Front Camera Fault - Pre-Collision Assist Not Available

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I am not shocked that there is another problem with this car - but here I am, yet another issue.

This morning on my way to work I had two errors pop up. "Front Camera Fault - Service Required" and "pre-collision assist not available) Obviously the second one is directly caused by the camera. When I went to lunch (I take very early lunches 😅 ) the issues did not reset or go away. Went for a short drive, turned the car on and off a few times - the errors still pop up.

Now every time I start the car I get these warnings.

IMG_20220805_095050.jpg
IMG_20220805_095051.jpg

I would prefer for these systems to be disabled or removed. I do not like the error messages popping up.

I guess my questions are:
1. is there a known fix that I can do by myself to resolve the issue?
2. Is there a way just to disable these systems so that they never bother me again?

Few other things. I washed my car last week and it still very clean - do I doubt its dirt anywhere messing with the camera or sensors. But I will do a wash tonight to see if that helps. I would really like to not go back to the dealer for this car.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Update: Well to be honest there is no update. I have since called two dealerships to make an appointment from them to look at this problem. Both cannot see me until October. What the hell is going on at Ford?

I am looking into alternative solutions to "solve" this problem. A problem that should not have happened so soon in the life of this car. And a problem for a feature I never wanted. Very frustrating.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I had the " "Pre-collision assist not available" message pop-up last May when driving full throttle. Then limp mode right after.
Believe it or not, it was caused by a bad tune and/or hardware (CAI). It has been remedied by removing the tune and hardware (and getting a refund).

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I had the " "Pre-collision assist not available" message pop-up last May when driving full throttle. Then limp mode right after.
Believe it or not, it was caused by a bad tune and/or hardware (CAI). It has been remedied by removing the tune and hardware (and getting a refund).
I am 100% Stock

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
It is FINALLY fixed. The camera was failed around 13k miles. They had the part within a week after my appointment (which was sometime in August) - but it took an additional month for them to actually install it due to lack of labor. All of my local Ford dealers are insanely far behind.

They say all their old workers retired during 2020. And they are finding difficult to hire and train young people.

Sponsored

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Glad it's fixed! I just had my windshield replaced last week and the tech from Safelite could not get all the systems to re-boot, so he asked if he could drive it to their shop from my house. I politely said I would follow him there. I was shocked at what it takes to re-calibrate these systems! He was on the phone with someone @ Ford to get it started, then we had to take it out on the road to finish it all up! Weird to think someone can run the systems in your car remotely!!

wlbecker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach-E
It is FINALLY fixed. The camera was failed around 13k miles. They had the part within a week after my appointment (which was sometime in August) - but it took an additional month for them to actually install it due to lack of labor. All of my local Ford dealers are insanely far behind.

They say all their old workers retired during 2020. And they are finding difficult to hire and train young people.
Can you please post exactly what they did to fix this. I want the “diagnosing” phase to be as short as possible while at the shop.

OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Can you please post exactly what they did to fix this. I want the “diagnosing” phase to be as short as possible while at the shop.
You will have to tell them your symptoms. I told the service guy I think the camera fault it causing the pre-collison failure. They then ran their stupid little tests and determined that it was the camera that had failed (as opposed to the pre collision system which is separate?)

Anyway, it was easy for them to get the part, but I had to wait a long time for labor to open up...

So basically, the plastic box that holds your rear view mirror was opened up and they swapped the whole circuit board/camera system. *They did not replace the mirror or anything like that
Sponsored