Sponsored

Rear View Camera Not Available

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
My rear view camera has gone BO again. Its operation has been intermittent within the past week. At its last occurrence of failure, I was able to get the rear view camera to work by simply turning the car off and waiting. I have done nothing to the camera and it has simply crapped out. Restarting the car did not reset the camera this time. Have any of you guys gotten the camera to work without going to the stealership? I can only think to unplug the battery, but am seeking advice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
My camera now works again. No idea why it now works.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
My camera had a bad day today. I have been having camera trouble since I first posted about this last year, but have been waiting to accumulate other issues to save from multiple dealership visits.

Anyways, I'll try to swing by the stealership this week to see if they can "reproduce" this issue. I'll follow up with any repairs.

I hope these pictures help to serve as proof of camera issues for others when they seek repairs.

Also, I will wait to get my camera repaired before I install a short shifter so I don't take unnecessary blame.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
I'm having the same issue and it's really intermittent. For me, it's just an inconvenience although I should probably take it to the dealership.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My camera (base car also) intermittently doesn't work but I've never had an error like you posted. Mine just goes to a blank screen. Let us know what you find.

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I get the "rear camera not available" at least once a day.

And then sometimes it'll glitch out and gets stupid and its fuzzy and flashes.

Now if I connect my phone to my car it won't show me what song is playing, it's just blue. And if I get a call and once I hang up it shows that I'm still "on the call" even though my music is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I wonder if this issue is more prevalent with the base interior than the premium model. I've not seen reports of anyone with the 8" screen say their camera doesn't work. I'd guess it's the same camera but different software that runs them. And obviously the different screen.

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
Where's [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] ? Has this been an issue around the country and or world? It's annoying but I've been to lazy to do anything about it.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I had the controls on the steering wheel weren't responding to the small screen to check my pressure or fuel or change radio station then after 5 minutes it started working and I got the camera thing one time

Sponsored

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550
I had something similar happen, the controls on the steering wheel weren't responding to the small screen to check my pressure or fuel or change radio station then after 5 minutes it started working

I think you're talking about the dash menu. We're talking about the radio screen

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Id like to find an easy DIY fix but I'd never take the car in for it, even if it 100% quit working. The camera is a novelty to me and I'd rather deal with it not working vs having the dash ripped apart and half ass put back together by Someone who only sees my car as another job he has to finish before lunch.

pabbs5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 S550

Look how grainy and distorted this is

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My camera had a bad day today. I have been having camera trouble since I first posted about this last year, but have been waiting to accumulate other issues to save from multiple dealership visits.

Anyways, I'll try to swing by the stealership this week to see if they can "reproduce" this issue. I'll follow up with any repairs.

I hope these pictures help to serve as proof of camera issues for others when they seek repairs.

Also, I will wait to get my camera repaired before I install a short shifter so I don't take unnecessary blame.
I'm having the same issue and it's really intermittent. For me, it's just an inconvenience although I should probably take it to the dealership.
My camera (base car also) intermittently doesn't work but I've never had an error like you posted. Mine just goes to a blank screen. Let us know what you find.
I get the "rear camera not available" at least once a day.

And then sometimes it'll glitch out and gets stupid and its fuzzy and flashes.
Now if I connect my phone to my car it won't show me what song is playing, it's just blue. And if I get a call and once I hang up it shows that I'm still "on the call" even though my music is playing.
Where's [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] ? Has this been an issue around the country and or world? It's annoying but I've been to lazy to do anything about it.
Hi guys,

Personally, I have not heard about this issue before. Regardless, I recommend you all bring them into your Ford Dealers as soon as possible and get them checked out. Also, PM me with your VINs, dealers, mileage, full names, and best daytime numbers so I can get this escalated for all of you.

Deysha

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Another one here with this issue. I have the 8" MFT system. At first it happened a couple of random times starting about 6 months ago. Now it's quite regular. Pretty much at least once a day.

Just made an appointment with my dealer for the 14th. (earliest I can get there)
Sponsored