Sponsored

Recaro seats

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Interesting. I'm 6'1" and after getting in the proper driving position there is a good 4-6" between the seat back and the rear seats.
I'm 6'4" but we all adjust our seats differently as well. My inseam is 36". I like to lean the seat back and I have it all the way down and the base is angled so my thighs are somewhat supported (front of seat is higher than the rear). I'd like to be able to adjust the steering wheel out farther from the dash as well.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thank you!
I may also peel away the carpet padding. Stock the track pack weighs 3791 pounds. It would be nice to get it down to 3500 pounds. But without ditching the AC. Radio. Glass replaced by lexan. Sound deadening and interior panels it's not gonna happen.
Where are you at now again?

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Thank you!
I may also peel away the carpet padding. Stock the track pack weighs 3791 pounds. It would be nice to get it down to 3500 pounds. But without ditching the AC. Radio. Glass replaced by lexan. Sound deadening and interior panels it's not gonna happen.
Are driving on the streets, or strictly on the track ? If you're on the streets, take care. Your car is dangerous to the general public at large. :thumbsup::clap2:

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Are driving on the streets, or strictly on the track ? If you're on the streets, take care. Your car is dangerous to the general public at large. :thumbsup::clap2:
Lol

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What do you mean

I had to move to my laptop to make it easier to go back and check your previous posts.

At 3597 you're not doing too bad at all. I believe these cars have iron rear center sections, would be nice to have that in aluminum. I know on a 9" that's about a 25lb difference or so, exhaust weight would be nice to know also, titanium might save a significant amount. I know on a previous car I owned the titanium (single exhaust) was 11lb's total vs. stock which was over 50lbs. I think getting to the 3500lb mark might be in reach.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I had to move to my laptop to make it easier to go back and check your previous posts.

At 3597 you're not doing too bad at all. I believe these cars have iron rear center sections, would be nice to have that in aluminum. I know on a 9" that's about a 25lb difference or so, exhaust weight would be nice to know also, titanium might save a significant amount. I know on a previous car I owned the titanium (single exhaust) was 11lb's total vs. stock which was over 50lbs. I think getting to the 3500lb mark might be in reach.
Correct we have a iron center section. They are 99 pounds with diff and gears, no fluid.

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think at this point a driving coach will make your car faster than ditching an additional 91 lbs. Upgrading the driver is usually THE best upgrade you can make.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think at this point a driving coach will make your car faster than ditching an additional 91 lbs. Upgrading the driver is usually THE best upgrade you can make.

No offense taken. But I still want the car at a lesser weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was thinking the same thing. I have a 32 inch inseam and have the seat in proper driving position, there is like 1.5 inches of room in my car.

Maybe he has a mythical extended wheelbase version? :)
LOL. I have a 32 inch inseam as well. I used to drive more reclined, but now I sit more upright w/wrists able to rest comfortably on top of the steering wheel. :shrug:

I'm guessing the 911 (non-991 stretched version) has less space between steering wheel/dash and rear seats and I drove mine for years with the kids in the back.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
LOL. I have a 32 inch inseam as well. I used to drive more reclined, but now I sit more upright w/wrists able to rest comfortably on top of the steering wheel. :shrug:

I'm guessing the 911 (non-991 stretched version) has less space between steering wheel/dash and rear seats and I drove mine for years with the kids in the back.
GT350L

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have put my car on a Jenny Craig diet and so far by weighing the new vs old parts in at the following.

-42 pounds. Removed rear seats, belts, trunk liners, tire compressor.
-56 pounds. FORGELINE GA1R open lug 11x19 and Michelin pilot sport cup 2 305/30.
-11 pounds. American Racing Headers and off road X pipe.
I'm waiting for a carbon fiber driveshaft which I'll be optimistic and say I'll save -20 pounds.
And in also looking at these recaro profi spa seats which are less then 15 pounds each. The stock track pack / R seat is 49 pounds driver and 46 pounds passenger. So about a 65 pound saving

That's 194 pounds weight savings.
I essentially am giving my car the same treatment, sans seats front and rear,headers and drive shaft...LOL. I am however looking to get track wheels and tires. Actually, I looked at the same you bought but with the R specs. Love what you are doing. Looks like you went with a square set up, Why? any other reason than tire rotation? Oh and please weigh your car soon! I am excited to see what you come in at.

Thanks,

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I essentially am giving my car the same treatment, sans seats front and rear,headers and drive shaft...LOL. I am however looking to get track wheels and tires. Actually, I looked at the same you bought but with the R specs. Love what you are doing. Looks like you went with a square set up, Why? any other reason than tire rotation? Oh and please weigh your car soon! I am excited to see what you come in at.

Thanks,
Forgeline does not make a 11.5x19 GA1R open lug wheel. So I went with the 11x19 front and rear. The offsets are not the same. +24 and +62. You could go with a spacer so you can rotate them, but I can't stand spacers and do not trust them. Once I finish installing everything in my signature I'll be sure to scale the car!

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Forgeline does not make a 11.5x19 GA1R open lug wheel. So I went with the 11x19 front and rear. The offsets are not the same. +24 and +62. You could go with a spacer so you can rotate them, but I can't stand spacers and do not trust them. Once I finish installing everything in my signature I'll be sure to scale the car!
That answers the question I had floating around in the back of my head. I had read you going with the 11x19 square setup, and thought you had written something about using spacers somewhere, but couldnt find it. I definately am toying with the idea (im not planning to track or race) to go with a 305/35/19 and 11x19 square setup, but with spacers so that I can rotate every year.

Daniel

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Yes, I realized that when I was doing the research. Did you look at the project6g wheel being offered on the forum? I am really surprised at the price and leaning that way since the Forgeline are to much coin for me.
Sponsored