Recaro seats

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
That answers the question I had floating around in the back of my head. I had read you going with the 11x19 square setup, and thought you had written something about using spacers somewhere, but couldnt find it. I definately am toying with the idea (im not planning to track or race) to go with a 305/35/19 and 11x19 square setup, but with spacers so that I can rotate every year.

Daniel
I am not of fan of spacers myself. I have heard a lot of horror stories. You mentioned you will not track your car but also keep in mind if you drive spirited. I think spacers are a risk.
Sponsored

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Voodoo would you mind taking a couple pics of your car with the new wheels/tires mounted? I too plan to go with the PS2s in 305/30s for the front but I'm afraid the lower tire profile will make the car look lifted. I generally have always installed coilovers on my car for handling and removing wheel gap but I don't really want to mess with the suspension on this car if I can help it.

Thanks!

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I am not of fan of spacers myself. I have heard a lot of horror stories. You mentioned you will not track your car but also keep in mind if you drive spirited. I think spacers are a risk.
Well.. if all goes to plan (or actually not to plan.. :D:doh::headbonk:) ill be back in Germany around EOY 2017.... so yes... spirited driving is certainly in the realm of possibilities... :p:clap2:

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yes, I realized that when I was doing the research. Did you look at the project6g wheel being offered on the forum? I am really surprised at the price and leaning that way since the Forgeline are to much coin for me.
I seen the R knock off wheels, they are nice but I like the FORGELINE GA1R open lugs and wanted something that didn't look like the R. But they are nice.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I seen the R knock off wheels, they are nice but I like the FORGELINE GA1R open lugs and wanted something that didn't look like the R. But they are nice.
I had to go back and look at them. I did not know they were a copycat look..HAHAHAHA!
Still, they will be my track wheel only and seldom see the street. They are significantly cheaper. If I had the money I would much prefer a set of Forgeline.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Voodoo would you mind taking a couple pics of your car with the new wheels/tires mounted? I too plan to go with the PS2s in 305/30s for the front but I'm afraid the lower tire profile will make the car look lifted. I generally have always installed coilovers on my car for handling and removing wheel gap but I don't really want to mess with the suspension on this car if I can help it.

Thanks!
Sure, but I am in the process of installing R front and rear springs and everything else in my signature. I'm just waiting for vorshlag to release their camber plates.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I had to go back and look at them. I did not know they were a copycat look..HAHAHAHA!
Still, they will be my track wheel only and seldom see the street. They are significantly cheaper. If I had the money I would much prefer a set of Forgeline.
You are still choosing a very nice and quality wheel. You can't go wrong. The stock wheels are heavy. And in my opinion don't do much for the looks of the car. My only regret on my FORGELINE wheels is I wish I went with gunmetal instead of black.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Sure, but I am in the process of installing R front and rear springs and everything else in my signature. I'm just waiting for vorshlag to release their camber plates.
Double check the paperwork in your owner's manual. I believe the supplement that comes for the GT350 mentions that the track pack in the r share the same front and rear springs and sway bars.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Double check the paperwork in your owner's manual. I believe the supplement that comes for the GT350 mentions that the track pack in the r share the same front and rear springs and sway bars.

Not true. The R uses different front and rear springs. Also shorter sway bar end links. I know this for a fact. Also the R springs are about 1/2" shorter and the 30 series tire is another 1/2" shorter making the car 1" lower then the track pack. I posted part numbers of the R springs on another thread. I'll find them for you guys.

Here are the R spring part numbers I have.
FR3Z-5310M front need 2
FR3Z-5560T rear left
FR3Z-5560P rear right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
My understanding is that the R springs at 1/2 inch shorter in front and the rear springs are the same height. Can you confirm? Are you worrying about the MRC programming with the R springs? Also I talked to Vorshlag earlier this week and their camber plates should be ready in a couple weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The springs are 1/2" shorter. But with the 30 series tires being 1" overall or 1/2" shorter that lowers the car 1". The rear springs in the R "ARE NOT THE SAME" part numbers. No sir I'm not worried about the MRC. that's all done by the body control module. Technically the R shocks and struts also have a different part number also do to the valving

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Rears are shorter as well? Would appreciate a side by side picture once you get to the install

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
No problem

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Not true. The R uses different front and rear springs. Also shorter sway bar end links. I know this for a fact. Also the R springs are about 1/2" shorter and the 30 series tire is another 1/2" shorter making the car 1" lower then the track pack. I posted part numbers of the R springs on another thread. I'll find them for you guys.

Here are the R spring part numbers I have.
FR3Z-5310M front need 2
FR3Z-5560T rear left
FR3Z-5560P rear right.

This is what I mentioned earlier.
Screenshot_2016-03-17-16-52-42.jpg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Correct I understand what your saying. But the part numbers for the rear springs are different between the R and non R. They are shorter. As you also show the rear R sway bar links are shorter but I have BMR adjustable sway bar links front and rear instead.
Sponsored