Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Does K04'd mean the gti has full bolt ons and upgraded turbo?
Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Yessir. :)

It'd put a spanking on lightly modded 5.0's, that's for sure.

Here was me racing my buddy the day before I parted out the GTI.

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Lol, $15,000 cars have hood struts.
It's one of the many things I miss about my GTI.

Renner, since you had a nice k04'd GTI, what do you miss most?

I love this car (much more than the GTI) but here's what I miss about the GTI..

1) Flat bottom steering wheel. God damnit I loved that part of the car.
2) DSG transmission. I love the 6R80 but the DSG was very nice. lol.
3) How small the car is, and how nimble. Mustang is much larger.

All of this being said, I like this car a lot more than the GTI. It's not as fast, and I can't wait to get my mods done so I have a huge stupid grin every time I drive the car, like when I had the GTI :)

hehe. it'll be another project. :)
..so.. speedo video?

I don't have a way to mount camera for speedo video...it's hard to do when you have MT

I do miss the go-Kart feeling of the GTI but I love the hefty manly feeling of the mustang more I think :)
Yes I miss the GTI steering wheel..I am not hating the mustang one though, they made massive improvements over last years
I went from DSG to MT so I can't say what the auto feels like on the moostang

The only thing I miss right now if the HP from the GTI..being K04 that thing fucking moved!

Over all I am not regretting my purchase of the moostang and the sale of the GTI. Once I get this car at over 320+ WHP I will be much happier though as that will be roughly the GTI power when considering the weight change

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a way to mount camera for speedo video...it's hard to do when you have MT

I do miss the go-Kart feeling of the GTI but I love the hefty manly feeling of the mustang more I think :)
Yes I miss the GTI steering wheel..I am not hating the mustang one though, they made massive improvements over last years
I went from DSG to MT so I can't say what the auto feels like on the moostang

The only thing I miss right now if the HP from the GTI..being K04 that thing fucking moved!

Over all I am not regretting my purchase of the moostang and the sale of the GTI. Once I get this car at over 320+ WHP I will be much happier though as that will be roughly the GTI power when considering the weight change
Ahhh, I hear ya. No GoPro? no way to do the track app for quarter mile around there?
I loved the go-kart feeling, and honestly the more I drive this Mustang, the more I'm realizing that ... honestly, it handles similarly to my GTI (which I had Springs only, so it wasn't a beast, but still) just a bit heavier.
Even with the 235/50/18 Eagle F1's, it grips like a boss. It's a bit wet/rainy here, but I've been expecting the rear to fly out when taking turns (what I feel is too fast) and it just slides. I love it, and I don't think that will change any time soon.

I do like the steering wheel - I actually like how "grippy" it is, instead of the super soft/comfy GTI steering wheel, this one is rougher.

I'm probably going to snag an AccessPort today. I think when I get a tune/intake, I'll be pretty damn content power wise for a good while. After that I'll probably just do basic mods (tint the side markers, for example) and start saving for coils or air.

Any idea what intake you're going to go with? I like MMR's, I hate AirRaid's. Looks like pure ass, it's hideous lol.

I like JLT's offerings for the 5.0's, and I saw they're prototyping an intake for the Ecoboost on their facebook page. I'll probably get JLT's, or wait for Cobb's offering.

BTW -- regarding the AP, I'm probably going to snag it. I like Torrie's results, but Cobb is local to me and I'd like to be able to go to them in 20 minutes. Plus, if I don't like it, I can always resell it. I was leaning towards the SCT since more people use it, and I can switch tuners easily, but I don't think I'll be doing anything that requires anything very "custom" for quite a while.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
0-60 or 1/4 mile times for the gti. That thing looks pretty quick.

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I had crap tires, so my 0-60 and 1/4 times were pretty bad. I had to do roll races because it was FWD and they were very hard all season tires lol.

