Run - look forward to the feedback!

Tj
Sponsored