Rate my suspension setup!

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Made a thread similar to this already but really just trying to justify spending 2500$

So far we have:
  • Ford Performance Strut and Shocks (M-18000-F)
  • Steeda Sport Progressive Springs (555-8210)
  • Steeda rear subframe alignment dowels (555-4438)
  • Steeda Bump Steer (555-8133)
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates (MM6CC-10)
  • Steeda Front Sway Bar (555-1015)
  • Steeda Rear Sway Bar (555-1016)
  • Adjustable sway bar End Links (SBELK1)
This will all be going on a 2019 GT PP1. I already have the steeds irs brace (555-5754) and the two point k member brace (555-5533).

Let me know if there's anything I'm missing alignment or performance wise.

Open to discussion and opinions!
Sponsored

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I have a base 2018 GT. I've installed the G Trac K brace, subframe braces, subframe bushing supports, cowl brace, and strut tower brace. The stock suspension is maligned here but I will say after driving the car with just the braces installed there is a big difference in how the car as a whole feels. The next step for me, and they are ordered, is the Steeda sway bars. I will evaluate and then I'm likely going with Bilstein B6s plus the steeda minimum drop.

My suggestion is to install all the braces. Evaluate. Install Sway bars. Evaluate. Install Suspension. Evaluate. That way you can feel what each piece does plus you're not having to drop all the coin at once.

OP
OP
BVLCK_S550

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have a base 2018 GT. I've installed the G Trac K brace, subframe braces, subframe bushing supports, cowl brace, and strut tower brace. The stock suspension is maligned here but I will say after driving the car with just the braces installed there is a big difference in how the car as a whole feels. The next step for me, and they are ordered, is the Steeda sway bars. I will evaluate and then I'm likely going with Bilstein B6s plus the steeda minimum drop.

My suggestion is to install all the braces. Evaluate. Install Sway bars. Evaluate. Install Suspension. Evaluate. That way you can feel what each piece does plus you're not having to drop all the coin at once.
I actually already have the cowl braces (to my surprise i didn't know this until I just researched it). So the only things I don't have are the bushings you mentioned. If I'm being completely honest, i could not tell much of a difference after the installation of the k-member and irs braces. I have been wanting to lower the car and stiffen up the suspension ever since I've had it but am wanting to do it the right way with all the supporting mods that go with it.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually already have the cowl braces (to my surprise i didn't know this until I just researched it). So the only things I don't have are the bushings you mentioned. If I'm being completely honest, i could not tell much of a difference after the installation of the k-member and irs braces. I have been wanting to lower the car and stiffen up the suspension ever since I've had it but am wanting to do it the right way with all the supporting mods that go with it.
Even with the larger Steeda Sway bars you can't feel much of a difference? Or have those not been installed yet?

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I just installed the Extreme G-Trac and IRS braces, already had the jacking rails. They made a noticeable difference, the car feels much tighter.

Just remember, whoever's suspension parts you go with, stay with theirs for everything. Steeda, BMR or anyone else's parts are designed to work with their own. Mix and match and you have an experimental setup, it may work it may not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BVLCK_S550

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Even with the larger Steeda Sway bars you can't feel much of a difference? Or have those not been installed yet?
I currently have the stock PP1 sway bars. I was saying I personally couldn't tell much of a difference with the just the IRS and K-member braces. Those two things are the only real suspension mods currently on my car. Other then jacking rails and wheel spacers if you would consider those suspension mods.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have the stock PP1 sway bars. I was saying I personally couldn't tell much of a difference with the just the IRS and K-member braces. Those two things are the only real suspension mods currently on my car. Other then jacking rails and wheel spacers if you would consider those suspension mods.
Gotcha. Install sway bars, evaluate. From what I've read they are quite stiff compared to others. Then go to your favored next step. It really is important to do things in steps, otherwise you can't be objective with respect to what provided you the best bang for the buck. Plus if you don't like it you an rip it out as you know what precisely caused the problem. Resell that bit.

OP
OP
BVLCK_S550

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Agreed, I just installed the Extreme G-Trac and IRS braces, already had the jacking rails. They made a noticeable difference, the car feels much tighter.

Just remember, whoever's suspension parts you go with, stay with theirs for everything. Steeda, BMR or anyone else's parts are designed to work with their own. Mix and match and you have an experimental setup, it may work it may not.
The only thing stopping me from buying steeda's shocks and struts is the fact that their basically rebranded Koni's. I've researched nothing but good things about the FP track shocks and struts which is why i'm going with those for now.

OP
OP
BVLCK_S550

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Gotcha. Install sway bars, evaluate. From what I've read they are quite stiff compared to others. Then go to your favored next step. It really is important to do things in steps, otherwise you can't be objective with respect to what provided you the best bang for the buck. Plus if you don't like it you an rip it out as you know what precisely caused the problem. Resell that bit.
That's a very good point! I might start off just doing the springs, shocks, and struts. I plan on installing everything myself which is why I'm trying to just get everything at once so I only have dig into it once and pay for a proper alignment once.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
The only thing stopping me from buying steeda's shocks and struts is the fact that their basically rebranded Koni's. I've researched nothing but good things about the FP track shocks and struts which is why i'm going with those for now.
FP track shocks or Bilstien B6 would be my recommendation. Steeda sells a pre-assembled B6 setup with their springs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BVLCK_S550

BVLCK_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
FP track shocks or Bilstien B6 would be my recommendation. Steeda sells a pre-assembled B6 setup with their springs.
I can easily look this up myself but I'm just going to ask. What springs come with the Bilstein's?

Mitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser; 2022 MT GT/CS DMG
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just looked it up.....looks like I'm reconsidering.....all these suspension options are about to drive me insane! :cwl:
It can do that. I would call over to Steeda and see what they have to say. Let them know what the plan is for your car, the budget, what you have and they can point you in the right direction.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Made a thread similar to this already but really just trying to justify spending 2500$

So far we have:
  • Ford Performance Strut and Shocks (M-18000-F)
  • Steeda Sport Progressive Springs (555-8210)
  • Steeda rear subframe alignment dowels (555-4438)
  • Steeda Bump Steer (555-8133)
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates (MM6CC-10)
  • Steeda Front Sway Bar (555-1015)
  • Steeda Rear Sway Bar (555-1016)
  • Adjustable sway bar End Links (SBELK1)
This will all be going on a 2019 GT PP1. I already have the steeds IRS brace (555-5754) and the two point k member brace (555-5533).

Let me know if there's anything I'm missing alignment or performance wise.
Well, you haven't told us anything about your alignment.
or what you're going to do with these suspension mods.
...Besides spending $2500 🙂

FP track shocks or Bilstein B6 would be my recommendation...
I concur with the Bilstein recommendation.

The only thing stopping me from buying Steeda's shocks and struts is the fact that they're basically rebranded Konis.
That would stop me, too, because I'll probably go to an HPDE and do laps with my Mustang one day...
The track where I go the most - NCCAR - is designed for suspension testing among other things. According to an employee, this one lumpy spot on a curve actually has the bumps spaced to excite Konis at a frequency they don't like. It's like this is common knowledge at a certain level of suspension testing and that spot was made so if Koni ever changes that characteristic, they'll know.
Really? Konis all go wonky at the same bump spacing??? Sounds weird, but plausible.

Last edited:

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I actually just looked it up.....looks like I'm reconsidering.....all these suspension options are about to drive me insane! :cwl:
Suspension options make my head swim more than anything else
Sponsored