I got rid of the slips when cleaning out the car, but my best trap speed in the quarter was around the 113-114mph range.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that's why I hate fwd. hard to get traction.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
It's the fact that they cheap out on it. The part is not expensive mostly if they bought in bulk. Adding hood struts isn't going to kill their margin. The standard hood rod gets in the way and they could easily added struts but for some reason decided not to.

Outside of ford, hood struts are pretty standard

I'm surprised Ford doesn't offer a FRPP Hood strut kit. Also Surprised there hasn't been a thread asking if the aftermarket hood struts will void the warranty.. lol. Hood struts are on my list of stuff for the car as well. Got to get the bills form the holidays caught up first though.

OP
OP

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Yeah that's why I hate fwd. hard to get traction.

Even with TC on I would spin the tires on my GTI...now with mustang with traction control off it still bites and I don't spin.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even with TC on I would spin the tires on my GTI...now with mustang with traction control off it still bites and I don't spin.
Welcome to the world of RWD traction. I've never understood the point of adding hp to any FWD car because they can never put any power down.

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I didn't even bother with TC on the GTI, turning it off made no difference lol.

Welcome to the world of RWD traction. I've never understood the point of adding hp to any FWD car because they can never put any power down.
I do. That car is extremely efficient (price per dollar, mod for mod) to modify. Plus, they may not be RWD, but they're a ton of fun in the city :)

But yeah, I modded it because i loved the car lol. Didn't care if I couldn't do a dig run... at first. Now I know better ;)

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do. That car is extremely efficient (price per dollar, mod for mod) to modify. Plus, they may not be RWD, but they're a ton of fun in the city :)

But yeah, I modded it because i loved the car lol. Didn't care if I couldn't do a dig run... at first. Now I know better ;)

don't get me wrong I have mad respect for the power FWD cars can make for the price and are great fun to mod. Just drives me nuts that they will make tons of power but go nowhere 0-60 and 60ft at the drag strip which is where the majority of all driving and acceleration is done.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
don't get me wrong I have mad respect for the power FWD cars can make for the price and are great fun to mod. Just drives me nuts that they will make tons of power but go nowhere 0-60 and 60ft at the drag strip which is where the majority of all driving and acceleration is done.
Most people who had the GTI (that's the only market I can speak about) didn't give a damn about drag strip

it was like 70% stance, 30% power, but even then the power guys didn't do much at the drag strip, it was usually other events such as 40 rolls at airstrips, etc. Pretty cool lol. They also did a lot of autox and road course racing. :)

I think we'll find a lot more people that do some corner carving moving to the Ecoboost Mustang. I personally love the drag strip, but only so much. It gets kind of old lol

Most street racing happens from a roll though, at least around here from what I've seen..

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people who had the GTI (that's the only market I can speak about) didn't give a damn about drag strip

it was like 70% stance, 30% power, but even then the power guys didn't do much at the drag strip, it was usually other events such as 40 rolls at airstrips, etc. Pretty cool lol. They also did a lot of autox and road course racing. :)

I think we'll find a lot more people that do some corner carving moving to the Ecoboost Mustang. I personally love the drag strip, but only so much. It gets kind of old lol

Most street racing happens from a roll though, at least around here from what I've seen..

That is true.. Now days its all about roll racing and mph. I'm old skool.. Graduated HS in the early 90's and street racing was all from a dig. I just love a car that will hook from a dig. lol. I used to AutoX my old Z28 that I put a ton of mods on to get it to handle and I still spend time going to AutoX events just to take photographs the cars. I may have to start taking the Mustang to those events.

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Funny, I agree with you guys on almost all the GTI points. I had a stage 2 MK6 GTI and a stage 2+ MK6 Golf R that were pretty much completely setup with suspension and light wheels too. The only thing I really miss is the steering wheel, its one of the best OEM wheels and comes in an "economy car"!

Even the Golf R with the Haldex controller handled "weird" to me and was not really any fun when going back and forth between my RWD sports car. The R was pretty fast, but I let it sit pretty much all summer this year and drove my other car.
Sponsored