Sponsored

Magnetic Ecoboost Build - MAP turbo kit installed!

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
How has it been having the kit for a month? Still impressed with power? Any dyno? Whats your MPG now?

I am debating this kit or selling eco for GT...can't make up my mind. Worried about longevity of 2.3 engine with a BT turbo kit which is why i am considering the GT. Any words or advice?
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How has it been having the kit for a month? Still impressed with power? Any dyno? Whats your MPG now?

I am debating this kit or selling eco for GT...can't make up my mind. Worried about longevity of 2.3 engine with a BT turbo kit which is why i am considering the GT. Any words or advice?
sell it and get a GT. just one mans opinion. I like what OP did with the car. but for 10 grand i would just add a whipple and tune it so im at around 650 to the wheels.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco

I say stick with the Eco. The big turbo is not detrimental to the engine because boost comes in later and your making more power with the same amount of boost. And I'm sure the mpg are the same or better because the turbo doesn't spool till later.

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB

I have a write up coming next week if you stay tuned. MAP turbo kit on the ecoboost.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I say stick with the Eco. The big turbo is not detrimental to the engine because boost comes in later and your making more power with the same amount of boost. And I'm sure the mpg are the same or better because the turbo doesn't spool till later.
Yah I am in a toss up. If I sell the Eco I lose my recaro seats and my performance package and get the base GT. Snice I am fully bolted on with my car already you think the Eco with turbo upgrade is the better choice? I drive 2000 miles a month and use my car for autox and road courses also. I was really concerned with longevity of engine with turbo swap vs the GT just base. I guess as long as I don't try to go 500hp with the turbo swap it should be fine and I can keep the Eco which has been good to me

Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a write up coming next week if you stay tuned. MAP turbo kit on the ecoboost.
Also what are your thoughts on the turbo lag difference now that you have the new turbo?

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Yah I am in a toss up. If I sell the Eco I lose my recaro seats and my performance package and get the base GT. Snice I am fully bolted on with my car already you think the Eco with turbo upgrade is the better choice? I drive 2000 miles a month and use my car for autox and road courses also. I was really concerned with longevity of engine with turbo swap vs the GT just base. I guess as long as I don't try to go 500hp with the turbo swap it should be fine and I can keep the Eco which has been good to me
I say keep the Eco. I have both right now and I can say I like to drive the full bolt on Eco more then tune only GT

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I say keep the Eco. I have both right now and I can say I like to drive the full bolt on Eco more then tune only GT
Thanks for the info..appreciate the feedback.

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
Also what are your thoughts on the turbo lag difference now that you have the new turbo?
I don't know what turbo you are looking at but I opted for the 6062 Ball Bearing turbo, which is bigger than MAP's stock 5862 Journal Bearing. I talked with /u/Sup3rPat who has the same turbo as me and he said after a few pulls he got 14psi @3300rpm and 24psi @3900rpm.

An etune will prob shift those RPM numbers over 400-600.

Stock turbo spools almost immediately so turbo lag will be noticeable. Shouldn't be too bad, however, if you get the 5862 Ball Bearing with an etune.

EDIT: I looked at your build and for the turbo kit you will need to replace your DP and CAI with the turbo-specific parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
sell it and get a GT. just one mans opinion. I like what OP did with the car. but for 10 grand i would just add a whipple and tune it so im at around 650 to the wheels.
I have nowhere near 10k in performance mods, about half that actually.

MAP turbo kit - $3500
MAP intercooler - $550
MAP exhaust - $1000
Cobb accessport - $500

That's a grand total of $5550 in performance mods, which is $1500 less then the price difference between an Ecoboost and a GT. So to sum it up, I've spent less money, have more power, and better fuel economy then a stock GT :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

I'm loving it, very impressed with the power, especially after the etune. It hasn't been on a dyno yet, there's none anywhere near me. MPG is about the same as stock, I'm sure I could get better mileage then stock if I stayed out of boost, but that'll never happen :lol:

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I'm loving it, very impressed with the power, especially after the etune. It hasn't been on a dyno yet, there's none anywhere near me. MPG is about the same as stock, I'm sure I could get better mileage then stock if I stayed out of boost, but that'll never happen :lol:
Find a dyno please, would love to know what you're making.

tunasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you don't me asking, how much have you spent on all of your mods, dbmonster?

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
If you don't me asking, how much have you spent on all of your mods, dbmonster?
As far as performance mods go, I've spent about $5500.

All together with cosmetic mods, suspension, etc. I have about $10k into the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stealth
Hey man, can you tell me how did all this mods influenced your fuel economy? Do you see a increase in fuel consumption?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored