Sponsored

Rear Diff Cooler Lines popped off on 3rd track lap

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I cant remember exactly but there are two lines that essentially "snap" into place and have a keeper ring that keeps them from popping out. These two lines plug into the diff cover. Both popped out. Clearly it was an assembly line mistake where the person that plugged them in at the factory didn't perform this step correctly.

Mine never leaked a drop before the catastrophic issue. I am unsure how the pump system works. It could be that it does not operate until the temps rise, or it could just be that the higher pump pressure related to the heat caused them both to pop out.

The selling dealer did end up reimbursing me $100 for the service I paid at the track. However, no concessions were made on behalf of the lost track time, car clean up from the smelly diff fluid all over the rear underside and back of the car, Ford service checking that all was operating correctly after the issue, etc. (As a side note, if I was running at COTA, I would have had to pay thousands for track clean up.)

Ford made it crystal clear to me that when it comes to track time, its all about marketing and not about customer support while using the car on the track in which it was advertised for use. Makes me wonder about the "GT350 Track Attack" and what thats all about...

I wonder if Porsche treats GT3 or GT4 owners the same.
Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I wonder if Porsche treats GT3 or GT4 owners the same.
Funny you should mention it. I was at a PCA cars and coffee yesterday and one of the guys with the new GT3 is having white smoke at start up. The dealer said it was overfilled oil , but it was barely over filled, if it all. You should see the video, it's like a smoke/ fog machine. They're giving him the runaround and he said if it happens two more times he's trading it back under lemon law.

This is a $130k car. And not his first Porsche with them.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Funny you should mention it. I was at a PCA cars and coffee yesterday and one of the guys with the new GT3 is having white smoke at start up. The dealer said it was overfilled oil , but it was barely over filled, if it all. You should see the video, it's like a smoke/ fog machine. They're giving him the runaround and he said if it happens two more times he's trading it back under lemon law.

I guess nowadays it’s harder to find good reliable service no matter the car brand.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I have a jeep Rubicon with a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. I've got 150k miles on the 10 year old work horse and just last week got the ABS system replaced under warranty. Plus, they pay for every other oil change.

Great dealership.

As for Ford, the dealership I bought from is Klaben in Ohio. Gary James. THE BEST. I never met them. 100% via email and phone and I paid WELL UNDER MSRP. Gary's been there 34 years. He told me he just got another GT350 and 2 Raptors in.

My only problem is that I live in NY

jpsomner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R base, chassis # G0089(GR015), Blk/wht
You did the right thing - bring it to it's tolerances to expose the flaws. Same thing on mine: ran it at NOLA and it wasn't until the 2nd session smoke billowed from the tail. Cracked transmission cooler line. $150 repair. Back on the track. You have to run these cars...

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

To be fair, those engines are extremely oversensitive to being overfilled with oil because they're flat. He should have had them drain some off...

Still crappy service, they should have immediately fixed it under warranty if they performed the work.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
They did drain some off and declared it fixed. Time will tell.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
They did drain some off and declared it fixed. Time will tell.
FWIW it's disconcerting to hear that, I'm looking at P cars because Ford's warranty service and build quality of parts is beyond worthless...

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
When my motor blew Ford replaced it no problem. I told them I was doing an HPDE and it let go.

They told me and I quote “this is what Ford designed the car to do, just don’t touch the motor and we will take care of it if it happens again.”
Can you please provide more detail about what happened with your original motor? I'm compiling a spreadsheet and keeping count of these issues. See my signature below. Thanks

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Tell the dealer I pushed my car on back road and this is what happened.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Typical dealer treatment.... I was treated similar when I bought my 2007 f150 new from the dealer. 3 months in I noticed the thread on one of my rear Pirelli Scorpion tire was coming apart after a camping trip. I went to the dealer and showed them what had happened and they responded with, "since you went off road, the tire warranty does not cover the tire damage because it was driven off road....." Yeah, so i just bought a 4x4 truck with all terrain tires and went camping and one tire failed and it's not covered because I drove on dirt??????? Damn dealers always find a way to deny warranty coverage. Hopefully someone higher up will help you out with your issue.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Covert, along with all the other central Texas dealers, are trash!
They already got your 10-15k ADM so they couldn’t give two shits about you or your car. They’re so short sighted and aren’t interested in building long term relationships with their customers.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I think the problem is trying to get Ford to pay for work done by somebody else. I think if you would sent the car to the dealer from the track they would have fixed it. Once you started fiddling it became your problem. Although the Dealer certainly didn't explain it. Or if you would have came in said oil lines came off, I patched it please inspect and fix the lines.

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase

I followed the break in period as specified in the manual. Car had 1025 miles when I unloaded it off the trailer at the track.

Which statement are you referring to?
Maybe the Magsun laws would apply, when I bought my lightning it was popular to solve dealer issues