Sponsored

Rear View Camera Not Available

xknockx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Looks like a common issue with the 8" system. I have the same issue among other ones, which include chrome pealing off the door handles and then dealer fucking up the interior of the door now I got a rattle which they can't find. To top it of I got the camera issue last week.
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I have to say that picture complaining about it being grainy.. That is pretty common at night..

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
You guys have a loose wire in the trunk. I had this issue and took it in and the fix was pretty quick. There's a wire loom running on the passenger side of the car in the trunk. The wire that leads to the camera is bad. My dealership found it and had it fixed in under an hour.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I got a new camera and new wiring and all is well.

Round 1:

Round 2:

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Update: My camera is still working, but interestingly I no longer have the green/yellow/red markers like when it was original. I only have the magnifying glass symbol but it doesn't do anything. At least it works now. I find it easier to see the image without all the markers too. Perhaps the old marker system had to be done away with for the camera to work.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
camera has been flickering and cutting in and out for a month now.

Today it finally stopped working completely and got the Camera Not Available error message.

Gonna take it to ford whenever i get a chance.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
My camera (GT Premium) suddenly starting giving me the "unavailable" message. It is intermittent (works about 25% of the time perfectly, not at all the rest of the time). Tried resetting Sync to no avail. Back to the dealer.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I just got the message today! NOOOO! It was all grainy and now it doesn't show up and just says rear view camera not available, time go to to the dealer now /:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Yeah mine started this crap last week. I'm going to make sure the trunk connection is good first. If not dealer next week. Doesnt seem to matter base or prem

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mine had a video glitch/sync roll a couple weeks ago. I wish I could turn off the moving lines. I find them distracting and can do much better with just the fixed lines as a reference.

Sponsored

DHoward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
'15 Comp Orange GTPP
I've been getting this very speratically over the past two months. Now it seems to be getting worse. Going to try and take it in tomorrow. '15 ecoboost premium.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Partially diagnosed today by the dealer as an "open circuit", but I need the car the rest of this week, so it has to go back again next week to take apart, and figure out where and if something needs to replaced (which would mean putting it back together, ordering the part, returning later, taking it apart again and replacing the part). At this point, the center console has been taking apart several times already (busted hazard toggle, non-functioning Sirius radio). They are getting a lot of practice on my car.

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
rear camera issue

Right from Ford guys:

Apr 25 2016 2959 - 2015-2016 Mustang - Inoperative Park Aid Camera, Luggage Compartment Lamp And/Or Poor Satellite Radio Reception
Some 2015 and 2016 Mustangs may experience an inoperative Rear Parking Aid Camera, luggage compartment lamp, and/or poor satellite radio reception. Check the 14A005 wire harness at the right deck lid hinge for damage between the package tray harness retaining clip and the deck lid harness retainer clip. Repair the harness following repair guidelines from section 5-1 of the wiring diagram. If equipped with deck lid mounted satellite antenna, make sure the shielding is wrappedon the antenna wires securely after any repair. Secure the harness ensuring it rolls downward into the trunk area when closing the deck lid and does not becometrapped between the deck lid and the deck lid opening flange. This concern may be accompanied by Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) B115E, C1001, and B1A89.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - wish I could have given them this info yesterday, but I will at the next visit (which I can't do for a week and a half now since I need my car, for you know, commuting and stuff). I also had the problems with Sirius, though for me it was complete lack of signal, and they eventually fixed it by replacing the entire wire front to back.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Update: My camera is still working, but interestingly I no longer have the green/yellow/red markers like when it was original. I only have the magnifying glass symbol but it doesn't do anything. At least it works now. I find it easier to see the image without all the markers too. Perhaps the old marker system had to be done away with for the camera to work.
That should not be the case.

If the guidelines are no longer present, that's cause by the wrong camera part number or the camera not being properly configured.

I would bring it back to the dealer and have them resolve it.
Sponsored