Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What should you check after a replacement. So far my AC doesn't work and my intake is loose. I feel like the exhaust note is different.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
They finally approved my motor replacement and it’s on order. Wonder why they aren’t giving owners extended warranties anymore. What’s the best way to get one?
Nice man!! Extremely happy to hear this for you. Hoping I hear an update sooner than later for mine. :(

As far as all of these extended warranties, is it usually up to the company providing the warranty to deny claim or is it the Ford inspector? I'm a little confused by the process because some people are getting their engines replaced even without a Ford inspector ever showing up on-site.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Nice man!! Extremely happy to hear this for you. Hoping I hear an update sooner than later for mine. :(

As far as all of these extended warranties, is it usually up to the company providing the warranty to deny claim or is it the Ford inspector? I'm a little confused by the process because some people are getting their engines replaced even without a Ford inspector ever showing up on-site.
I think it depends on the failure. A hole in the block is cut and dry. Excessive oil, noises, etc are more gray. My dealer is incredibly incompetent so I can see why they inspect.

I also assume sometimes the dealer says they are waiting for approval when Ford is actually waiting for information from the dealer.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I think it depends on the failure. A hole in the block is cut and dry. Excessive oil, noises, etc are more gray. My dealer is incredibly incompetent so I can see why they inspect.

I also assume sometimes the dealer says they are waiting for approval when Ford is actually waiting for information from the dealer.
Gotcha! Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification and I agree!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Man I am finding some nice deals on low mileage 17-18 GT350’s. The 19-20’s are a lot more new but reading through these polls and threads and YouTube videos has me rattled.

I test drove a Camaro ZL1 and loved the way the car handles but being honest I like the looks of the Mustang GT350 way more, the sound way more, and the car is more liveable with better visibility, etc.

Ugh...

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Without opening up a poop fest, if you really want one...go for the 19 that has the improved motor, that so far does not have the oil usage problem the older ones have. My 19 replacement motor in my 2018 car has 12k miles on it and uses about 1 quart per 3k miles. My 2018 had problems at 4K and was replaced at 6k when it was at 1 quart per 125 miles usage.

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Can't make stuff like this up.
My nightmare started almost 4 weeks ago while doing my 1st oil change. The car is a 2018 bought NEW in March of his year. It has 1659 miles on it. I followed the break-in schedule and have never tracked or raced the car. I had planned to change the oil at 1500 miles but, did a little road trip and ended up at 1659. I proceeded with the oil change and discovered the stem broke in the filter housing. The actual broke piece was lodged in the stem check valve. I went to my local dealer to get a replacement housing. The housing can not be ordered because of apparent redesign. The entire aluminum apparatus that the housing screws in to, must be replaced.
Had the car towed in. The initial part sent was wrong. The sending unit lead wouldn't reach. The second part sent wouldn't work because of something with the sending unit. I was told they were in contact with Ford about a remedy. I called Ford Friday in order to get a case opened and to also voice my concern for parts not being available. Yesterday I got a call telling me that there was a rattle in the engine and it wouldn't be covered under warranty. After I got over the initial shock, I got furious. I assured them the car ran fine when parked for the oil change. I'm taking an oil sample to them this morning.
This design is a problem.
GT350 oil.jpg
GT350 oil2.jpg
Not to ask a stupid question..... - this would be on a 350 that uses a cartridge type filter not a spin on filter?

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
Man I am finding some nice deals on low mileage 17-18 GT350’s. The 19-20’s are a lot more new but reading through these polls and threads and YouTube videos has me rattled.

I test drove a Camaro ZL1 and loved the way the car handles but being honest I like the looks of the Mustang GT350 way more, the sound way more, and the car is more liveable with better visibility, etc.

Ugh...
I have mostly been a Chevy guy and I was wanting us to get a ZL1 as well but my wife liked the mustang better and I couldn't argue, I think it does have a better look and feels more special. It also fits my wife and daughter much better and that was the main reason. We weren't going to drop that kind of money and not to be able to have the 3 of us enjoy it comfortably.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Add me to the list. 2017 GT350R, 8200 miles. I was accelerating through 4K RPM when I felt the engine lose power. I looked at the oil pressure gauge and it was dropping, so I depressed the clutch and coasted the car to a stop. While coasting, the engine sputtered and died. Afterwards, it would crank a few times with a grinding noise, but not start. I also got an engine coolant temp alert, but coolant temp was within spec according to the display. Coolant and oil levels were fine, even after the incident, with no leaks.

I found out yesterday Ford approved an engine replacement. They would not disclose any further info, only that it would be replaced.

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Add me to the list. I was accelerating through 4K RPM when I felt the engine lose power. I looked at the oil pressure gauge and it was dropping, so I depressed the clutch and coasted the car to a stop. While coasting, the engine sputtered and died. Afterwards, it would crank a few times with a grinding noise, but not start. I also got an engine coolant temp alert, but coolant temp was within spec according to the display. Coolant and oil levels were fine, even after the incident, with no leaks.

I found out yesterday Ford approved an engine replacement. They would not disclose any further info, only that it would be replaced.
Very sorry to hear. Hope all goes well.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Add me to the list. I was accelerating through 4K RPM when I felt the engine lose power. I looked at the oil pressure gauge and it was dropping, so I depressed the clutch and coasted the car to a stop. While coasting, the engine sputtered and died. Afterwards, it would crank a few times with a grinding noise, but not start. I also got an engine coolant temp alert, but coolant temp was within spec according to the display. Coolant and oil levels were fine, even after the incident, with no leaks.

when did this happen? Seems like it’s taken me two months to get the motor approved.