Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
There is a you tuber called "auto fanatic" who says all of your oil consumption issues will go away if you use Amsoil... I hate it when people make blanket statements like that. He is one of the fortunate ones who is not having problems. Amsoil is not going to prevent this if there is a problem with consumption or a bad motor.
The magic oil. Fixing all know problems to man.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
As anyone gone into the service department with a Pedal Commander while requesting warranty work let's say for an engine replacement? If so, did you get push back? It takes 5 minutes just to remove it but you have to put yourself in that awkward space.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
As anyone gone into the service department with a Pedal Commander while requesting warranty work let's say for an engine replacement? If so, did you get push back? It takes 5 minutes just to remove it but you have to put yourself in that awkward space.
It doesn't modify the PCM so you should be fine. My dealer did an engine replacement for a guy with a Whipple. Based on the failure, it was clear it was a manufacturing defect rather than induced by the Whipple.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is a you tuber called "auto fanatic" who says all of your oil consumption issues will go away if you use Amsoil... I hate it when people make blanket statements like that. He is one of the fortunate ones who is not having problems. Amsoil is not going to prevent this if there is a problem with consumption or a bad motor.
I was skeptical last year but tried it anyway. Back when I was “only” burning a quart every 450 miles I tried amsoil to see if there was a difference. There was literally no difference between amsoil and motorcraft being burned away in this car.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There's a few guys running around (even here) spewing that. Amsoil has a better noack than MC, but when you're losing oil due to physical characteristics (ring blowby, bad valve seals, etc) that number doesn't really mean much. This is where you're correct; Amsoil is not going to change a darn thing.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I was skeptical last year but tried it anyway. Back when I was “only” burning a quart every 450 miles I tried amsoil to see if there was a difference. There was literally no difference between amsoil and motorcraft being burned away in this car.
I only asked because I'm skeptical of Amsoil period. Ford has been sticking with 5w50 for a pretty long time and in various motors for a reason. I get that there are those who think MC is crap but if it were and if it lead to engines issues, I'm certain ford would've done something about it by now. The Boss Road Runner engine, the Bullitt, the GT500 Trinity, the GT350/R all use MC 5w50.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I only asked because I'm skeptical of Amsoil period. Ford has been sticking with 5w50 for a pretty long time and in various motors for a reason. I get that there are those who think MC is crap but if it were and if it lead to engines issues, I'm certain ford would've done something about it by now. The Boss Road Runner engine, the Bullitt, the GT500 Trinity, the GT350/R all use MC 5w50.
I got a trump card for you, the Ford GT. It uses Castrol Supercar 5w50 instead of Motorcraft.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There was a post where a user compared amsoil, MC, and another oil, I think with actual tested viscosity and shearing...amsoil was definitely better and it also looked like the Motorcraft was less capable of lubricating in very cold climates. Not sure where the post is but amsoil is definitely a better oil, but the motorcraft wasn’t exactly crap, either.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I only asked because I'm skeptical of Amsoil period.
What are you skeptical about? A lot of folks don't approve of their business model, but the oil (all their products actually) are legit. And the oil analyses are out there to back it up.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What are you skeptical about? A lot of folks don't approve of their business model, but the oil (all their products actually) are legit. And the oil analyses are out there to back it up.
I was looking around again and yeah, MC shears down to like 30-40 grade oil around 1500 miles and Amsoil maintains its viscosity a lot longer. It’s a a grade higher than the MC.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I run Amsoil 10,000 miles in my truck (‘02 F150 5.4) and do so based off Blackstone report each time. Always comes back in great shape, in viscosity, everything. They recommend longer. Only reason I don’t go longer is cause 10K works out to about a year and I get bored. Truck has lived 200K with Amsoil on this cycle...and some piston slap the whole time too, LOL.

windnsea00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
That's because Amsoil is a MLM and people will say whatever to sell it. Not to say it isn't a good oil though.

evoaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Boy, I’m tired from reading every single post in this thread. The take away. If you have an engine failure and want to know how some dealt with it, it’s in here. On other hand if your just doing some research, looks like ford got “it” taken care of for 2019 and beyond. Whatever “it” was, and if “it” was a real thing.

I’ve left gmc and have found my next family in Ford. Coyote, voodoo, cobra jet, need I say more. Info in this thread have not deterred me one bit, Ford rocks.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I was looking around again and yeah, MC shears down to like 30-40 grade oil around 1500 miles and Amsoil maintains its viscosity a lot longer. It’s a a grade higher than the MC.
It makes me wonder if Ford knows this, and I think they do. Meaning, if we know the viscosity drops, I assume they do as well and planned accordingly. Maybe that's why this engine calls for 5W50 and not 5W30 or something like that, to allow for the reduction.

Look, it would be VERY easy for Ford to call for another brand of oil, like they do with the GT, like so many other manufacturers do with other cars. It can't be that they are pushing the sale of 5W50 Motorcraft in a low production, so don't say it's a money grab. Hell, they could have re-branded Amsoil if they wanted to.

I'm sticking with Motorcraft and my 8 year warranty.