Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
:confused:

One reason for getting the 350 vs. an R was to have rear seats for the kids. I'm guessing what you meant to say is the rear seats are nearly unusable for adults unless you are kid sized?

I wanted a R but the only dealer near me wanted $98,000.00. So I ordered my track pack from another dealer at $5000 over sticker. The back seats are useless to me. I have no kids and nobody can fit back their anyhow and I'll be putting in a roll bar anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
:confused:

One reason for getting the 350 vs. an R was to have rear seats for the kids. I'm guessing what you meant to say is the rear seats are nearly unusable for adults unless you are kid sized?
It really depends on the size of the people in the front seats and how much comfort they are willing to sacrifice. I can't fit my fingers between the front seat back and the rear seats in my normal driving position. There's really no room for any person with legs behind me.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It really depends on the size of the people in the front seats and how much comfort they are willing to sacrifice. I can't fit my fingers between the front seat back and the rear seats in my normal driving position. There's really no room for any person with legs behind me.
Interesting. I'm 6'1" and after getting in the proper driving position there is a good 4-6" between the seat back and the rear seats.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I'm 6'1" and after getting in the proper driving position there is a good 4-6" between the seat back and the rear seats.
I also am 6'1" and I have about a 1" between the front and back seat. I wear a 32x36 pants. Maybe you have a taller torso? Lol

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I also am 6'1" and I have about a 1" between the front and back seat. I wear a 32x36 pants. Maybe you have a taller torso? Lol
I was thinking the same thing. I have a 32 inch inseam and have the seat in proper driving position, there is like 1.5 inches of room in my car.

Maybe he has a mythical extended wheelbase version? :)

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I havent found a GT350 with Recaro's in the NJ area to sit in, so the closest ive been able to come is a GT with Recaro's. Being 6'6", there will be nobody sitting behind me at all, as I couldnt fit a finger (nor a piece of paper :D) between front and back seat...

That does bring up the question, can somebody shed some light on how different the Recaro's are in the GT350 from the GT Recaros? I posed that question in an older thread which touched on the Recaros, but didnt get much of an answer.

Thanks,

Daniel

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I havent found a GT350 with Recaro's in the NJ area to sit in, so the closest ive been able to come is a GT with Recaro's. Being 6'6", there will be nobody sitting behind me at all, as I couldnt fit a finger (nor a piece of paper :D) between front and back seat...

That does bring up the question, can somebody shed some light on how different the Recaro's are in the GT350 from the GT Recaros? I posed that question in an older thread which touched on the Recaros, but didnt get much of an answer.

Thanks,

Daniel
Daniel
I can only speak on the GT350 track pack and R seats as they use the same seat. The seats are comfortable and hold you in place tight. They are comfortable for me I'm 6'1" 185 pounds and when I get the seat adjusted where I feel comfortable for street driving I have about 1" between the front to back seat. But I also removed the rear seat and installed the GT350R rear seat delete. But when I adjust the seat for race comfort I'd say I'd have more room between the front to back seat. I'm only swapping the stock recaros for weight reasons.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Thanks,

Daniel
Try this:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20264

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I see the weight savings on the wheels and tires, but do you know what the stock front and rear wheels weigh by themselves?

The weight for wheel/tire - track pack is:
61.05 - front ea.
62.00 - rear ea.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The weight for wheel/tire - track pack is:
61.05 - front ea.
62.00 - rear ea.
Front tires alone are 29 pounds
Rear tires alone are 30 pounds

The 11x19 FORGELINE GA1R Open lug wheels I have Are 20.5 pounds rear 21 pounds front. The pilot sport cup 2 305/30ZR19 I'm running is 26 pounds each. Saves me 14 pounds each wheel.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete

The 11x19 FORGELINE GA1R Open lug wheels I have Are 20.5 pounds rear 21 pounds front. The pilot sport cup 2 305/30ZR19 I'm running is 26 pounds each. Saves me 14 pounds each wheel.

Your car will be a lot more responsive with all that weight loss in the wheels & tires alone. Add to that, the hardware weight being pitched. It'll be a lot of fun on the track.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Sorry to be trolling on a GT350 thread with my GT PP - But I spoke with Ford and although they don't have a release date yet, they said they will be making the stock GT350 wheels available as an FRPP item. So I have been debating between waiting for the factory part or going with the MRR 350 version which weighs about 24lbs. Sounds like the Ford ones are over 30lbs, so I will likely go with the MRR version or the ones you are using.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Your car will be a lot more responsive with all that weight loss in the wheels & tires alone. Add to that, the hardware weight being pitched. It'll be a lot of fun on the track.
Thank you!
I may also peel away the carpet padding. Stock the track pack weighs 3791 pounds. It would be nice to get it down to 3500 pounds. But without ditching the AC. Radio. Glass replaced by lexan. Sound deadening and interior panels it's not gonna happen.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to be trolling on a GT350 thread with my GT PP - But I spoke with Ford and although they don't have a release date yet, they said they will be making the stock GT350 wheels available as an FRPP item. So I have been debating between waiting for the factory part or going with the MRR 350 version which weighs about 24lbs. Sounds like the Ford ones are over 30lbs, so I will likely go with the MRR version or the ones you are using.
It's a open forum, your not trolling.
I wouldn't use the stock GT350 boat anchors. You have a ton more choices out their. In my opinion I wouldn't get the mrr version either. Every tom dick and Harry are using them and I think it's better to be unique. But to each their own. Also the stock gt350 wheels are made in China! :frusty:
Sponsored