The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I received a letter today in the mail from the Ford dealer that I bought the GT from about a recall on my 22 M1. I didn’t even buy it from them. I searched NHTSA and it says there are zero recalls. The letter didn’t even say what the recall number was it just said my car may have a recall. Sounds like their just trying to have me come in to get some business.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I‘ve never heard of a legitimate recall letter being sent by a dealer. They come from Ford corporate proper. No way Ford would leave something important as a recall up to a dealer to get right.

Something ain’t right.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Those damn sharks, since they can't sell cars they are trying this BS.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’ve gotten letters from dealerships about recalls but always after I received a notice from corporate. Usually the letter from the dealership stated that they have been made aware by corporate that my car was identified as being part of the recall, they have the part (or software update) available and to call to schedule an appointment.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I heard from a guy over the weekend who has a '21 M1 about a TSB for the brakes, but I think it was second hand from him.

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
The recall for the Low Brake Fluid Warning became active, with a fix, in a letter sent to dealers Dec 7, 2023. Affects all 20-23 Mustangs built from 2/28/19 to 4/5/23. Fix is a simple BCM update.

Dealers have the letter for recall 23C35 to fix all affected cars whether the owner has the letter or not. All new vehicle demonstrators are not driven and new deliveries are held until repaired. Owner letters to go out week of Dec 18.

I have a pdf of the dealer letter if needed to verify.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I received a letter today in the mail from the Ford dealer that I bought the GT from about a recall on my 22 M1. I didn’t even buy it from them. I searched NHTSA and it says there are zero recalls. The letter didn’t even say what the recall number was it just said my car may have a recall. Sounds like their just trying to have me come in to get some business.
FWIW, the dealer I ordered my '97 Formula from would send bogus recall notices to get people to come in and be pitched for additional services, etc.. Responsible parties did jail time.

Same dealer tried to scam Pontiac (not sure exactly how they could pull it off) by claiming to find a cracked block while fixing a taillight under warranty. I Flat-bedded the car to another dealer who confirmed nothing wrong with the block. I still have the car.

There are some real bad ones out there.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I have received the letter and the NHSTA site is also showing the recall.

From
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle
Oct 27,2023
Manufacturer Recall Number23C35
NHTSA Recall Number23V727

The dealership called me today and asked to schedule, they claimed they needed the car "all day", so I told them I had to consult my schedule.

Has anyone actually had this work completed yet, how long did your dealer take?
Something tells me the reflash shouldn't "take all day."

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
If the dealer in question is like any dealer by me, they are all short handed. Before Covid, an oil change/tire rotation was an hour to hour and a half. Now I get quoted 4 to 6 hours for the same job.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have received the letter and the NHSTA site is also showing the recall.

From
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle
Oct 27,2023
Manufacturer Recall Number23C35
NHTSA Recall Number23V727

The dealership called me today and asked to schedule, they claimed they needed the car "all day", so I told them I had to consult my schedule.

Has anyone actually had this work completed yet, how long did your dealer take?
Something tells me the reflash shouldn't "take all day."
Seems like most that have had it done say it takes a half hour or less to do. Sounds like your dealer may have a tech shortage. If they have a mobile service (where they come to your house or work), the update can be done that way as well

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Mobile technician came to my house, 15 minutes later he was done. No driving around the block, no BS, he had one job and performed it well.
like @MAGS1 said, check on the mobile service.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Seems like most that have had it done say it takes a half hour or less to do. Sounds like your dealer may have a tech shortage. If they have a mobile service (where they come to your house or work), the update can be done that way as well
Mobile technician came to my house, 15 minutes later he was done. No driving around the block, no BS, he had one job and performed it well.
Didn't even think about this! Wonderful tip, thanks gents!

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose I should get this done but I’m not really worried about it. The car sits at 1500 miles and I’m constantly checking fluids. Maybe i’ll have it done when I go in for my next oil change probably in July.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I didn't even know this was a thing. How did you find it?
Sponsored